Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

Ravehead, you can still get your young persons so long as your not 25 when you buy the card, rory bought one when he was going to be 25 i think in about 10 months on from the valid from date, so go for it smile

That's not quite right - you can buy one while you're 25. You can't buy one when you're 26 or older.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Vixen

mmmm.... no it definatly says you are.... xxx

I don't think it does...... confused

But with my grasp of the English Language any confusion is possible.

It just says we're traveling up.

No where does it sy they're in the van. I belive they have there own transport...

More of a Road Trip convoy type thing until they get fed up with me driving at 70Mph... ubblol

You'll probably be in the Van with Hels and Mistress Pink some other Bristol poeple...

I hope I mentioned compulsury Jelly wressling in the Back! ubbangel wink

I reckon if I add in Nutella and Jam Wrestleing Elasta may come in the van too ubblol

Although the van may then suck as a place to sleep and not get sticky. eek rolleyes

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
dammit was planning to come here for months but got a series of gigs that week instead...i know shouldn't grumble but DAMMIT...

anyway, hope you all have a fabtastic time

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

That's not quite right - you can buy one while you're 25. You can't buy one when you're 26 or older.

That's not true either tongue You can get one when you're older if you're in edumacation (at uni or whatever) So long as you can get written and verified proof from your place of learning that you are attending...

It worked for me at Sheffield anyway.

Meh

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Wiggling workshop 101: It's all in the hips biggrin

Have fun lads and ladies, thanks

xx

PS: Of course, m'lovely Strugz, Dunc rocks... but you and Sym rule

ubblol

(haven't used that one since primary school)

Looking forward to the vid... I have a wicked silly song for you...
EDITED_BY: FurryPurple (1149890406)

Getting to the other side smile

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
whats this about a wiggle workshop................hmmmmmmmi could sit for hours and watch female hoppers wiggle wink ubblol

Tempest_FirefaeGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
Hey NewGabe, thanks for the heads up. Will be driving down to Play to do my favourite thing in the world: Play! If anyone needs a lift from merry Scotland way ... I have 4 places left in a car (named Erin) that needs fuel & decorating. I'll see you there!

"Then you shall find that it containeth things of far higher value than the box did promise..."

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Chocolate workshop!! ubbrollsmile

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
hey im going 99.9%...
do we need to bring our own kerosene or do we have some there?
oh and are there going to be people there selling poi and other juggling stuff? cuz my friends wants to buy new fire poi

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i dont think i can make it after all frown due to almost complete lack of money frown

have fun....

back

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
There will be fire staffs (our own über cheap über awesome design...thanks to Strugz and Malcolm!) and fire poi (thank to Tepooka Toys) for sale aswell as loads of other equipment, juggling balls etc on offer.

there will be parafin avaiable to buy for a very reasopnable price if you forget to/cant bring your own smile

funkydrednewbie
7 posts

Posted:
r is the tent / camping area from the car park, as I have a large tent to carry etc??

will we here any music in the fire area if we are spinnig

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im planning on listening to the music of my heart.
If goes: doofdoof doofdoof doofdoof

bounce

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
 Written by: garthy

I reckon if I add in Nutella and Jam Wrestleing Elasta may come in the van too ubblol

watch it you! wink.... though you're probably right ubbangel
ah yay for PLAYYYYY!!!! been playing with loads of contact poi lately and cant wait to swap ideas and get inspired!!! biggrin:D:D:D:D

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Contact poi? confused
Whats that? wink

ubbangel

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

Im planning on listening to the music of my heart.

If goes: doofdoof doofdoof doofdoof

bounce

dude - your heart will be playing, thats for sure - cant have instrumental stuff ALL the time wink

ubbrollsmile

That and im bringing a banging techno / trance / pystrance DJ biggrin if he fits in my boot ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

ubbrollsmile

That and im bringing a banging techno / trance / pystrance DJ biggrin if he fits in my boot ubblol

ubbrollsmile oooooooooooo sounds good to me biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Strugz: This boot? biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Funkydred.....PLAY festival is all based in one main field, with a smaller seperate one for quiet camping. All facilities etc are accessable within a minute or two's gentle walk and and yes you will be able to hear tunes from the fire spinning area smile

See you all there...11 days to go!!! bounce eek

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
11 days?! Christ!

I'm bringing my own tent, and will have space to myself this year..but I need to go shopping, no more flinching of others! ubblol
Need to get a water bag...and a camping friendly saucepan..and lots and lots of noodles..
Alsdo need to go buy more heat friendly clothes. I don't like clothes that show bits of my body off, but I'll need them if I'm spending all day in the sun frown
Been feeling so ill from the heat this year!
I bought a skirt this morning...you can see my legs in it...I feel naked wearing it..

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Aimee was that a page from your diary?
confused hug

Meh

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Arg must book my train tickets eek

I want this tent but I already have one frown wink

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
She's doing iit now....

Meh

7,193 posts

Posted:
i need to book my train tickets too really, and blag a sleeping bag off my brother as he's nicked it

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
i forgot to put the link in

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol Buy it! buy it!!

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
all this talk of tents n sleeping bags makes me think i shud maybe consider sortin that stuff out

or ill jus go straight thro n find somewhere to chuck mah stuff lol

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
* Monday 12 June *

Woke up, to another hot day...oh oops what was that Cantus?

funkydred, what Dunc said, but you will be allowed to drive to the camping area as long as you move your car to the car park as soon as you can - we don't have room for tents and cars in the same place smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

funkydrednewbie
7 posts

Posted:
More questions, how far will the carpark be from campsite, as we have a huge tent and lots of cider to carry!?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

Funkydred.....PLAY festival is all based in one main field, with a smaller seperate one for quiet camping. All facilities etc are accessable within a minute or two's gentle walk and and yes you will be able to hear tunes from the fire spinning area smile

See you all there...11 days to go!!! bounce eek

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Page: ......