Page: 1...3334353637...61
Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a 3 discount. Please note that the price of 25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of 25 in advance and 30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise 600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

Seye
Seye

Geek
Total posts: 1261
Posted:My brain hurts frown

Sorry to anyone who I drunkenly giggled at in the early hours of the morning (Meg - I have a vague idea that this comment should be aimed in your direction).

I've learned many silly things and pretty much nothing constructive.

The whole weekend is a bit hazy but from what I can piece together...

Will - Congratulations on realising who I was on monday morning wink
Chris (dub) - Hope you're feeling better dude.
Strugz - Next year I guess you'll be leaving the driving to someone else wink
Cole - Hearing you telling the people in your workshop about Hugo's inverted stall trick made me laugh. I still cant do it! That boy is not normal.
Ravehead - good to meet you man. I'll be seeing you in a forest some time soon no doubt biggrin
CrazyHippyChic (I think) - I'll let you guys know when I'm in Stoke and sort stuff for a big manchester bbq smile

A general big thank you to everyone that camped with us.
Same to everyone who didnt.

Delete

misscorinthian
misscorinthian

old hand
Total posts: 784
Posted:frown It's over. I miss it. I want another one NOW!

Umm..btw Izzy seemed to pick up some grim tummy bug Sunday night and spent most of Monday vomming everywhere. Sincere apologies to anyone she may have passed it on to...sorry.

Thankyou to everyone for being so lovely.. I feel so lonely...who's going to give me random hugs/flapjack/belly isolations now??

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Misscorinthian... It was lovely to isolate your baby bump!

If only you were limber enough to do an actual routine with Ed... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Total posts: 3999
Posted:Morgan (my youngest) also has said tummy bug frown on the plus side of this we have just chilled and watched the play dvd about 4 times biggrin although i was uber shocked to see that i am actually caught on cam for the work shop with Strugz eek not bad i guess 19 months of spinning several festies and meets of dodging cams and some bugger got me redface ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:Yes Froggy...

This will be on par with the bigfoot footage...
Except with more black...

Go Gothfroggette (couldn't believe your name has nothing to do with 'suffragettes'!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:ubblol random names are always best... then you can put meaning onto them at a later date... its worked so far ubblol
and extra hugs for having great taste in trainers ubblol

Delete

simta
simta

compfuzzled
Total posts: 1182
Posted:i got a hug jus cos i said comfuzzled ---- thanks gothfrogette wave

one of the funniest moments has to be before the fest started properly and strugz contacting with a 13 foot scaffold pole

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Delete

jemima (jem)
jemima (jem)

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1750
Posted:Thankyou dunc your amazing smile

Play felt like home smile

It was brill to meet lots of manchester meeters (northerners rolleyes ubblol)see you all in manc soon i hope

ro:thanks for the milk passing, and have you got yourself a big pot of posh orange blossom honey
bubbles:what was the name of the yoga like workshop we did?

alice: "polishing gall stones" ubblol

kit:"stoppit", let me know when its a good time to come up there ill see what i can do biggrin

skully: i can almost hoop thanks to you, that pink hoop i was using was veeeery nice

does anyone els have a lovery collecting of bruises, scrapes and clonks

spanner and jo and pink and all the other knitting crew hug

mmm choclate

i could go on................

love you all ubblove

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Delete

Puresock
Puresock

addict
Total posts: 406
Posted:Some of my photos of the weekend are up here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shrieking/sets/72157594179129516/
br>
The DVD of 2005 is awesome and it made me grin like a crazy man biggrin

"Take that, math!"

Delete

Asena
Asena

What a Bummer
Total posts: 3224
Posted:Ooooooooooooooo, photos biggrin

Delete

jemima (jem)
jemima (jem)

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1750
Posted:Indeed, I love photos ubblove

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:Hmmm, for some reason I was inexplicably drawn to the ones of Chaz and G... biggrin

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Total posts: 434
Posted:Yay more piccies please, post links biggrin biggrin

Motley

Delete

Gayle......!
Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2444
Posted:I'm awake! after about 14 hours sleep biggrin

I have one huge huge thank you to SKULLY! you rock! Thank you for making the Hyperloop stall a sucess and for spreading the wiggle. I couldn't have done it without you. Eggy bread biggrin

For Sym hug Thank you for all your hard work in making sure everyone was happy. You have worked so so hard and i hope you now get to sleep. Lots.

