Forums > Social Discussion > Bulgaria Fire festival travel scam!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Total posts: 997
Posted:regarding the following
 Written by:

The following message has been sent from ENApena via the "Meet others" database. ENApena will not know your email address unless you decide to contact them. You can contact them if you wish to at bodesia@gmail.com

"Hi, Are you intersted in coming to Bulgaria for a Fire Festival - there will be fire people from Bulgaria, UK, Hungary, and other European countries.All aiming to exchange skills, culture and good vibes.There will be workshops and different tents and lots of fire people :-) Your expenses will be covered by us - 70% of your travel expenses, and free accommodation in a forest villa and free food.Bring your friends as well. Offer goes for them too. Dates are from 1st to 7th August 2006. The place is the slopes of Pirin mountain. Contact me for more information, Love & Peace ENA"

All sounds too good to be true with too much for free and looks like you only have to pay 30% of your own travel costs!!!!

I do not know who else this person has contacted but it seems weird to me. I can not find any other details about this festival and it really sounds like a scam.

Upon looking up "Bulgaria travel scam" on google I found the following on the Bulgaria - US Consular Information Sheet
 Written by:

Potential travelers should also be cautious about making credit card charges over the Internet because recent experience has shown that some offers come from scam artists posing as legitimate businesses. Travelers should also be careful about making credit card payments to Bulgarian tour operators over the Internet before coming to Bulgaria because some entities listed there do not actually exist.

From http://www.bulgariantourism.com/info/consular1.php

"May your balls always burn"

Delete Topic

newgabe
newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
Total posts: 4030
Posted:Love it! Let's all learn Bulgarian! ubblol
auagh eep, are street signs and stuff in Bulgaria all written in Cyrillic?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

Loki_the_trickster
Loki_the_trickster

Has sharp edges
Total posts: 1266
Posted:clapMalcolm clap
Thanks for keeping us safe biggrin hug hug hug

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

Delete

ENApena
ENApena

Total posts: 12
Posted:well, its not a bad idea.
actually the law in Bulgaria says that all street/road sings should have writing in Latin as well as in Cyrillic!
But good luck with Bulgarian. I offer tuition if anyone needs :-) lol

Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle

Delete

laviryin
laviryin

Total posts: 20
Posted:ditto.

pos no se esto pa ke leche sirve esto pero bueno,ke eso ,ke me gusta un monton kariokear,y ke kuando lo kontrole komo muchos cabrones ke hay aki,pos vereis algun video.un beso pa tossssssssssss.chao

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Total posts: 997
Posted:Finally got a reply
 Written by:

Dear Mr Crawshay,

Thank you for your e-mail and for expressing doubts about the veracity of the mentioned project. I would be glad to help you in verifying whether there is a Communtiy funding or not for the project but I would need some more information.

Could it be possible for you to contact the organism proposing the participation of young people, asking the name of the beneficiary (applicant and coordinator organisation), and if possible the contractual reference number of the project? With this information, we will be at least able to check whether the project has been selected for funding at centralised level or to contact the Bulgarian National Agency of the YOUTH Programme to get more details.

Thank you vvery much in advance for your help.

Yours sincerely,

Education, Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency
YOUTH - Communication / Information

Details seem to be changing all the time for this project
No funding for people outside EU?
Funding not granted yet?
No free food or bed for everyone attending?
confused

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
Total posts: 4030
Posted:Ilyana has been quite open that funding was not yet settled, and in any case would not be available for people from outside EU.. told me that a few weeks ago in a PM and confirmed it on the thread here. If it goes ahead, I am planning on self-funding to travel to this event anyway, in between UbEurope (presuming Bluecat exists and makes up his mind what country to have it in wink) and a train ride to Istanbul.

Not sure if you noticed this post, Malcolm, is it useful information for enquiries?

Written by: ENApena

EU youth commission ...do not know about...project is given for approval at the National Commission for youth projects in Bulgaria, and is not one of the big projects that the European Commission funds directly.

... this project is Action 5 - European Fire Arts & Spirituality... have to wait for a reply on the funding until June.

....participants, ..not buy their tickets until we have been given a grren light on this project.

But yes, you are doing the right thing, to try and make it safe for everyone in this community, so cheers for that!

:-)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

laviryin
laviryin

Total posts: 20
Posted:sigo sin saber si es seguro o no,y el traductor es te mierda,no tradice bien,y menos me entero.al final me quedare sin ir.beso a todos
confused ubbrollsmile beerchug

pos no se esto pa ke leche sirve esto pero bueno,ke eso ,ke me gusta un monton kariokear,y ke kuando lo kontrole komo muchos cabrones ke hay aki,pos vereis algun video.un beso pa tossssssssssss.chao

Delete

Page: 123