Forums > Social Chat > So...what did you get for Christmas?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ok...I know that it isnt christmas EVERYWHERE yet...but it is HERE so tell this nosey lil chicken what you got for Christmas...
P.S...I know its not all about presents...Im just excited like Big Kev.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
I got the best present from my Dad, a broom stick to practice with, its a bit of a tradition arround here, i always ask for a broom handel and he always gets me one!!!! and i got loads of other stuff but the broom stick is where its at!!!! and a new camera yeah photos coming soon!!!! merry chrismas (ironic voice->) long live consumerism!!! sorry couldnt help it!! seriously though have a special day and tresure the intangible aspects of the day like the love and the peace, Merry Chrismas

jesus is the reason for the season!

ps just one more sleep till the boxing day test!!! (for you americans its a cricket match)

It's all good

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
One big day out ticket,
one box of chocolates,
one little sister who woke me up at 6 in the f*cking morning, AND
one c.d

merry christmas to all or happy present day .

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Mum found a novel way to give us "a little something extra" - by attaching envelopes of money to the tree! Money trees do exist, even just for christmas!

Its my puppy's first christmas too, she's so excited, trying to tear open the presents too!

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
I got 51cms of flat screen tv goodness from some cheap brand that ive never heard of

steal this cd - system of a down

the nightmare before christmas dvd!!!!

Merry xmas all!

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
From Home of Poi
*Electroglo poi
*Flags
*Four LED's! ( )
x 2 Blue
x 2 Green
From out, around the town
*Pants for spinning in
*One gallon of white gas
*A Mossimo hat (My other two are brown... they were black)
*A blanket!! It's so immensly warm! ( 's his blanket)

**And since we ran out of wrapping paper, my mom wrapped all of her presents in Lame fabric... when we were all done unwrapping them she said:
"So, Kinudin. Later on in the week, you'll have to show me some designs for flags!"
Me: "Wha?"
Mom: "Yea! You don't think I had this pretty wrapping paper to throw away did you? I'm gonna make flags out of them!"**

Merry Christmas everyone!
Happy spinning. Much Love
Kinudin

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay i am just jutting in here to inform you valura that you have been party to a strange chicken convergence, three separate posts about chickens all in one afternoon. will the madness ever stop? will home of poi become haven to chicken fetishists, down comforter enthusiasts, and white meat lovers alike? tune in next week...

i made myself a pair of stripey meteors for my christmas present.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I am Still Waiting for Santa!!!!

He's suppose to bring me a new Fire Staff, and an Alta Season Pass.

I know He will Come! It's only 1:00 in the morning!

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Oh yes Arashi ...all hail the almighty chicken god...one day we will know a world where chickens reign Supreme!!!
(chicken is my nick name...because I call everyone chicken. Not because I am chicken. Honest. No really it is. )
Arsn got me a beatiful deck of Goddess healing cards and a Moon diary and a baby Pooh Bear and A MONSTERS INC HAT. I LOVE MONSTERS INC...
I got a DVD Player from my parents!!!
And my Dad is an artist and he drew me a picture of a Chicken twirling fire and got it laser printed onto a tee-shirt and it says 'Crazy Chicken' on it...(very very nice shirt...Dad is a fantastic artist)
And I got the Happy buddha from my little brother and obscene amounts of C.K smell-a-like glitter stuff and TOO much chocolate and OH MY GOD IM HYPERACTIVE...Merry Christmas all my lil twirly friends...Arsn and I had a christmas burn for you all

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
one of my performance art professors was a riot... she did all kinds of crazy chicken performances where she was dressed as a chicken in public. she said it was her totem spirit guide . i think she was serious about that part too.
i have a friend named "space chicken" she calls everybody chicken too.
when we get together my name is "space gnashing tooth"
she has another friend in on it, he is "space bucket of balogney"

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Wakka Wakka Wakka...your prof. sounds like my type of people!!! I would love to dance around in public like a chicken...but dont tell too many people...k? Our secret.
Maybe your space chicken and I could get together and start the fire twirler, chicken fanciers secret society of flaming chickens....
You may be a member, space gnashing tooth...We will bestow the golden flaming chicken touch on you which enables you to touch a member of the public who will proceed to cluck like a chicken uncontrolably, for your personal entertainment for three mins exactly...whaddya reckon?
Would crack me up...I'd get the Prime Minister Johnny Howard to do it on telly ....LOL

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh for fu-ssake you made me laugh so hard now i'll never get to sleep

*grumble grumble*

i tell ya, when i first started fire dancing, i probably DID look like i was dancing like a chicken in public

off to bed, i'll be counting chickens

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
ROLF you lot are hillarious!

