Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

funkydrednewbie
7 posts

Posted:
? how far is car park from the campsite ...your quote doesn't give an answer!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
All facilities etc are accessable within a minute or two's gentle walk

Better?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmmmmm i need a lift from the station to the venue.....................one problem is i have to travel up before the event starts.

is anyone else going up early to help set up that i could get a lift with??

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sym

funkydred, what Dunc said, but you will be allowed to drive to the camping area as long as you move your car to the car park as soon as you can - we don't have room for tents and cars in the same place smile

In other words they let you drive to where you take out your tent and put out all your camping gear and then you drive the car back to the parking place. So no carrying at all.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
(by the way - this is Sym)

The field is about 300m from end to end. the Camping will (from the gate) start from about 200m away, but if you get right to the other end, you'll be about 300m away.

Does that help?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Ooh Sym, while you are there- I did ask this already and Strugz said yes but I will ask again: is it ok to bring a trailer tent??

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Strugz

If its your house for the festy - then bring it - i mean thats only if you think it will fit in the 12acre site

i think that settles it wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
(sym again)

Yes, we'll talk to you about where you want to go etc when you turn up, but as long as you don't have a car there it'll be cool. Campervans are welcome too smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
oh my god!its paid for, transports organised and its next week!I'm tooooo excited!
I keep looking at workshop lists and getting giddy....
woooooooooo!!!!!

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: misscorinthian

Ooh Sym, while you are there- I did ask this already and Strugz said yes but I will ask again: is it ok to bring a trailer tent??

Obviously my word is not enough, why dont people take me seriously!?! wink ubblol

Thanks Ucof hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

Obviously my word is not enough, why dont people take me seriously!?! wink ubblol

aubergines.....

ask a silly question-get a silly answer! wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
So many responses.... so few body parts...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: icklepurklegirl

oh my god!its paid for, transports organised and its next week!I'm tooooo excited!
woooooooooo!!!!!

yup me too, specially lookin forward to tryin out some rope dart ubbrollsmile

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
tongue

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

What can I say? I am a worrier- I like to double check these things! rolleyes

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
What are the chances that there will still be any tickets on the gate?

Jake the Juggler

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Book em online and then pay on the gate, thats what i did hun.

That way you know you're definately getting in! biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Dude biggrin

Listen to Dunc - down the page a bit wink

ubbrollsmile

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Do what Dunc said
EDITED_BY: Sym (1150237624)

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
meditate sound advice clarrt wink

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simta

woooooooooo!!!!!

Ree, Sam and Kyle are in the car with me biggrin

Simta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta - I'll be putting the rope dart in my toy bag - I'll have to hook up with you guys on arrival to sort out pitching tents together biggrin

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
do what Dunc said smile
EDITED_BY: Sym (1150237587)

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Don't worry, I'm getting in!

It's for a friend who might come but might not.

Jake the Juggler

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

woooooooooo!!!!!

Simta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta - I'll be putting the rope dart in my toy bag - I'll have to hook up with you guys on arrival to sort out pitching tents together biggrin

well me n eddie are getting down on tuesday, and i havent even thought bout what im doing tentwise, if eddies taking his big tent mite jus have a section of that, or i may jus not sleep to make a change.

oh and have you seen the lineup for glade i put on your forum? ubbloco

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

daizeSILVER Member
175 posts

Posted:
Oh poo. For some reason I thought that Play was after the Big Green. Darn shucks, I wanted to go to that aswell.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
OK I have to clear this up...

BOOKING AND NOT PAYING

The ONLY way to guarantee to get in is to pay in advance.

As a festival an advance booking gives us no guarantee that someone is coming. There is no way that I will turn someone away on the gate who has cash just incase someone who booked in advance without paying might turn up.
We had a number of bookings last year that were never paid for and who never showed. The idea of booking without paying at the time is for you to pay by cheque/direct transfer etc when you have the money. The option is manual payment/card payment. Not advanced booking

Selecting manual payment when booking is not a reservation.

All tickets not paid for are now £30

If there are tickets left on the gate it will be strictly first come with the money first served.

If we sell 400 tickets before hand all those booked and not paid for will lose out. It's a shame but I have to ensure that I don't turn away paid bookings in the hope that non paid bookings turn up. As much as I'd love to I can't cater for everyones individual financial situation or ability/willingnes to pay in advance.

Hopefully I will not sell out until the last person who wants to come has walked through the gate wink

I'm sorry folks but I have to protect myself (financially) and thus the festival as a whole. I hope you understand and if there is a problem feel free to email me to tickets@playfestival.co.uk or pm/use the contact us form on the play website. I will happily discuss this with anyone who feels hard done by or may miss out. I will not be drawn into discussing this further in a public forum, if you want to talk to me do it in private please smile

I hope that makes it clear for everyone.

Some people have unpaid tickets reserved, this is by very special arrangement only and you should know who you are as we've already discussed it. Such as Maus who has made a very generous contribution of services to the festival. These tickets are few and far between and have very specific reasons as to why they're there.

I hope that we don't have any disatisfied people at PLAY, I want everyone to come and join the fun but with a limitation set by the local licence authority I have a ceiling total of 499 onsite at any one time that I cannot pass. If I do I'm in trouble!

I love you all...equally wink hug kiss

Let's relight this forum ubblove

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
But you love me most.. right? shrug

Written by: JtJ

Don't worry, I'm getting in!

bounce2 biggrin bounce

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
and oh yeah, boosh rule.

Jake the Juggler

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

woooooooooo!!!!!

hehehehe...why do i have this feeling that our journey down will be chaos, mayhem, noise and contain effectively a car full of hyperactive children??!!!!

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
I have just realised that The Wokhouse festival is a few days after Play and is in the same area.. is anyone staying on for it?

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Page: ......