Page: 1...4748495051...61
Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a 3 discount. Please note that the price of 25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of 25 in advance and 30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise 600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:ubblol i think i love you meg!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Seye
Seye

Geek
Total posts: 1261
Posted: Written by: simta

well if u hadnt been so lazy at play and actually got ur box of tunes out the car you'd have had in

There were far too many people fighting (not the right word but my mind has gone blank) over who was going to put tunes on and what tunes should be played for me to join in too.

If someone had said "Seye, go grab some tunes. You are on in 5." I'd have jumped at the chance. As I said earlier though - If other people want to play I'm not throwing anyone off the decks - I'd rather listen and take in what they are doing smile

Safe in the knowledge that I could have done it better. wink

Delete

simta
simta

compfuzzled
Total posts: 1182
Posted: Written by: mcp

Simta's sets sound like the bizness.

oh yes indeed they are, my tune selection skills are like your staff skills tongue

and seye you know aswell as i do, sometimes you jus have to take things into your own hands

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Delete

Mr_widd
Mr_widd

eat my face before i eat yours
Total posts: 253
Posted:i honestly would love to pay extra next year for these facilities showers and toilets

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:Read above to see about grey water issues.

Skully, Like your idea about the screen, but as I said before the festival grey water in a huge issue that would become worse if more people used the taps to wash. I understand people need/want to wash but under a tap isnt the best solution for anyone; I think youll agree.

Over the next year I want to become more involved in working at the farm. They have working weekends that anyone can go to, and I would love to see then turning in to Hop meets of sorts where we can go and give something back to the farm.

I would like to persuade them to let us build them some facilities; more compost loos, showers and maybe things like a sauna in time. If we did that it would allow them to sell the field to other people wanting to run festivals/fates/fairs/markets etc and not worry about the facilities. Having said that, this is just a dream at the moment and Ive not even talked properly to the other two partners in Play (Dunc and Strugz) yet, let alone Fordhall Farm!

The paper layout was good for the day time I thought. It had the stalls where they were with the caf opening in to the marquee inline with them. The workshop area was right in front of the stalls and the marquee, meaning that the stalls would have been a large part of the festival. This broke down when Ray (the food guy) couldnt physically go where we had him planned and seeing as he was already a day late setting up due to waiting on the marquee) I had to make a quick decision and put him where he was. I wasnt happy with it at the time, but because of water and power there wasnt much else I could do. I know youre not having a go as such, Im just letting you know what the situation was.

Where the layout fell down (even on paper) was in the evenings. We didnt take in to account the noise at all. Consider it a lesion learned.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3964
Posted:hey dude

that was the original plan - but for those you need a drainage system (manhole) there aint none on that site smile

hence our much annoying plan b - the portaloo smile

actually that may have been plan c - but anyway ..............

drainage cool

*god dam sym and his lighting typing - oh and more concise answering ubblol*

EDITED_BY: strugz (1152200213)

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:portaloos were plan C frown

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3964
Posted:i know man - they were wernt they.............

still 3rd place isnt a complete loss wink

smile - for feck sake! biggrin

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

mcp
mcp

Flying Water Muppet
Total posts: 5276
Posted:but the portaloos were really nice as far as portaloos go. Not grotty, not very stinky, and ALWAYS had toilet paper! eek Sometimes, hand drying paper and soap too! !!!! !!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

maus
maus

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 4191
Posted:Yup.... clapfor the porta loos, only on one occasion did the smell and that was sorted out within a couple of hours, which is dang good for a 5 day festival if you ask me. smile

Delete

Pink...?
Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
Total posts: 6140
Posted:The Portaloos were amazing considering they were portaloo's!

The only negative part of Play for me (except it ending, and having to go home) was the food, I know it wasn't your fault & it was a last minute thing (kudos for getting someone in so late). Just thought i'd mention it.
Ideally something like last year (not necessarily the same people) would have been ace.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:Food...all in the bad. You'll love it next year beleive me biggrin I hope you liked the meat from the farm too for those who ate it smile

We're glad the portaloos weren't to hateful. It was really important to us, we'd set a reasonably large budget for the loos to have nice demountable buildings brought onsite but because we can't drain we'd have to have them emptied 1-2 times a day which is a huge cost for us ontop of the cost of the loos. So we decided to use the entire budget and get the most and best portaloos we could find.
I was really happy with them and the service was great. The frist emptying was sooner than we expected but they were there within an hour or two to sort it out for us.

Skully that's ace feedback, thank you so much. More threads like that (especially on the website or by email to reviews@playfestival.co.uk or by using the contact us section of the website would be marvelous biggrin hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

Gayle......!
Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2444
Posted: Written by: mcp

Thou I personally think that Gayles workshop had the most wonderful cheesy pop music. I still remember the moves whenever I hear the nelly furtado song... biggrin

biggrin

Written by: jo_rhymes

ubblol i think i love you meg!!

ditto

Gayle.....!

Delete

_Aime_
_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 4172
Posted:I also thought the loo's were ace smile
Only once did I discover no toilet paper, but that was fine as I had emergancy baby wipes in my pocket biggrin
What exactly does a compost loo entail? I heard horror storys from my dad of just a big pit in the ground and a plank to rest on...
I don't know about anybody else but I found it really hard to go if I'm in a public place!

