Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hi Dunc,

Do we have to be offsite on the Monday evening or Tuesday?

Gayle.....!

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
The Monday evening smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sym

Well I'll be at Kentwell Hall the week after - I'm sure we could have a re-enactor smell off wink

I'm terribly jealous. Rather fancy a trip to Kentwell. Was talking to a bonkers bloke at Traquair at the weekend who re-enacts a barber-surgeon (has his own 'blood' recipe) and a bookbinder. Fascinating chap. Think he's surgeoning at Kentwell.

Muggins is still learning, but getting there. Trying to concentarte on costume, but keep being side tracked by spinning, weaving, dying, shoemaking, braiding and food. Suppose it's all kinda linked really. Trying to persuade the OH that we really do need an authenty tent with cook fire equipment. ubblol

Get my lovely shiny new sword soon bounce2

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Was he Welsh with a round face beard? He's called Dave I think...nice chap smile

You should come along to Kentwell - I'll talk to you about it at play (well, I'll forget, but if you find me I will!). I've been going for about 15 years.

I work on the forge there, so if you want any authenty cooking stuff let me know wink

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Oooh! Yes please. I desperately want a cauldron. Just cos. And just about everything else. (And don't tell Stuart!)
I'm a disgrace really. If we could afford a proper medieaval house, I'd convince him somehow. The idea of cooking on a huge fire as in the tower houses makes me get all enthusiastic. Plans are in my head for making a thenty tent so we can have a fire in it, but I have't told him yet.

Problem with most stuff is, it's kinda miles away from us. Doubt we'll make it this year cos we've got BFHS AGM weekend after next, then Tatton, then Play, sort of week off but planned going to Game Conservancy council Country fair thing (very un PC), then Tewkesbury. After that the car will probably be dead, and so will we. I'll have a word with sir though. God knows when we'll get the kit washed. Which reminds me, need to make padded jack before AGM.

Hmm this is a tad off topic.

KITTENS!!!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Can you make my brother an arming jack whilst you're at it?

His gf is too busy making kit for paying customers to make stuff for him
rolleyes

Meh

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Do you know the reenactor song?

Maybe we should stop taking the thread off topic and wait till play....

hug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
The catering is now sorted. We have a lovely poly tunnel Vegan/veggie food guy who even has his own caberet stage smile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

a lovely poly tunnel Vegan/veggie food guy

Is he likely to have a strop if anyone was drunk enough to try and kiss Ed?

not that that's likely to happen....again...
ubbangel

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
If only there was evidence wink.

I'm probably going to be extremely hungover on the thursday, because even though my actual 21st is on the thursday cos im not in hull everyone from my bar is making us party the weds night, oh dear

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Will there be meat anywhere aswell or should we bring our own? smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Can people please stop saying the word "meat" its not healthy for a single girl with an overactive immagination! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
C'mon Vix....you love meat as much as the rest of us! Don't go pretending you don't! wink ubblol

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
What's the rules on cooking for self? Assuming no open fires, but any probs with stoves / trangias?

See, on topic. I can do that.

Don't think I know the re-enactors song. Our lot tend to concentrate on eighties death metal. rolleyes

Cantus, yes, as long as he doesn't mind waiting a few weeks and pays for material. I'm not brilliant at collars without being able to fit them properly though and seem to ahve an issue with dividing by 4 if last nights pattern drafting is anything to go by. PM me or something.

KITTENS!!!!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have the time off biggrin

bounce

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
We will have cooked meat onsale (ie burgers, bacon sarnies etc) and there is locally sourced organic fresh uncooked meat available in the shop.

Cooking yourselves is no problem, just so long as you don't scortch the ground please, cows and sheeps don't like cooked grass ya see wink

JON!! YEY!! bounce hug bounce2 hug2

rhi_bmember
51 posts

Posted:
yay just got my ticket all i have to do now is get the time off work! rolleyes
if she says no to time off ill just have to get a different job when i get home
yay excited now! bounce2

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
hey, it's highly likely I'm only going to be there for the weekend, so will anybody kindly let me snozzle in their tent on saturday night? (only) I would be much obliged. Plus I wouldn't have to drag a tent around and put it up only to sleep in it just the once...