I got a cute sewing machine from mommy to make all me back drops! It so cute its hactually called a 'Sew Cute' and runs on an adapter or on batteries!

I got money from Dad! Isn't he lovely!

I got myself so many that I can't really count them namely clothes!

and the biggest present of all cannot be with me on this day
but they appeared just in time for the season!

I love you! (my biggest Xmas pressie ever!)

drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

AstroBoymember
43 posts

Posted:
Sadly, I ordered my items just a little too late so my fire staff and poi won't be here for another 1 or 2 days. But my sister got me a nightmare before christmas action figure!! And I got Roller Coaster Tycoon 2!!! Merry Christmas Everyone I'll send you all pictures when I decide to actually light up the fire poi i'll be getting : )))

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I got:

- a sarong thing from my Aunt
- The Harry Potter box set from my mum, (yes i'm sad i love harry!)
- Some bath stuff from my other Aunt
- A black light from my dad

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I got what I wanted (cause i Purchased them for myself!) hehehehe!

Double staff's they are so cute!
And from home of poi
col 1,2,3 the art of poi and Sage!
I'm still waiting for my whip!!! (groan)
Some clothes cause Im a dag !!
from my sister
Books from mum
Emiem cd
and lots of citronella oil

Anyperson can acheive anything if he dosn't have any fears.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
i got a lebanese cookbook
a worldmap that i can abuse because its cheap
an enya cd
sweaters for this cold florida weather
a hat made by the nasca people of peru
so many warm feelings and hugs, and a visit by santa crashing through our windchimes all through the night.

this year it didnt feel like christmas time to me at all, but today definitely does... woke up in the middle of the night to a symphony of windchimes and breeze, and i could feel the anticipation of dreaming children everywhere. 'twas magickal...

happy holidays everyone

Wow

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Misread your post for a second I thought you got a lesbian cookbook!!! Oh well I was wondering what kind of food would be in that, possibly courgettes!!!!

Anyways I got some bits and bobs but my main present was the lord of the rings books from my folks.

Merry christmas everyone!

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
hey peoples, daddy gave me cash too, how cool are they...

but sorry valura the flaming chicken lovers society already exists, i could make make u a member but i dont think ud like what it envolves

anyways my mouth it killing me , (due to way to much gum chewing in result of mdma poisoning). what a pity.

talk agian soon
mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

Locoflymember
62 posts

Posted:
i didnt get jack yet because my parents "ordered too late". but it doesnt matter. its all good. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL MY SEMI-ANONYMOUS ELECTRONIC IMAGINARY FRIENDS!

From the makers of soylent green.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Well Santa Never Came!!!
And my Girlfriend forgot to wrap my pesant, or should i say, she Lost It!!
Now she says I took it and am hiding it?
What a shitty Christmas!
Although I did get some money from My Loving Family
Hope your Christmases are bettre than mine!

~fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I got a ticket to Zimbabwe...

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I got my cat all screwed up on catnip. He's a happy mellow kitty now

I got a new hoodie

a microwave oven (I missed having one soooooo bad)

a toolbox for my truck that fits widthwise across the bed, so now I have a safe place to store my staff and wicks without exposing them to the elements or having my room/car smell like kero.

I got a set of nice laquerd chopsticks from my mom that have little pewter Bhuddas on the ends.

I got some new tools, a set of deepwell sockets and such

and a wicked candle shaped like a tree in winter.

Jesus helps me trick people.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Well... I got Col, Col 2, and Col 3... from the loverly chicken lover Valura and she got me a star wars poster, and a Faithless cd and some chocolates... well their really hers, but, what she doesn't know right??? some boxers... ummm... yeah... and I'm about to go see my momma for some more... I Love christmas now off for some more Booty...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
as i bought all but one of my presents on my cc at least a month ago then got people to reimburse me today (which reminds me, my sister hasn't paid me for her present yet!) I got some good presents this year!

New Fuel Bottle
Contact Juggling Ball
Cathedral head firepoi
Art of Staff video

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Food, food, food...

Last night it was port wine cheese with nuts, hard sausage, crackers, tapenade (a delish olive spread), baked brie, orange cranberry loaf, eggnog with bourbon, some chocolate, and a blue-striped peppermint stick that turned my lips and tongue blue...
Today, gosh, coffee and chocolate and cheese/ham croissants and chocolate and smoked fontina and oranges from the stocking, leftovers from Christmas Dinner at my housemate's grandma's house(yum!), and i may have some chocolate...

