• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1017
Posted:Are there any names known out there for some of the Staff twirling moves I have so far.It would be good to have some names rather than move number 7 etc..What are peoples thoughts on this. [image]http://www.juggling.co.nz/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">Q-[/image]A-"What oneself does is normal. What others do is abnormal."
Non-Https Image Link

May your balls always burn

Delete Topic

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:Hi Malcolm,I agree that it would be easier to refer to them by names instead of numbers but beyond corkscrew and such....you got me swinging!
Non-Https Image Link
If there are no replies...I say make them up...any is better than none!!!!
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

sammie

Total posts: 56
Posted:Wicked videos for the staff (many congrats to you both!)
Non-Https Image Link
.....as for the moves.....*8 something to do with basketball when they spin it on one finger (is there a technical name for this?)*16 scarf's*20 upchuck*25 jedinite/warriorPs.....aren't moves 10 and 11 the same but just filmed from different angles (or am i being thick again?
Non-Https Image Link
)
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1017
Posted:Yes moves 10 and 11 are same but different camera angle. Thanks for the replies
Non-Https Image Link

May your balls always burn

Delete

o-o

Total posts: 78
Posted:this may sound trite, but how about (and i haven't seen all the vids yet) using plain ol body language? i spin flat circles above my head, palm-spins, forward/backward spins (figure-eight-like things from side to side without changing hands) normal throws, front throws, flat throws, around-the-body (10/11)thru-the-crotch, behind-passes, shoulder/wrist/hand/neck/leg rolls, snaps (when you suddenly stop the pole against a body part and change direction), behind-circles, behind-head circles etc...malcolm, can i post pictures? if so, how? then i will send clarification if required, but these are pretty simple ways of developing names dontcha think?umm, actually i suppose it is a bit trite.rather call them interesting stuff like jedi-knight
Non-Https Image Link
if people overhear performers speaking "twirlese" jargon they'll be impressed. like "Yeah, dead simple. just follow the reverse jedi-knight with the inverse ewok and break into the dropship before rolling out..." heehee. wonder what kinda smiley this 8^p produces.cheerso-o

Delete