Meg - you wiggle like a star. Seeing you wiggle in my workshop gave me so many smiles! (can i have a wiggle graemlin please?) biggrin

Chocolate Tree people - thank you for allowing me to steal your sound system and for screening the workshop on your projector. You guys were wicked! hug

Drew - i'm so sorry for derailing you so many times, but I really enjoyed dancing like a twat in your workshop hug

Carpe Ignem Crew plus Cole - you guys kick ass! Cole, thank you for dancing with me in Drew's workshop and i'm looking forward to meeting up and playing with some ideas. Bams - you're warm! wink

Jon, Ro, Bov - as always. Wicked to hang out with you guys. Love you hug

Oli and Si - Thank you for the wiggle. wink

Finally to Laura. hug Wiggle Queen! Thank you for the shout out.

I'm going to skin up now! biggrin

Gayle.....!

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:Gayle - If at any point that PLAY was gonna get too technical and stop being fun and irreverent (like that's ever gonna happen!) I feel I could always depend on you to drag it back...

Yay for cheese and wiggles. With extra chocolate!

Plus your cone poi were sweet... hug

Delete

Weirdo

Total posts: 5
Posted:Yay play was excellent, most fun i've had in a long time plus all the people i met were awesome... oh yes and it was really fun doing californai fu

Delete

K__
K__

...join us...
Total posts: 184
Posted:Wow Play was amazing! Even though I was only there for Sunday night and Monday, it was completely worth all the travelling etc smile

Massive thanks to Dunc and everyone who organised and ran it all - awesome job!

Everyone was fantastically friendly, and specially thanks to Tom, Steve, Zach, Chris and Emily for teaching me some great new 3 ball tricks biggrin

And Yakumo, thanks for getting me along in the first place, getting me back at the end and everything in between hug

Bring on Play 07!

Delete

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
Total posts: 8428
Posted:I would list a whole bunch of thank you's but I feel that may take too long and I'd maybe leave someone important out and that would never do.

I do want to however want to say a few words about the crew that worked so hard before, through and after the festival.

Thank you Dunc for coming up with the idea of Play and for setting it up. hug

To Sym I want to say thank you for all your hard work and for all your diplomacy that smoothed over a few raw nerves. You made the best of things even when plans went a little bit off the rails, so much so that I don't think most of the people attending even noticed. That's a sure sign you were doing a lot of things right. hug

To Rossco I want to say, way to go with listing, timing and sorting out all the workshops. Not an easy task I'm sure. Thank you hug

Matty B I don't think I once saw you sitting still the whole weekend. You worked like a carthorse from start to finish. It didn't go unnoticed. Thank you. hug

To all those people that donned a yellow crew t-shirt (too many to mention by name) and helped out, Thank you! You cleaned toilets, cooked food, collected rubbish, lifted, carried, built, dismantled, piped in water..... etc. All of which I thank you all for doing. Without you people there would be no Play. grouphug

Gayle and Neal, huge thanks for setting up the stall, running it and making being around it feel so chilled and so much fun. hug hug

Jon you know all I need to say to you ubblove hug Sorry you missed the football kiss

Mech... No perving on my Nieces ubblol Sorry hun, I just couldn't resist. kiss It was so great to finally meet Soph. She really is as gorgeous as you have always told me she is.

My last thank you is to all the people that I had fun with this weekend. To all you people that came to hoop with us and play games Thank you! I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Keep spreading the love of the wiggle!!! hug

Roll on next years Play!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Spike18
Spike18

journeyman
Total posts: 69
Posted: Written by: funkydred

Well what can you say....STUNNING !!