I got:
(in ascending order of of my excitement)
a little inspirational plaque from my boss (snicker), but with a cool kayaking picture
a Nutcracker ornament
a gold star ornament (I collect)
a floral bath set
a handmade candle that smells really nice
A copy of Stanislaus Lem's short story collection The Cyberiad
a copy of Horton Hears A Who (yay!)
A pair of cool coppper planters
a deep green fuzzy-fleece throw (which my dog promptly tried to take possession of)
a ticket to the Avs/Calgary hockey game Jan 7th!
A new original sculpture by Denver artist Rogelio Quinones, whose work i collect

and

a phone call from my oldest brother, from whom i have not heard in about 6 years, as he had sort of dropped away from the family for a while. I was so glad to hear from him, i actually cried...

Merry Christmas to all my Home Of Poi family...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Hmm, this is why I always go shopping for myself too neh

-soxx
-nice wurm polar fleece blanket
-bannana bred
-spice rack
-n hand towels ?!?

heh, but on the other hand I got for myself
-Haro mountain bike
-15 dnb records
-Copy of Photeks' 'Ni Ten Ichi Ryu' in mint condition!!
-pair o snakes
-fire staff(tho broken already)
-atomic clock
-george foreman grill(luvs me sum grilled chikin)
-flags
-asstd schtuff for the new house

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
I got...

a new discman - yay no more screaming babies in my ears on train rides!
a bottle of kahlua - black russians here i come!
lots of yummy delicacies like fresh dates, shortbreads, jelly belly jelly beans mmmmm...
cash from the xmas tree (as above)

And I rediscovered good red wine. Trouble is, i wanna drink the stuff all the time now cos its soooooooooooo good!!!

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
quote:
Copy of Photeks' 'Ni Ten Ichi Ryu' in mint condition!!
Nice!!! Thats a little gem that one!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
12 section staff, wu shu style
many black russians (_THE_ firedancer's drink)
swivels for sectional staff
new stripey meteors
new chain for "poi"
snuggles with a godess
fuzzy socks
jika tabi
dorja bell
nothing related to chickens whatsoever.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh my god...you are all listing stuff down....

Okay well....

From Noah, a cd (Shakira in Spanish) that he picked out and this great wall hanging he made. I love it.

From Whipping Boy, 3 postcards: One is a vamp scene that is beautiful, one is a girl on a fire painted trike that says "What are girls made of? Tattoo's, Bikes and Staring Fights" LOL, and the 3rd says "You all laugh at me beacuse I am different. I laugh at all of you because you are the same." I like! He also gave me a pretty green sweater, and a kick ass t-shirt that says "I live in my own little world, but that's okay, they all know me here!" ..It is soooo true!

From My best friend:A home brewing kit and the new Anne Rice book

From my North Carolina friends: 3 tatoos (yes, real ones. I sat for 3 hours on them and my tatist kicked me out saying I was nuts to get all 3...so I have about an hour left of work)

From my house mates: 6 mini-oil candles where the wicks burn green, purple and pink for candle belly dancing.

From some friends I didn't think were friends: The Tarot-Sutra deck (they are really cool)

From a very beloved friend way across the ocean: The Charles Dolbel/HOP Art of Staff video (nice job!) and some money to kick off my NZ visit when I get there. (I laughed and cried..thank you! )

From another amazing friend way across the ocean:
A healthy check, an adorable change purse and some items from my son and fantastic photo's of him. (If you read this, I love you sweetie!)

Clothes, scented bath stuff, a good amount in gift certificates, food, candles, money, a snowman ornament....

I actually cried tears of joy for the first time in a long time. I really enjoyed seeing people open gifts that we gave them that I was nervous about to find out they really loved them alot.
I even had a peaceful afternoon with my family, for Noah's sake. I didn't even need alcohol to get through it! (and I had some ice cream to think of a friend and share that moment from a distance with! )

And we aren't done yet. Tomorrow we are having Midwinter with my friends! YAY! I picked out some nifty stuff for them!

Oh, and how can I forget...Mother Nature dropped a blizzard on us....the driving was terrible and the snow is now knee deep on me (and I am fairly tall!)

Noah got so much he can open his own toy shop now!

Hope you all enjoy your gifts and have a great New Year!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Page: