• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...1213141516...61
Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a 3 discount. Please note that the price of 25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of 25 in advance and 30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise 600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

Sym
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest

Total posts: 1858
Posted:More people should learn from you, Mr Jon

wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

rhi_b

rhi_b

Total posts: 51
Posted:havent told my boss yet but should be ok as we dont have any weddings booked that weekend rolleyes

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Damn straight, mr Sym

wink

Delete

Matty_B
SILVER Member since Feb 2005

Matty_B

veteran

Total posts: 1314
Posted:I just made having two weeks off for hlidays inc. PLAY a requisit of starting my job . . . I start work on the 30th May and then have 15th to the 27th off smile

Delete

PyroWill
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

PyroWill

HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months

Total posts: 4437
Posted:whoa, i should prob book some time off biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Delete

Skulduggery

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted: Written by: misscorinthian

I know. He is such a girl. He may have just been having a moody (this happens often) so I will talk to him about it again later. I would just go without him but I really couldn't cope with that right now, so it's his decision.

As for suggestions- no idea. There are obviously legitemate reasons for not having showers on site. Personally I am happy as long as there is running water.

I think I need to remind this man how often he has been to Glastonbury/Reading festivals......

Thanks Sym.

Would it help if the Pirate Fairy Crew offered a wet flannel washing service?

Imagine a few tutu and wing clad Fairies with eye patches armed with wet sponges and flannels, washing over the slightly smelly/dirty Play festival goers as they stand in a paddling pool of cool water. Kind of like a valet car wash but for humans. 50p a wash over ubblol Any money raised to go towards the NSPCC/Amnesty International/Greenpeace or some such charity.

What could be better on a hot day than a cool rinse followed by sun drying? ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:i reckon thats a sweet idea skully ubblol

although you should get Ucof and Bovril on board again as they were great at cleaning people with mops at falmouth ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Skulduggery

Skulduggery

Posted:Good idea Strugz, and I'm sure they would both look fab in Tutus and wings! biggrin

Delete

Vixen
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3276
Posted: Written by: Dunc

those who can't live without a good portion of meat inside them.

wink xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

yoni
GOLD Member since Jun 2005

yoni

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3099
Posted:I'm not bothering with time off, i'm just gonna quit my job, there's no way they'd let me have all the time off for festivals i'm going to want and i'd rather quit than be fired.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:Vixen - rolleyes

ubblol ubblol ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog

Internet Hate Machine

Total posts: 10530
Posted: Written by: Sym

More people should learn from you, Mr Jon

wink

Ahha. But I've already done that this week already. And doing it again would mean expulsion. Which I can't afford to stuff. Mostly 'cos my 'rents would break my legs as many times as feaseably possible.

Yay!

frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

yoni
GOLD Member since Jun 2005

yoni

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3099
Posted:you'd probably be at the forefront of wheelchair contact staff, AND more importantly would get to go to play

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:Ticket and DVD ordered.

Letter written by Mummy to head of year explaining that we have a family holiday starting 22nd of June..and that I need my assessmant first thing thursday morning, is in progress.

Now all I need to do is find a train buddy.

smile

Delete

JtJ

JtJ

Check ya later

Total posts: 500
Posted: Written by: Skulduggery

Imagine a few tutu and wing clad Fairies with eye patches armed with wet sponges and flannels, washing over the slightly smelly/dirty Play festival goers as they stand in a paddling pool of cool water. Kind of like a valet car wash but for humans. 50p a wash over ubblol Any money raised to go towards the NSPCC/Amnesty International/Greenpeace or some such charity.

That's not such a bad idea. Why not set up something like that to raise money for the farm . . . ?

I'm getting excited now. In the process of kitting out my van for summer festies biggrin

Jake the Juggler

Delete

Sym

Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest

Posted:Any money people can give to the farm would be great wink smile

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted: Written by: JtJ

Written by: Skulduggery

That's not such a bad idea. Why not set up something like that to raise money for the farm . . . ?

As totally up for that as I would be we'd still have to find a way to dispose of the grey water, unless you all don't mind sharing one sheep dip?? wink

Delete

Skulduggery

Skulduggery

Posted:If we were to use only Biodegradeable soap and we poured the grey water down the sinks that you say will be there, is that not ok?

I know biodegradeable soap isn't a total solution , but I don't see us washing people over in a paddling pool being any different to people washing up dishes with normal washing up liquid or having a strip wash in the sinks you will provide.

I don't want to cause an argument about it though, so if you say no go, we won't do it.

Delete

Kieron
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Total posts: 232
Posted:"Now all I need to do is find a train buddy. "

Now who do you know thats going to Play and lives in the same place as you?

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Delete

Sym

Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest

Posted:Skully, It's more to do with the amount of water that comes from the showers. Even a low rate shower used up 2.5 gpm, so trying to get rid of over 6000 gallons of water a day is the hard bit.

The sinks will have a drain that goes in to a ditch. It's not going to be 100% organic, as (most) washing up liquid isn't, but it'll be a very small amount.

I don't see that your idea will be a problem - just keep an eye on how flooded the site gets wink

I think it's a great idea, and you should go for it smile I'll try to set somewhere aside for you smile

hug

Delete

pineapple pete
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

pineapple pete

water based

Total posts: 5125
Posted:theres always the option we had at common ground here... no showers

well, i enjoyed it at least rolleyes

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

Kieron
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Total posts: 232
Posted:It's not a festival if you don't get smellier day by day

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Delete

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:Right...

The time has come to pay for my Ticket... Which method would you guys prefer I use?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:Paypal seems rather pain-free Mr Ed smile

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:or a cheque means we don't have to pay dirty paypal admin fees wink

Delete

animatEd

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Posted:A cheque it shall be! smile

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:Ah and the 45p you're saving will be spent where exactly? That's the trouble with you big multi-national corperations. Always thinking of the profit and forgetting about the little guy (poor little guy)

And what about poor Ed? Them cheques cost him 12p each you know....

Does he look like he can afford to go throwing 12 pence coins around?

Actually yes he does... you're right. Screw him...
wink

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

animatEd

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Posted:*throws a 12 pence coin at Catnuts*

Be Water My Friend.

Delete

PyroWill

PyroWill

HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months

Total posts: 4437
Posted:Wonders what a 12 pence coin looks like

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:It looks like this:

12p coin

A shilling was worth 12 pence before decimalisation in 1971 smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.