Everything was perfect and fluffy..(spike)

Staff workshops excellent ...

hehe thats what u get when a spike grows his hair then lives in a field for a weekend, a fluffy spike.

fluffy spikey one

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

Delete

Glåss
Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation
Total posts: 2523
Posted:way, dude, totaly awsum biggrin

Californi-fu

MCP: great stick routine

Gayle: great wiggling, and dancing in workshop. loved the isloation fondling wiggle action
and thanks for making me smile during the renegade, I'm not sure what was going on, but it gave me a cheaky smile cool

JAM!

Gabe: great to finally meet you

EVERYBODY: thankyou for such a lovely holiday, such lovely people everywhere.

Mech: Thanks for making me laugh so much, and great pegging.

Mags: you're a legend wink

If anyone has video footage of hangar fun live, we'd love to have it at the ministry. please pm me
http://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/Video-HangarFun.html
<--Hangar fun, video edition, if you haven't seen it already, this should help make some sense of saturday night MoM show.

Dunc and all the team: Thank you

Sorry for being so smelly on the last day wink along with everyone else
You got pegged

Rightous biggrin

Smiles
Drew

Delete

aka rita queen of cheese
aka rita queen of cheese

Total posts: 80
Posted:twas a fantastic time had, can't get over how nice everyone was. twas my first spinning festival and i can quite truly say you load now how to camp. there was no showers eek i was well smelly at the end, was glas to get home and have a bath, but noe i have done that i want to go back to the feild of hoppers

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:just got back with Matty B. Very tired. Can hardly type... meh!!
Well done Sym, Rossco and that tall old man with the grey hair wink
well done everyone, we did it!
My highlights of play?

Having hot chocolate, tea and chocolate bars with Oli, and smoking lots one night smile

sitting with the girls and giggling over Roman, the topless French staffer

Drew's dancy movementy workshop where i manipulated and danced with my blueberry turnover.

Thanks again Sym and everyone!!

*peg*

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

StarlyStar
journeyman
Total posts: 78
Posted:Had a fantastic time smile My 6 year old daughter didn't want to leave and my 3 month old enjoyed her first camping experience smile

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:All these babies on site... Did anyone else have the compulsion to borrow one and start doing contact isolations with them?

Or was it just me? I'm getting broody ubblove

Delete

NOn
activist for HoPper liberation.
Total posts: 1643
Posted:wooooo! *still tired, so this is a bit half arsed*

Play rocked... DUDE!!

'k. sleep now. smile

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Delete

si_sheff

Total posts: 128
Posted:
what an amazing few days!! :-) had the most awesome time down at play and im definately coming back next year..! thanks to all who taught and generally inspired me over the days of workshops and shows, and lots of uberly-fluffy hugs to all those i met and bounced around with, especially the cool peeps i met for the first time :-) i ache so much now from excess cartwheeling and flipping with staffs but i have so much new stuff to be practising so it's all peachy ;-p

one thing would make my overall rating of the fest go from 99.9% enjoyment to 100% and that would be if anyone has got home and realised they have an extra staff or one they picked up by mistake.. its an extra heavy contact staff, metal finish with pinky/purple stripes going diagonally up the length of the staff and only twice-burned wicks so in pretty good condition.

it was put down for a minute before the start of the world record attempt and cunningly vanished so guessing someone borrowed it and forgot about it. if anyone has it please can you pm me on here or on the play site and let me know, for that thing i'd travel to china so dont mind coming and collecting it and seeing a new part of the uk :-) reward is set at a pack of chocolate muffins, a pint and a hug..

that aside, play was amazing and i'm already looking forward to next year!

peace n pineapples

si

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:oh also, massive thanks to Al (ravehead) for doing all the scaffolding, also to Eddie, Simta and Matty B for that, well done guys.

my favourite job deffo had to be painting with George and Spanner on Wednesday and Thursday, that was such fun! biggrin

are anyone else's hands all chapped and withered?!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:*wishes she had found a staff in her things* ubblol

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted: Written by: jo_rhymes

are anyone else's hands all chapped and withered?!

Yes and my leg hair seems to of grown uber fast!!!

they were not boots on sunday eek ubblol

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Page: 1...3334353637...61