??

biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
**UPDATE**

Hello everyone! An update for you all, you may or may not get this by email!

The festival is only 19 days away and everything is shaping up to be an excellent 5 days playing in the Shropshire countryside!!

We have a huge array or performers and workshops at PLAY Festival, you can now expect everything including trapeze, acro, awesome contact manipulation, juggling, spinning, an awesome indor show, cabaret, fire sculpture and two fire shows!! Yes that’s right TWO fire shows!

There will be music playing all day with live sets before and after each show in genres from ska to drum and bass, blues to punk rock and anything in between! There will also be dj’s to take you through to sunrise or until the tent empties of people biggrin

We have the Pixie Project Cinema coming down and providing a lovely area inside their dome for you to watch art films, independant movies and of course the PLAY Festival 2005 DVD!
We also have a chill out dome that will be playing more tunes after the shows have finished each night

There will be a few traders onsite, selling anything from essential clips for your fire poi to a new set of juggling balls or flags perhaps.
We will also be selling our own props, lovely fluffy cone poi, staffs and fire staffs with a whole new design you’ve probably never seen before! Thanks to the wonderful donation of manufacturing labour as a gift to PLAY Festival all the props we sell ourselves will be at very good prices.

TICKETS - If you haven’t already booked your ticket please note that they go up to £30 on the 7th June!! Book before then to get the discounted price of £25.

The catering is now sorted after the recent cancellation by Moonbeams due to a family illness, we now have another vegan/veggie caterer on site as well as our own twice daily meat cook ups with burgers and bacon sarnies etc.
There is also a farm shop onsite where you'll be able to get all your daily supplies of milk, sugar and bread etc. Most likely veggies too.
Self catering is fine but please ensure you dont burn the grass wiht your cooking equipment, portable BBQ’s etc must be elevated so once we’ve left the sheep and cows aren’t forced to eat cooked grass Eye-wink

We’ll be sending out more updates as we get closer to the festival, hope to see you all there!!

weavesmiley juggle hug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
We also have loads of really cool prizes to be given away at the games and during the weekend. All thanks to the lovely Malcom Crawshay who runs a little website for spinners and jugglers and stuff. It's ok, I hear they have a pretty cool community and shop going on there wink

Thanks Malcolm!! hug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bounce

19 days?!?! I kanny wait. biggrin

Thanks Malcolm! hug2

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
oooo not long now at all, i kanny wait either!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
really getting excited about this. with the music and stuff, is there going to be any psy trance dj's? is there going to be people wearing any cyber gear? i have all mine in the back of my wardrobe and it needs to be worn as the police shut my club down i used to be a dancer at.

funkydrednewbie
7 posts

Posted:
excited!!!!

can i spin my staff LIT at play, and where?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Me too smile

You will be able to spin fire at play, yes. We'll have a fire spinning area for you to spin in, that will have saftey people watching you and fire buckets/blankets ready incase of problems. Because of that, you'll not be able to spin fire out side of this area.

Hope that helps

hug

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I want a T-Shirt!

Pretty please?

I'm sooooooo professsional... rolleyes
EDITED_BY: mcp (1149466237)

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
With 3 Ss? My that is very professsional indeed biggrin hug
Will you be running a "begging to be involved at Play" workshop Meg?

Meh

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
begging? I was asked for, by NAME! so there! tongue wink

Plus I'm not for play, I'm for playing!

not as professsssional as porfesssssssssssssssssional. ubbangel

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sneaky sneaky Meghan changing her posts... spank hug

Meh

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I have the time off work and my ticket... be seeing you there. (If i can get a lift maybe... or someone very brave who will sit with me while i drive) xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Page: ......