MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
Hey, guys. I'm working on applying to University College London for the fall (just need my teacher reference letters...rawr) and I was wondering if any of you there had any thoughts about it?

I lived in London for a year when I was 14, so it's not like I'm just randomly up and moving from California.

But yeah, any thoughts/advice/whatnot would be appreciated. Cheers!

biggrin

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Hello there, firstly you will have tonnes of loverly people to spin with while your there ubbrollsmile

Secondly, what course are you studying? I did my art foundation in London but I can't say I know anything about University College London, it looks as if you are right in the hustle and bustle of the city centre, my uni wasn't so close to the centre.

A prior warning, london is a massive place but it can be quite lonely, the spinners are an exception to the rule wink I say this because at my uni we have a very small community, and its very easy to meet people, and bump into people if you see what I mean. Most of us live in the same sort of area too, I remember people traveled in from all over to get to uni in london.

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

195 posts

Posted:
I'm studying to be an egyptologist, so I'm applying for their undergrad course in Ancient History and Egyptology.

I can't wait to meet/bump into people. hahaha.

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Cool I did my my MA in Public Archaeology at UCL archaeology department!
They have some wicked resources and tutors there! I actually did my undergrad in ancient world studies though, so I was in the ancient history department a bit too

I know Linden Rathen is at UCL so he'll probably drop by soon....

ummm London is expensive, more than ever now..
UCL has a cool juggling society

come and visit cambridge sometime!

any specific questions?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

195 posts

Posted:
I'm not really worried about the expensiveness, I worked it out and it would be basically the same price as UC Berkeley (my other option, atm) so that's not a big deal.

that's great that it has a cool juggling society.

I guess I don't have any specific questions, I just wanted to see how well known it is and stuff like that. I didn't want to accidentally find myself at some university where I stand no chance of getting into grad school or something.

-NYC

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
UCL does pretty well for itself actually, I think the archaeology department is quite well respected.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi