Forums > Social Discussion > Bulgaria Fire festival travel scam!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FlameChildSILVER Member
Pyromantic
136 posts
Location: Norway (Way way up North, on the left side of Swed...

Posted:
There is no such thing as a free lunch!
Thanks for the heads up, man!

-= I am the god of Hell-fire =-
-= And I bring you......fire =-

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
thanks for putting the word out.

on a similar note, i received this email:
 Written by: penda edward

My dear and complements of the season! How are you doing over there.Hope fine, my name is Miss Penda.From South Sudan in Africa.
I am a young single pretty girl, never married, I am a member of this homeofpoi dating site, i saw your profile here and i carefully read your personal data.
I am here in dakar to collect and deposit my wealth to any Western Country, Middle east or Asia for investment, hence after going through your profile i hereby seek your hands in partnership for a reasonable compensation of 10% of my wealth for your effort before commencement of investment. If you can handle the investment of my wealth do contact me for detailed information.
I am self-confidence that your are the real type i need in my life as it concerns the investment of my money. Hence i will need you to give me your your full names, address and personal telephone numbers.
Am waiting to receiving your quick reply.
Yours Sincerely.
Miss Penda Edward

either there's something we haven't been told about HoP's dating service wink, or watch out for people using it for other purposes

FIREBOY4209SILVER Member
The lone Fire Spinner
236 posts

Posted:
Agreed. Sounds like a complete scam to me.
Thanks for the warning.

To play it safe is not to play

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Thankyou Malcolm! smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the warning Malcolm smile

Its nice to know that HoP's daddy is looking out for us wink

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Adya Miriyana

thanks for putting the word out.

on a similar note, i received this email:
 Written by: penda edward

My dear and complements of the season! How are you doing over there.Hope fine, my name is Miss Penda.From South Sudan in Africa.
I am a young single pretty girl, never married, I am a member of this homeofpoi dating site, i saw your profile here and i carefully read your personal data.
I am here in dakar to collect and deposit my wealth to any Western Country, Middle east or Asia for investment, hence after going through your profile i hereby seek your hands in partnership for a reasonable compensation of 10% of my wealth for your effort before commencement of investment. If you can handle the investment of my wealth do contact me for detailed information.
I am self-confidence that your are the real type i need in my life as it concerns the investment of my money. Hence i will need you to give me your your full names, address and personal telephone numbers.
Am waiting to receiving your quick reply.
Yours Sincerely.
Miss Penda Edward

either there's something we haven't been told about HoP's dating service wink, or watch out for people using it for other purposes

i got one of those a while ago - laughed sooo much smile im alwats tempted to reply from a fake address with fake info just to see what they do - wonder if they'd spot buckingham palace ... hmmmm devil

back

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Do it

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

kepki2003Member
34 posts

Posted:
I got one of those email about 6 months ago. I actually made a fake email and replied. They wanted my bank account number to send me money for some guy that was stuck in some african country, so naturally I tried to get their bank account number. I strung them or who ever it was along for about 3 months then they suddenly stopped replying.

Spin More Poi!!!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Home of Poi is a dating site now??? w00t!!!

Thanks for giving us a heads up though Malcolm, yay for our HoP daddy! always knew he looked out for our safety

Lotus81GOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the look out smile
Another forum setup very similar to this one has been getting hit pretty hard with the same kind of stuff. Must be that time of year..

~Lotus

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i guess its back to the whole saying.... if it sounds too good to be true... it usualy is.

thanks for the heads up

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

daninoBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
hi people
for the first time i am in this forum and thanks to malcolm
who informed me about this so called 'fire festival' in my own country...YES i am from BULGARIA!!!so far i haven't hear about anything like this.like i red,you don't believe it and you should not.it's pity to say but i know how the thing are going here...
thank you one more time malcolm and i'll try to fix this thing...i think i know who posted this crap!!!
greeitngs and regards from ussualy nice Bulgaria!

venetiapoiMember
1 post

Posted:
Hmm, maybe we should organise something like this, it does sound to good to be true, maybe Jim will fix it!

Here's Hoping.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
It does sound too good to be true but it's not a bad idea to organise something like it! One day...

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Indeed the lovely Ben received one such not so long ago. Posted about it here but the thread vanished. I thought he must have disappeared with the lovely Miss Penda...

Meanwhile, yeah somebody want to pay 70% of my [Old link] ?
I'm game! biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
What did happen to that thread and where is Ben wink

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
um.. i've been to several fire festivals where a significant proportion of travel has been covered. so this seems a little hasty. have you tried contacting them?

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
But your Bluecat. For some reason, people will pay to fly you out and nap on their couch.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Maybe it's a cult. They fly you over, feed you up, drug you then convince you that we have reptillian overlords who's appetite for firedancers must be satisfied.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: flash fire

Maybe it's a cult.

And we're not? wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I always wanted a reptilian overlord. Gul Dukat or something. ubblol

Apparently Bulgaria has nice beaches at the Black Sea, or so I'm told...

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
They have great ski slopes...

biggrin

Borislavnewbie
19 posts

Posted:
This girl (Ena) have written something about this event in our Bulgarian fire spinnig forum, giving little information and also explaining that the money for the costs will be covered by a fund from the Europena Union. May be you don't know, but the recent years the European Union have been giving lots of money for different programs.

The administrator of our forum is cheking the whole thing about this festival, because he have some contact with this girl (yes, she exists) and we will keep you informed about this festival.

PS: I hope that the whole thing is not a scam.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thanks Borislav!

If it's not a scam, it's very very brilliant!!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
Hi,
I know it sounds too good to be true, but its not a scam!
We are a group of young people who want to make poi and all similar arts more popular in Europe and Bulgaria in particular.
The idea was to join a local Rock Festival that runs every year, but soon after we took this decision the rock fans organisers said NO!
So, we took the idea on a bigger plane, and now we are organising a separate special event, we called - Fire Festival.
We have a project through the Youth Program in the European Community, who will pay 70% of the travel expenses of all the participants coming from abroad, as well as their food and accommodation. The fest will be running for 3 days in total - between 1st and 7th August. The accommodation and food will be covered for 7 days and for the time before and after the festival within these days we are planning to do street shows, poi/staff workshops and walks in the mountain as the place is close to the Pirin mountain.
We are able to invite so far a total of 55 fire people from all countries.
If you need more info, pleasde contact me on bodesia@gmail.com

Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
umm

bounce

Is anyone else interested in going?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
hmmm....i'm interested smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
By the way, there is a group of friends of mine - staff spinners from Brighton UK - coming to the Fire Festival in Bulgaria. If you are from the UK and want to come over, bare it in mind!
:-)

Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
biggrin
soo glad
biggrin

i'll talk to the girls and see if they're up for a saunter over bulgaria-wards biggrin

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ther'll be girls eek

ooooh..im definatly going now biggrin

Page: