• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...1112131415...61
Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a 3 discount. Please note that the price of 25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of 25 in advance and 30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise 600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted: Written by: maus

Dunno what you're talking about mate....

ubbangel

You sure?

tongue

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted: Written by: Poiboy

hey, i got a few questions:
1. which subway/train stations are close to PLAY (if im coming from manchester airport railway station)?
2. do we have food there and how much does it cost?

that's it (probably)

Hi

You'll find details for public transport travelling on the Venue Page on the play website.

If you get the right train you should be able to go direct from Manchester to Wellington train station where the play bus will pick you up smile

Delete

yoni
GOLD Member since Jun 2005

yoni

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3099
Posted:Oh poop! It seems my lift has fallen through.
So if anyone has a lift from anywhere in devon or even near it would be a HUGE help.

Thanks.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:post it on the play wiki yoni, I'm sure that'll help get you a lift smile

Delete

yoni
GOLD Member since Jun 2005

yoni

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3099
Posted:ok thanks dunc

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Delete

_Poiboy_
GOLD Member since Jan 2004

_Poiboy_

bastard child of satan

Total posts: 1113
Posted:thanks dunc, what about the food?

oh and by the way i think i know dror tamir, he was in IJC last year (you should all come there it's great) and he did a hat routine and fire contact juggling ( wow ) on the fire night

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:Hi Poiboy, funny you should mention Dror because he was our compare last year with his hat routine, and him and Paddy (JuanTed) will be our compares this year too smile

Delete

misscorinthian
SILVER Member since Sep 2005

misscorinthian

old hand

Total posts: 784
Posted:Dunc, please could you give a few more details about what facilities are going to be onsite?

Unfortunately P has spat the dummy over the fact that there will not be showers- I need to placate him with info on washing facilities or it looks like we won't be coming frown

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Delete

Matty_B
SILVER Member since Feb 2005

Matty_B

veteran

Total posts: 1314
Posted:There is more info on the PLAY website www.PLAYfestival.co.uk

I think there are showers near the site , but I will let one of the PLAY officials confirm that . . .

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted: Written by: misscorinthian

Unfortunately P has spat the dummy over the fact that there will not be showers- I need to placate him with info on washing facilities or it looks like we won't be coming frown

*Sigh*

So much for the festival spirit eh...?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Sym
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest

Total posts: 1858
Posted:The Play bus will be going about 2 miles down the road to the local swimming pool every day, taking people to showers and we will have hand washing facilities as well as a sink or two for washing dishes etc.

Is that enough? Do you have any other ideas about what we could do? Due to the lack of drains on site we can't have showers at all, because we can't get rid of the grey water in a safe way (it's an organic farm, as we don't want to dump a load of shampoo and shower gel on it!)

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

misscorinthian
SILVER Member since Sep 2005

misscorinthian

old hand

Total posts: 784
Posted: Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Written by: misscorinthian

*Sigh*

So much for the festival spirit eh...?

I know. He is such a girl. He may have just been having a moody (this happens often) so I will talk to him about it again later. I would just go without him but I really couldn't cope with that right now, so it's his decision.

As for suggestions- no idea. There are obviously legitemate reasons for not having showers on site. Personally I am happy as long as there is running water.

I think I need to remind this man how often he has been to Glastonbury/Reading festivals......

Thanks Sym.

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:The PLAYbus is sooooo going to rock biggrin

**hums playbus tune to himself**

......... ill get my coat...

biggrin ubblol biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:Wasn't it called 'Playdays'? Strugz?

I'll probably just walk down the road.... Get some exercise going after playing with my balls all day....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:yeh if your a youngster

there are some serious classics amoungst that lot!

ubblol

smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Matty_B

Matty_B

veteran

Posted:its the why bird stop . . . .

Delete

Vixen
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3276
Posted:hold on..... no showers.... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

Matty_B

Matty_B

veteran

Posted: Written by: Sym

The Play bus will be going about 2 miles down the road to the local swimming pool every day, taking people to showers

Does that help Vix . . .

EDITED_BY: Matty_B (1148574710)

Delete

_Poiboy_
GOLD Member since Jan 2004

_Poiboy_

bastard child of satan

Total posts: 1113
Posted:what about the food? seriously i'll starve there if you dont tell me

Delete

Sym
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest

Total posts: 1858
Posted:There is an active thread in the help section at the moment saying that we are looking for someone.

We did have someone, but they pulled out a few weeks ago, leaving us with a big problem frown

We will have something for you guys though! Watch the play site for more info...

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

VampyricAcid
SILVER Member since Jun 2005

VampyricAcid

veteran

Total posts: 1286
Posted:Miss C offer him Golden Showers

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

Matty_B

Matty_B

veteran

Posted:tone officially lowered . . .

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:And I didn't have a thing to do with it .... (for once) ubbangel

Delete

fireflyz

fireflyz

Total posts: 73
Posted:Hello you bunch of strangers!!!!

tickets bought , bag packed ready for the off......

just thought i might add .....seeing as we live so close, we should be bringing a small generator with us for communial useage, so i shall be running kettle boiling and phone charging workshops, not to mention the workshop of alcoholic refrigeration.......... ubbloco biggrin

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted:Yes yes, play bus to the showers at the local swimming baths one mile (via road but there's a direct path through the countryside that's shorter) down the road. But it's the same bus that picks people up from the train station so won't really be doing many trips to the showers until Saturday.

On site will be running water at the water point.
Sinks, plate washing facilites, maybe a basic cubicle if you wanna get yer skin out in the fresh air.

The food is half sorted. We've been seriously left in the lurch with Moonbeams pulling out but they were only (hear how I say only ubblol ) doiung the vegan stuff. We're still going to be running our own burger/bacon/sausage sarnie stand that will open for business twice a day to feed those who can't live without a good portion of meat inside them.
There is a farm shop on site that will be selling veggies and uncooked local organic meats and bread and milk and stuff so you can always cook your own so long as you don't scorch the earth with cooking equipment.
We have a tea van sorted thanks to the wonderful people at the Pixie Pictures Project. There are quite a few leads now for the main Veggie/Vegan food sellers to replace Moonbeams, it's not finding one that's a problem it's finding one who isn't booked at such short notice frown But I have no doubt we'll be fine and dandy, we're on the case biggrin

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:"JuanTed"

bounce2 biggrin

Delete

Sixth
SILVER Member since Oct 2005

Sixth

Devil May Cry

Total posts: 327
Posted:i can't go...ubbcryingubbcryingubbcryingubbcrying

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog

Internet Hate Machine

Total posts: 10530
Posted: Written by: Sixth

i can't go...ubbcryingubbcryingubbcryingubbcrying

Same. It be crap.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Dunc

Dunc

playing the days away

Posted: Written by: UnConvincinglyOvertlyFunny

"JuanTed"

bounce2 biggrin

JuanTed and a whole lots more. We only saw a snippet of the whole thing at Firetoys biggrin

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:as long as there is a naked chick, I dont care wink

Um.. seriousness needed,
I just put in the form for time off (requested 22-25 inclusive) and unfortuantly, have found off that one of my colleagues has just put in an application for those same days, and that another colleague has requested that time off already.

So basicaly, i need to wait and find out what my company says about the time I need.
I will ask if I can take unpaid leave if they cant authourize the paid leave, and if they cant do that, then i will be sick and will stuff the consequences.

shrug

Delete

Page: 1...1112131415...61