The only downside to them being towards the end of the 5 days, when everything started to build up....and the flappy down bits in the bottom got stuck down because of all the poo ubblol

I didn't find not washing that atrocious either. It wasn't too hot, so I didn't wake up in a sauna like tent all sweaty and minging, and a quick baby wipe wash was enough to keep me feeling fresh-ish smile

I didn;t find the layout too bad. The food was right by the big top which was lovely, and the stalls were just a skip away. As for the noise the only time I found it too loud was when the death metal where on and despite Ed's cries of "Listen to it properly! They're great!" I could couldn't enjoy it.. shrug But thats down to personal taste and if other people enjoyed it then its fine by me.

I can't comment on the noise levels at the stalls...besides the cheesy dance workshop the only time I was using that area I was um....*ahem* in another state of mind so much so that I didn't notice the noise shrug

All in all i thought it was a fantastic festival and 10x better than last year, and if it were conducted next year the same as it were this year I would have no quams biggrin

There were too many good bits to be focusing on the bads bits...

Delete

simta
simta

compfuzzled
Posted: Written by: Aime

There were too many good bits to be focusing on the bads bits...

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:the loos where the best i'd seen at an event, mainly because ther where no coke heads/mash heads useing loo roll then throwing it on the florr instead of in the pan ubblol

BELIEVE me................... try going to the loo at a squat party and you'll know how grim they getubblol

with you all on the wash screens but being "combat collin" baby wipes did it for me wink( had a HUGE pack of them.

i cant believe after gayles workshop telling people to find their own rythem no matter what tune was playing people still cant grasp the main point of the lesson............
-------- what ever the pace of a tune find your own rythem-----

well thats what i picked up from it anyway tongue

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:luckily hoppers tend not to be coke heads of mash heads. smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

steaks
steaks

former manc tour guide
Total posts: 1909
Posted:I didn't really have any problems with either the music that was played or the levels it was at. I wasn't over keen on the stage set up or the speaker set up, but that has all been covered.

The toilets were incredabily clean, I have seen protaloo's at one day events in much, much worse states than that wink I think the trough idea by at least one of the taps would be a good idea.
I agree with Skully (and others) that a seperate area away from the main tent for quieter spinning/chatting/chilling after the shows would be a good idea as well. I appretiate that power is an issue. But for the light you can get either solar powered garden lights that stick in the ground or some oil/gas burning heater lamp's to dot around outside away from the main tent.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Total posts: 1228
Posted:I though the porta-urinal at Workhouse was a good idea. Beer increasing the number of times one needs to pee, whilst reducing one's ability to aim straight.

Any chance of getting a couple of barrels of the stuff they were serving at BJC, or is there still a mountain of Whitbread + Labatts?

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

Seye
Seye

Geek
Total posts: 1261
Posted: Written by: jo_rhymes

luckily hoppers tend not to be coke heads of mash heads. smile

I'm not entirely sure how true that is wink

I think everyone was just being well behaved as they were there to spin / juggle / play and not to party hard.

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Total posts: 1228
Posted:I think the prospect of being on a comedown in that heat could have put a few people off wink

I know a few people who got pretty mashed on the herbal highs, although it was pretty late by then, so not many people would have noticed.

I like to party so hard that sometimes people come up to me and ask me where I get my drugs from. They don't seem to believe me when I say I'm not on anything biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:I get that ALOT Polarity. Especially in clubs. People ALWAYS without fail would as me what I was on or ask me to sell them something. And be shocked that I wasn't on anything except good music...

I've sorta of calmed down a bit in recent years from from the whirlwind dancefloor safety hazrad I used to be, instead toning it down and being more of a freaky thai chi/bodypopping hybrid (nowhere near as proficient as Mr Ed but it's what I do so gonna kept on doing it)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Spike18
Spike18

journeyman
Total posts: 69
Posted:just thought i would say again the metal band and the scar band were amazing.

I know its not to everyones taste but they were awsome deffently need more of them next year (though to be far there was a good mix of music and i could ignore or at least tolerate most of the music being played that i didnt like as it was only fair)

as ive said before it was an awsome festival one of the best ive ever been too and one of the friendliest (sp)

hugs
SPike

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

Delete

simta
simta

compfuzzled
Posted: Written by: Spike18

scar band

not to be pedantic but ska ubbidea

Delete

Gayle......!
Pooh-Bah
Posted: Written by: ravehead

i cant believe after gayles workshop telling people to find their own rythem no matter what tune was playing people still cant grasp the main point of the lesson............

-------- what ever the pace of a tune find your own rythem-----

well thats what i picked up from it anyway tongue

confused Do you mean Drew's workshop (musicality and dancing like a twat!)?

Gayle.....!

Delete

mcp
mcp

Flying Water Muppet
Total posts: 5276
Posted: Written by: Gayle......!

confused Do you mean Drew's workshop (musicality and dancing like a twat!)?

Damn! Was that the title of his workshop? It sounds immense!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

Gayle......!
Pooh-Bah
Posted:I think it was just musicality but it involved huge amounts of dancing like a twat. I enjoyed it immensly!

Gayle.....!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Total posts: 1286
Posted:Check My Gallery for Play photos!!! more goin up tomorrow when i have time

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Posted:I enjoyed drew's dance workshop lots, I was eating a blueberry turnover, which made it even better! biggrin

Delete

maus
maus

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 4191
Posted:And you gave me my very own private turnover dance....you rock! ubblove

Delete

Page: 1...4748495051...61