Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Dammit. If only I lived nearer you...

I'd happily sit with you in a car for hours on end...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Got me ticket Wooooo bounce bounce2 bounce

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Awww Ed... *big hug* U bringing the apple? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking about going to Play from Oxford for mid fri, sat, sun, I don't think i'll be able to get more time off as i'm off for two weeks the month after smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
You want apple, huh?

I'll have to speak to people... biggrin

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

I'm thinking about going to Play from Oxford for mid fri, sat, sun, I don't think i'll be able to get more time off as i'm off for two weeks the month after smile

Don't think.....Do! wink

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
If I get a bus or a train to the nearest big town/city, is there nay kind of shuttle bus or lifts going from there?

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Get a train to Wellington Shropshire and there is a PLAY bus charging 2 pounds to take you to the camp site which is around 17 miles away smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Is there going to be a telly on for the football?

bounce

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
ooh, thanks for that info Aimee
smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
If you want more info, have a look at https://www.playfestival.co.uk/
smile

The venue page has all you need to know about the site and how to get there.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lousy_Trucking_Car

I'll have to speak to people... biggrin

No really, you don't...
hug

Meh

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnConvincinglyOvertlyFunny

bounce

I bloody hope not wink

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ditto wink

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
ditto biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Oh, alright then, I'll stop trying to find a 50ft plasma screen to mount on the marquee!

wink

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
We should have our own game of football smile

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Thanks Sym....its appreciated! wink ubblol

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hacky sack? wink

Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Hey Vix glad to hear your coming! If you can get to hull I'd drive you, but I think it'd be a bit pointless wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
"PLAY: A place to play to your heart's content - unless you want to play football, in which case you can **** off!"

wink

to be fair though, football doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the festival does it?

1 ball between 22 manipulators would make for just about the worst juggling show ever.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Sym when I try to access the Wiki on the website so I can offer my car for the lift share it says Im not authorised to access the page, and I have checked I am logged in

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

1 ball between 22 manipulators would make for just about the worst juggling show ever.

cole. x

ubblol

right im def coming, anyone got a spare seatage from the northern area? if not ill be training it, anybody else?

think im gonna try and learn more hat manipulation this time biggrin i currently cant get on the play site, is there any hat workshops?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ok people:

just out of interest.........

if i was to offer you a free play ticket for 2hrs a day working - who would be interested?

Doing what i hear you ask.

Well - id give you a video camera and a tripod and tell you what to go and film, i need people with a good eye and general knowledge of camera use.......

We are looking for around 5-10 people.

Basically the people i was going to use have just told me thay cant make it - leaving me right up shite street, after all i cant be everywhere at once frown

Please pm me if you can help, if you have already brought a ticket and can help............ we can come to some sort of arangment wink

ubbangel

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Right!
Due to me getting completly trashed at falmouth and sitting in practically the same spot for 4 days, anybody who catches me being anything more than a little bit stoned please slap me around the face and tell me to get up and do something smile

Also, if my skin seems even a little bit pink please tell me to get out of the sun, or lather me up in suntan lotion biggrin I still have the lines from last years PLAY sunburn ubblol

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

Sym when I try to access the Wiki on the website so I can offer my car for the lift share it says Im not authorised to access the page, and I have checked I am logged in

I thought Id better do that for the safety of everyone else wink

(try again now, and let me know over PM...)
hug

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I dont mind doing some helping Stugz - altho i'll be taking my camera with me for pics. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

Ok people:

just out of interest.........

if i was to offer you a free play ticket for 2hrs a day working - who would be interested?

Doing what i hear you ask.

Well - id give you a video camera and a tripod and tell you what to go and film, i need people with a good eye and general knowledge of camera use.......

We are looking for around 5-10 people.

Basically the people i was going to use have just told me thay cant make it - leaving me right up shite street, after all i cant be everywhere at once frown

Please pm me if you can help, if you have already brought a ticket and can help............ we can come to some sort of arangment wink

ubbangel

i've already got my ticket, but would be more than happy to film things, cos video cameras are fun, as long as you have the kit, because i don't... unless i can borrow it... but i managed to get stuff off them newfangled gadgets in the past without breaking them, so i reckon i can be of help not hinderance wink

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
ditto

I can help, but don't have my own equipment to use. PM already sent wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnConvincinglyOvertlyFunny

bounce

Hopefulyy I'll have the van kitted out with the new projector I've Aquired from work! biggrin So maybe some football projected on the side of a tent!!

Depends if I have anywhere to plug in! biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Page: ......