Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I still have mine... but not on... frown

Stupid work frown

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
still have mine on with writing, but theres a few slight tears, but i reckon its gonna stay on a while longer

i also still have my glade wristband on, unfortunately i dont have my one from workhouse festival cos it was a crappy piece of paper

wanna see how many i can build up over the summer lol

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
never put mine on biggrin makes fishtails nasty.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Me too! Starting to look a little bit battered but still holding strong. bounce

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yeah still wearing mine - all the writing's still on and no rips or anything. But I'm going to a wedding in a coupla weeks and will have to take it off for that frown

I'm going to the Greenbelt festival later in the summer and would have loved to get a little wristband collection going... I might see if I can squish my hand enough to get my Play band off and back on again after the wedding smile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Wristband shmistband.
Put it on you ankle - MCP solves the fishtail problem (although knowing you - you'll be doing foot fishtails soon anyhow!) AND the writing doesnt come off becuase I never wash there!!!
See ya'll next year or around - Im in Edinburgh now for street at the fringe
Any PLayers about?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

guiness haven't confirmed it yet, or at least if they have I haven't been told about it but I don't seem to be able to get hold of Michael anymore, he's dissapeared frown

I saw him at WOMAD.

That doesn't really help though does it...

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Mines still on, but its on its last legs, theres a rip running through one of the adjusting holes frown

BTW, im number 0129

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Mine still on clean as whistle! (I have a thing for red bracelets and bangles anyway!)

0201 biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
im 223

and can still crack out fishtails hard, but if you do them on ur finger solves the whole problem of having things on ur wrist

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
0304 smile

Must've been last in through the gate.. heh smile

Better late than never!

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I'm number 5 wink

I like this photo (from a different festival)

Non-Https Image Link

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
im #0230 ubblol

those aren't your arms are they sym...................i cant remember you being so hairy and those hand's look way to beaten up and worked tongue

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Mine came off a week ago after I got bitten on my wrist right where the bracelet rubbed- in a grouchy hubgover mood i chopped it off. It was in fine fettle until then though smile

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
mine came off rock climbing, but im considering reattaching it, im #0051

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

never put mine on biggrin makes fishtails nasty.

Thats exactly the reason I cut off my play & glade wristbands the other day!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
fishtails distorted by a thin piece of paper ubblol

thats the best excuse ive heard for not being able to do them in ages!! especially from meg ubbloco

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
whatever dude, when you can do dual fishtails with loads of stuff on your wrist, solidly, while looking at a tree then I'll eat my words, until then I will mock you in a french accent!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
loads of stuff ---------- thin piece of paper........

mmm must be your accent but the story is changing wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
thin peice of paper? I got a fat bit of plastic... I've had them on before and while I can still do fishtails, I hate the thin side of plastic digging into my wrist with a staff on top of it feeling. And I hate the bit of plastic around my wrist like a spraypainted sheep feeling. And just the feeling of stuff around my wrist.

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
I hate having stuff around my wrists too- which is why I bit mine off in the car on the way home.

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well my wrist would look like that photo by now if I didn't also rip 'em off as soon as the festival is over. Eep I just realised I still have my one on from SOMA festival last weekend in Koln though! It' a nice fabric one so it doesn't bug me like plastic...

By the way HI y'all! hug hug hug hug I'll be back in UK soon so maybe I'll see some of ya at me Party biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
How was your tavels hun
Did SOMA ROCK - hard to beat the H a F after party I rekon - got some great footage - i'll giveya before you go back Oz bound
Still hoping To make ya party
Lovya

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
I had to take mine off with the heat recently my wrist was swelling up under it and making it tight and uncomfortable.

Next year Dunc, get funky fabric ones (if they don't cost stupid amounts).

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
wooo still got mine on...it hasnt torn and still has all the writing...

and whilst we are on the numbers thing

...#0101 biggrin

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yes fabric ones cost lots in comparison frown

Mine was 0001 wink It came off right after play, those damn cheapo plastic wristbands do my head in, I dunno who ordered them, I'm sure I can find a way to blame Sym or Strugz tho, I usualy can ubblol tongue

The wrist band is still around somewhere tho, I saw it a couple weeks ago

Yo Freya I love that song in your sig!

*starts doing the dance*

I used to sing it to George all the time, it does her head in ubbangel

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I STILL have mine one
even after the last post I made! biggrin might sound cheesy but I love having it on! (as I said, I love red bracelets and stuff anyway)

Sorry i didn't get to meet up Dunc. but I will do soon! hug thanks for the offer anyway!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
YAY BOOSH!!!! that episode actually kinda creeps me out....

i think its the head made of cheese....

OH!! here is a little thankyou, i dont know who too though...

i did something really stupid, i shut my foot in a toilet door ubblol

i went all swelly and black but there were some guys up in the welcome tent who sorted me out nicely!

i cant remember your names, but thankyou whoever you are!!! hug

the bruise came up wonderfully, and half my shin and foot was black after about a week. but its all sorted now.

its shinpads do the toilet from now on! biggrin

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
Mine got ripped off at work, stupid part time job in sainsburys *huff*

Spike

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts