Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Is it wrong that all I can think about this photo, is that someone's head is in negative space?

ubblol

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Yes Ed....it is wrong! ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol

LMSP's pics are all in photo bucket... has she not posted them yet? PM her or I'll try and remember for when I get home.... I think they are in her intro.. I saw them all last night...

(too many with me in I reckon) biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Oh Jen... theres loads of pics of me and Lee, wow! Thank You ubblove

There are some of Marie's Play pictures in Baby Lees gallery

ubbrollsmile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'm somewhat alarmed thast the only pic of me has me swigging directly from a bottle of Jim Beam.

That'd be the evening of the blues-a-thon then

*hic*

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
thanks for all the pictures people - i will be saving them all to my harddrive for inclusion in the dvd smile

smile

in about 6 days as im now off to the EJC as my plane leaves in 3hrs! bounce

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Make sure you put the pics in the right folder Strugz. Otherwise we'll be subjected/treated to some non-BBFC-friendly unmentionables....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
if rory/smellymoo hasn't already posted them there's more pics from play in a gallery one www.oppresswomen.com , just go to pictures then click the play gallery

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

MarnieGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
please help me, does anyone know where the world record links and so forth are to be found?! peace

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Thanks Jen! This does nothing to dispell the myth that I'm obsessed with other people's balls....

Non-Https Image Link

Photographic evidence of Dave and Pige playing with my ball eek biggrin

Written by: yoni

if rory/smellymoo hasn't already posted them there's more pics from play in a gallery one www.oppresswomen.com , just go to pictures then click the play gallery

And Max/Rory, please can I have permission to re-post the very last picture in my HoP gallery and use it on messenger? (the pic is of me with UV paint on, courtesy of Dave)

Non-Https Image Link

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr_Chutney

I'm somewhat alarmed thast the only pic of me has me swigging directly from a bottle of Jim Beam.

That'd be the evening of the blues-a-thon then

*hic*

ubblol i think i incriminated you, maus and mags on the drinking side

me likes the blu and lee ones, but maybe i should start getting more varied pics , just seems a bit wierd though wondering around taking pics of people, like im a stalker or something redface

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
did anyone manged to get me in a pic so far i have manged to avoid all the pictures even in backgrounds i am begining to think u dont like club jugglers. lol

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
cool pics Yoni hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
thankyee jo, though they're not really mine, they're rory and jessi's.
and steaks I'm sure it's fine if you use it.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Thanks, I just like to ask before I take/use an image that isn't mine smile hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I got up at 7 today, inwaiting for the arrival of the post, containing the PLAY dvd...but no...bills bills bills! *sob*

Hopefully it'll come tomorrow and I'll have something nice to look forward to after I've finished work smile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I never bought a PLAY DVD... frown

And I failed to watch it at PLAY as well...:(

I suck... frown

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I know how you feel Aimee.

I even went through contact us, on the PLAY site and got a message saying someone will be in contact with you soon... I'm still waiting :cry:

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

I suck... frown

same... frown
oh and by the way i talked to my old juggling teacher's wife, and i'll start doing juggling workshops with them soon

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
erm....DVD's are all in the post! They went out aaages ago, well, days and days ago anyway. They're wrapped in brown paper and DVD shaped....has ANYONE received theirs yet?

*gets increasingly suspicious of postmen* frown

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

I suck... frown

You can still buy them in the play shop wink

rhi_bmember
51 posts

Posted:
i didnt get mine in the post today either frown
maybe tomorrow though! biggrin glad i dont have to go to work tomorrow as i can sit and wait for the post man and question him if it doesnt turn up! ubbangel
(well if i wake up early enough!) redface

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Still no DVD shrug

So I'm borrowing Kierons today biggrin
I'm itching to see the bits that I missed in the cinema tent!

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
havent got mine frown

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I cant't log in to the play site either confused

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i've just remembered i think i've got someones fire poi from fri night. they're 5 inch tubular wicks. pm me to tell me where the lost property page is or if they're yours. sorry for being slack in letting you know... redface

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm getting in touch with the post office tomorrow. We've had trouble with this post box before (last thing that dissapeared from there was our mortgage renewall application!!) so I'll see what they have to say for themselves and let you all know.

Sorry guys!! frown

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Strugz you are in big big trouble boy!
You promised!

What do I see in the workshop section? Me flat on my back with my legs up in the air big bum on display!! No no bad!
Naughty strugz! spank

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, I wonder if all the bad luck with these DVD's will mean that next time everything goes flawlessly?...we can hope anyway. You seem to have had more then the usual share of it this time afterall. Hope everything gets sorted Dunc.

Now I have a strange feeling that "big big trouble" refers to trouble of such epic proporitions that moving to Australia to become a recluse named Betty is the preferable option when the alternative is facing Aimee's wrath.

Or I may just be encouraging the fear wink

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Page: ......