PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hi Malcolm,I agree that it would be easier to refer to them by names instead of numbers but beyond corkscrew and such....you got me swinging! winkIf there are no replies...I say make them up...any is better than none!!!! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

sammiemember
56 posts

Posted:
Wicked videos for the staff (many congrats to you both!) grin.....as for the moves.....*8 something to do with basketball when they spin it on one finger (is there a technical name for this?)*16 scarf's*20 upchuck*25 jedinite/warriorPs.....aren't moves 10 and 11 the same but just filmed from different angles (or am i being thick again? smile) smile

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
this may sound trite, but how about (and i haven't seen all the vids yet) using plain ol body language? i spin flat circles above my head, palm-spins, forward/backward spins (figure-eight-like things from side to side without changing hands) normal throws, front throws, flat throws, around-the-body (10/11)thru-the-crotch, behind-passes, shoulder/wrist/hand/neck/leg rolls, snaps (when you suddenly stop the pole against a body part and change direction), behind-circles, behind-head circles etc...malcolm, can i post pictures? if so, how? then i will send clarification if required, but these are pretty simple ways of developing names dontcha think?umm, actually i suppose it is a bit trite.rather call them interesting stuff like jedi-knight smile if people overhear performers speaking "twirlese" jargon they'll be impressed. like "Yeah, dead simple. just follow the reverse jedi-knight with the inverse ewok and break into the dropship before rolling out..." heehee. wonder what kinda smiley this 8^p produces.cheerso-o