Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
ok smile

Too tall = Already taken into account. smile

The surface used wasn't too contact/popping friendly. Splinters in the toes aren't nice when you're gliding... Maybe a vinyl cover or something?

The placement of it. I dunno... Maybe I'm just being weird... To me, the stage in a big top should be the centre... I understand that that would have messed up people's view, but maybe have the area that was the stage this year as 'Back stage' and the actual stage in the centre of the top? Or maybe I'm just being pedantic on that one... shrug you decide smile

Scaffold poles sticking out (I mean higher than the stage) at the front. One slip and you could fall chest first onto a blunt Scaffold pole...

I understand that it wasn't able to be planned out properly and such due to you not seeing where the location was etc, but a bloody good job was done nonetheless. experience is the best way to make things better. smile The stage next year will kick ass!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
The stage next year will indeed kick ass wink

Technical hitches and a minor communication balls up caused pretty much all the porblems you mention regarding poles and stage surface. Anyway, you should CJ in nice shoes ya damn hippy tongue wink

As for the poles, I didn't realise from the pictures that so many poles were in the middle as they actually were, especailly being as Bassline Circus (who's tent it was) tour their circus around the world with that tent!! So it must suit the shows well somehow, I'll be talking to them for some more idea's for next year, if we have that tent again smile
Oh and if we do it'll probably be at the short fat end as apposed to the long skinny end smile

liamcircus_boymember
33 posts

Posted:
why not just use some steel decking stage. stupidly simple too stick up and performer freindly.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

. Anyway, you should CJ in nice shoes ya damn hippy tongue wink

tongue

Catching a ball on your foot is bloody hard in shoes... wink

Anyway, who you calling hippy!? The words pot, kettle and black come to mind... wink ubblol biggrin

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
thanks ed, i know ALL of the problems you mentioned, basicly from the specs i got to the actual build we had all the wrong equimpment to build it, so in short i had 20 mins to re-design with the stuff we had. wink

as for the placement, i know the supports got in the way and like you said the stage would have been better sited in the middle.............. it was a circus tent though, so the middle is where they mostly perform.

As for the stage surface............ apart from laying the ply board i was unsure of it's end usage, all i was told was live bands and some performers would be using it.

will take this all on board for next year and hopefully make everyone happy with it biggrin

please remember the stage is open to all when not in use to practice but if i see ANY horse play i will step in over it because i don't want any broken bones peace

7,193 posts

Posted:
i've been sourcing perfomance stagings online, i've got 12 months ubblol not sure on the costs but it WILL be a better stage!!!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Nah, mate, you did a WICKED job! The only people that could have done better are now living as soldiers of fortune... If you need help, and you can find them, they are the A-Team...

ubblol

Although, then we would have ended up with a 747 on our hands, more cars tipped over than you could imagine, and lot s of friendly fire...

Be Water My Friend.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
no....they're the PLAY Team wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
hug cheers ed, it wasn't my best or neatest work but when you have to come up with a sollution with what you have i think i just about pulled it off............although while dissmantling it i did notice a few loose fittings but as it had over a 10 ton shock load i doubt even your fat arse would have collapsed it wink ubblol

hug love ya really

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
dude you did an awesom job hug kiss

7,193 posts

Posted:
awwwwwwwwww fankooooooooooo dunchug

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

As for the poles, I didn't realise from the pictures that so many poles were in the middle as they actually were, especailly being as Bassline Circus (who's tent it was) tour their circus around the world with that tent!! So it must suit the shows well somehow,

Actually I went to a show of theirs in that tent and it was awful. They did aerials in the middle and other stuff on a couple of stages, one at the fat end and a small one on the 'skinny' side. There were no seats, and the stages were too low so apart from the aerials everyone wandered around trying to see something. Most people gave up and left.
( sorry to be such a downer but it's true!)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: minimaniac

I So So wanted to go again this year but i was in rome!

Do you ever actually do any soldiering? I'm starting to think you may have gone AWOL, judging by the amount of time you spend away from work...

Meh

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: K__

About the t shirts, no-one's had any trouble with them shrinking have they? Just wanted to check before throwing it in the washing machine and having it come out doll size...

i washed mine (inside out) on a 40 wash and its fine. i did wash it with the rest of the reds too... don't want to ruin it and its turned out fine

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
** T-SHIRTS**

biggrinWell you'll you'll be pleased to hear the T-shirts weren't made by anyone who tolerates child labour- (ravehead! wink). They were made by me. ubbloco

As ar as washing goes the lovely Miss Gothfrogette is 100% correct.

They should be washed on a cool wash 30/40, preferably inside out to protect the print print, and should NOT be tumbledried!!

If anyone on here is likely to want to iron their t-shirt confused the front of the t-shirt( front and back for CREW) needs to be ironed on the reverse of the print.

biggrin hug biggrin
EDITED_BY: maus (1151999448)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Cantus

Written by: minimaniac

I So So wanted to go again this year but i was in rome!

Do you ever actually do any soldiering? I'm starting to think you may have gone AWOL, judging by the amount of time you spend away from work...

He's not in the army anymore. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
*is proud of her washing knowledge* biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:

ubblolYou can always spot the mums!!

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Iron? What is iron? wink

Thanks for your helpful replies, I now feel suitably reassured about all tshirt-washing-related issues smile

rhi_bmember
51 posts

Posted:
ahh still confused all these people from hop who were at play and i still have no idea who's who! confused

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well I'm Skully. I was the woman wiggling and hooping at the top of the field near Hyperloop towers. Gayle is the lady that owns hyperloop towers and ran the dance your ass off workshop... other than that you don't need to know because they are all dirty Hippies wink

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
eekless of the hippy! wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
and more of the dirty! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol Ok well Maus was the very pretty lady that held up signs in the show for Juan and Ted and she isn't a dirty stinking Hippy.

Neon on the other hand is a very dirty stinking hippy with a very dirty mind! kiss

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Im not a dirty hippy eek smile

well i did these workshops

knitting
origami
acro
a bit of glass'musicality
two man poi
hoola hoop
the thing similar to tai chi
chocolate eating
i won a spinney poi game
i did double staff in the world record attempt............any news if we did it?????

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

and more of the dirty! biggrin

Our minds think far too much alike! ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
apparently im dirty - mechs always telling me i need a wash.......

as for hippy - define hippy.?

i was the stoned bloke at PLAY in a hat holding a phat video camera smile

(its a clever hat)

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

ubblol

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

ran the dance your ass off workshop...

Damn, should have called it that!

Written by: Skulduggery

other than that you don't need to know because they are all dirty Hippies wink

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Gayle.....!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

as for hippy - define hippy.?

i was the stoned bloke at PLAY in a hat holding a phat video camera smile

(its a clever hat)

Who should be kept as far away as possible from all motor vehicles. Strugz. Stoner hippies have managed to commandeer vans for over 4 decades mostly without incident...

What's your excuse?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: ......