Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
devil wink

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I'd be up for doing more dancing themed things next year, some cheesey, some not.

It seemed to have gone down really well, and i must thank the pussycat dolls for the tit-hand movement, as i stole it from them ubblol

Gayle.....!

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Oo, more dance workshops please! Soooooooooo much funness! Don't know about "queen of the stoner tent" but u are definitely the "queen of funky wiggling to cheesy music!" clap ubblove

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ditto

along with queen of hyperloop poi! hug

Big up Gayle....... biggrin

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
redface stop it! No, actually don't. It's fun!

Gayle.....!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
me and Ed were planning to do a good act for the renegade next year. I've learnt to play Michael Jackson's Thriller on acoustic guitar, and Ed's going to body pop to it, doing the Thriller routine. it's gonna be badass biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Can someone help, i cant find the link to the site with glass and co performing the same show they did at play. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
[Old link] under hangar fun, but the link is down

I know it isn't much help

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Vix

Their website is HERE and the page it's actually on is HERE

Hope that helps smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Direct link for the lazy or easily confused

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
eek that is one seriously amazing video clap

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Its better live though wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
i only saw parts of them doing it live, and practicing lots biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I've got the whole Play live version thing in 320x240 , it's a 220mb MOV tho from an panasonic fz-20 camera. need to work out what to do with it, and check it's ok to put up somewhere too smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

7,193 posts

Posted:
you could send it to them and see if they like it and maybe they could put it up seeing as they have copyright (i think.....just wouldn't want to see you getting in trouble with babylon over a video ) wink ubblol

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

She's a maneater, make you work hard

Make you spend hard

Make you want all, of her love

!!!

She's a firespinner, make you burn hard,

Make you spin hard,

Make you want all the paraffin.

Sorry, can't resist. redface

Anyway, I think the food was pretty good. I did a nice vegetarian diet over the 4 days but I am not an expert with veggie meals (hardly eat them) so I presumed it was all good. biggrin

A nice little chill out area with some nice ambient would be cool. I was relunctant to go into the Chocolate Tree to sit down and not actually buy something. The trouble with me and chocolate is that I have no self control once I start. redface I think Steaks already mentioned some outdoor lightings around the field which would be cool.

I love psytrance and rock so the music was OK to me. Some Breakbeats would have been nice to spin to tho. The schedule for the evening shows was just stunning. I love how it was paced out to a marvellous build up.

Everything was just beyond my expectations. I think the only thing missing is the huge crowd around the campfire as seen in Falmouth. Think its location had something to do with that.

I've only started spinning last Sept so I've missed on on Play 2005 but I think it would be safe to say that the organisers have outdone themselves. I even heard that the crew even spent all day picking thristles so we fire playing rascals wouldn't get stung, that is much appreciated.

And to think, I was actually considering sitting this one out! eek
EDITED_BY: Alien_Concept (1152423929)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I've been officially asked not to post performance footage, you'll have to wait for the new play DVD, that''ll be much higher quality anyway so look forward to it smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

7,193 posts

Posted:
i did put a breaks set on on the monday night once the stage was down and i could relax biggrin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Mollydog keeps trying to eat my new red and blue furry play poi! I think she thinks they are giant caterpillas!! Bad Mollydog!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
when is the play 2006 dvd coming out.... I think the fest was perfect I came up with two other people and had a great time we still cant stop talkihng bout it.... I think we should all go live in play field and have lots of fun....

Any chance of some more toy stalls at the beggining of the fest next year so we can buy new toys and play with them all the way though

mike

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hi Mike, glad you enjoyed yourself so much

There should have been more equipment available but tePooka toys were left with a far far smaller car than they were supposed to have so not only were they late they also couldn't as bring much with them as they wanted to.

There will be lots and lots of toys for sale next year, all the way through the festival juggle

The planned DVD release date is December 2006, just in time for Christmas smile

7,193 posts

Posted:
oooooooooooooooooo that would make a wicked xmass prezzy bounce cant wait

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Sorry everyone, i've been a bit busy since this fabulous moment, and I can't read all this thread in english redface
Just wanted to thanx everyone for your friend ship and for everything.

Was sO good to see you all again hug

might see some of you at Boom festival or UberEurope if I can make it, or even at Burning Man
smile love you all smile

>> all is full of love <<

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
great i cant wait to see the dvd of some of the stuff this year i am already looking forward to next year....

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
the best part of play was obviously the knitting workshop. The lady who ran it was so kickass it's untrue!!

Non-Https Image Link

ubbangel

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Yes it kicked ass knitting with ma home girlies, were we kitting to reggae?

whats wrong with my neck confused ubblol
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1152569341)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Your neck looks fine there! kiss

I look so deep in concentration!!

Was most definately one of the best workshops at play (thank you Jo ubblove )

Can't believe i spent 2 hours making about 5 rows though redface

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
I missed the knitting...twice!

*so ashamed*

Will try harder next time.....

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
hang on i think the coolist one has gotta be the chocolate eating workshop i mean how much did we eat....

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Hi Dunc, any news on shipment of 2005 DVD's? I still haven't got mine and I'm dying to watch it!

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Page: ......