Page: 1...5758596061
Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a 3 discount. Please note that the price of 25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of 25 in advance and 30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise 600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Or back them up perhaps? tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:Yeah... s'pose could just move them onto the other hard drive...

There's no way to re-format a hard-drive from NTFS to FAT32 without losing all the data on there is there?
This is just me being lazy, we have a netdisk with 180gb free...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3964
Posted:Nope........

defetes the object of the term "format"

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Posted:S'what I thought...
Ah well, a fun day of data transfer ahead of me then...
Although I won't bother as it's the above stuff that needs moving so will await further instruction from you.

Aside from this, I've nearly finished my bit wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:umm Yes there is, Symantec Norton Partition Magic does it very well.

Are you sure you're not talking about going from FAT32 to NTFS? I only ask because NTFS supports file sizes up to 16TiB - thats 16,384 Gigabytes. I doubt that all the footage from play comes to that much smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Posted:ah, might've got it the wrong way round in my little head... Is it FAT32 that doesn't like 4gb+ files?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Posted:Yep smile

If you have data on the drive that you *cannot* loose at all, then you should back it up, but I have a lot of faith in partition magic. I've even used it on a windows partation before and taken the whole system from FAT32 to NTFS without any data loss. It took about 30 minutes.

Anyway, it can be done, but any act involving moving data on mass isn't 100% safe.

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Posted:true true...
Will have a look at the this 'ere "Partition Magic" (which rings a bell now you mention it) then.
I have no idea why my second drive is FAT32 anyway, it just arrived that way and has never been an issue...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Posted:I have about 200gb free disk space at the moment, and another 160gb turning up in the next day or two - let me know if you need to borrow a drive (1 in firewire, the other is ide). for backing up.

Delete

Dom
Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3009
Posted:You can kinda convert FAT to NTFS without losing data. I did it a few months ago, I just can't recall how exactly. But Google knows. However my drive did self destruct a couple of months later so I'm not sure how safe the process is!

Also, whomever's doing the DVD or keeping the archive or whatever I gave Mech all my photos but I don't know if he had all my photos from the fire thing which I can send to anyone who wants them for Play purposes.

Delete

Yakumo
Yakumo

veteran
Total posts: 1237
Posted:fat32 to ntfs convesion under winXP is very fast (under20 min on most machines/drives I've had to do it on), and quite safe as long as the process is allowed to complete (no power cuts etc).

CONVERT c: /FS:NTFS

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Posted:mmmkay - and the above is 100% safe (barring power cuts and earthquakes etc)?

Only I've got my entire music collection on there (lovingly ripped from over 250 CD's plus downloads), all video downloads and lots of other stuff besides and I would cry like a baby if I lost it all

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Posted:my little CMD menu says it converts FAT to NTFS - does this include FAT32?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

Yakumo
Yakumo

veteran
Total posts: 1237
Posted:yeah any fat type to ntfs, ok, to be extra safe you should run a scandisk with autofix on the partition first, it's been a while so I've forgotten if convert does that automatically for you.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Posted:thank you kindly

Bugger, now I'll need another excuse for not getting it done wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

animatEd
animatEd

1 + 1 = 3
Total posts: 3540
Posted: Written by: Durbs

Bugger, now I'll need another excuse for not getting it done wink

You suck?

:slap:

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Total posts: 1286
Posted:WAAAAAAAAVE plod plod plod TSUNAMI!!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:#Hello, my name is Joe, I've got a wife and two kids and a work in a button factory, one day, my boss came up to me said 'Joe are you busy' and I said 'No'. And he said 'we're selling this factory to a velcro company making you redundant'. And so I said 'Oh...'#

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

*HyperLight
*HyperLight

old hand
Total posts: 1174
Posted:Lol!

Any word on when the DVD's will be ready?

*prod prod*

Cake or Death?

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:im sure i told you march ubbloco

hippy! ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:any news about this years PLAY???...............i did hear mentions that the dates would be changed.........if this is true i need to know the dates so i don't have conflicting interests cool

Delete

_Poiboy_
_Poiboy_

bastard child of satan
Total posts: 1113
Posted:so are the dates 25th (wedensday)-29th (sunday)? or does it still end on the 28th?

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Total posts: 3999
Posted:yeah it would be good to know the deff dates as i know a few people who need to book the time off work x

and the kids would like to start the count down to Play already!! not that they are excited or anything

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted: Written by: GothFrogette

and the kids would like to start the count down to Play already!! not that they are excited or anything

nooooooooooooooooooo froggy ubblol i think it's you that is excted about play and the kids are like "meh.......yeah what ever" ubblol

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Total posts: 3999
Posted:tongue well i have started buying camping stuff, the kids have nice warm water proofs.. just incase of cause and i need to buy some uber sleeping bags... i get cold biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:you could always give me a nice cuddle if you get cold froggy biggrin you give the bestest hugs ever hug

Delete

Bubbles_
Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3383
Posted:dates better be right cause ive booked it off wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Yes people Play festival is Wednesday 25th July - Sunday 29th biggrin

On the 30th - fly to Greece for EJC bounce

Going to be a sweeeeet couple of weeks ubbrollsmile

Delete

Seye
Seye

Geek
Total posts: 1261
Posted:Wahey! Play!

I'm going to attempt to be slightly more functional this year.

I Hope Mr Dunc will let me play some music seeing as I failed so abysmally to do so last year.

Delete

MikefromGlos
MikefromGlos

Hitman
Total posts: 985
Posted:if u need any hand music wise i am a music technician

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

Page: 1...5758596061