Forums > Social Discussion > Bulgaria Fire festival travel scam!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I wanna go, too. I don't think I can, time-off-work-and-money-wise, but I want to. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
yes of course there'll be girls! Bulgaria is famous for its beautiful girls...:-) lol ubbrollsmile

Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
This sounds fantastic.. and is nicely after UberOZ, but it also clashes with the Big Green Gathering... decisions decisions ubbloco

No stuff the decisions, I'm SO in!!!!! ubblol
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1142610029)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me ..... but I'm still leary.......I wonder how the logistics of the plane tickets would work
something tells me I'd have to send my 30% to them and never see it again
maybe if they sent me the 70% or did it through the airline where we could both send our shares I'd trust it.....if thats the case then sign me up!!!!!

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Yes, never send people money for gigs, jobs, anything. That's usually the sign that it's a scam.

If this is true, it sounds great! Bulgaria?! Whoo-hooo! I want to know more! ubbloco

I want to know the details of how the 30/70 thing works. I'd love to go to Bulgaria. Is this true about the pretty girls? I hope that part is true. ubblove

n
EDITED_BY: Meenik (1142653863)

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
I'm planning on spending a month walking in Romania in August, and a fire festival in Bulgaria would be an excellent way to start! I'd love to take part in this and meet and play with all the wonderful people! Hooray!

people are people

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
Well, i have an explanation of how the 30/70 works out.
You don't send no money prior to the event, thats for sure. But we don't send you money neither because things happen and people don't show up.
To make it work, we contact you via email and send you an application form - for the total amount of people travelling to Bulgaria - you fill in all the names and the amount of the tickets, and the way you are travelling (plain/train/bus or car). Once we have this done - your cover of 70% of your travel costs is ensured.
Then you have to purchase your tickets and come down and by handing your tickets to us you will receive 70% of your travel costs.
I hope I was clear:-)
So far we cannot afford to invite more than perhaps 5 or 6 people from outside Europe - as the travels are too dear.
I already have confirmations from 27 people from Europe coming to the fest.
Well...the girls are so pretty that you'll never want to leave......:-))
ho-ho-ho

Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle

laviryinSILVER Member
20 posts
Location: jaen,andalucia,españa,europa,el planeta tierra, S...

Posted:
I would like much to go, but I need to have some safety of which this festival is royal(real), and all the conditions that you say.Me seems to be sad that the stimulus to go is for the nice women ...... confused beerchug spank

pos no se esto pa ke leche sirve esto pero bueno,ke eso ,ke me gusta un monton kariokear,y ke kuando lo kontrole komo muchos cabrones ke hay aki,pos vereis algun video.un beso pa tossssssssssss.chao

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hooray for nice women!
bounce

anything else is just a bonus.. wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Thanks Malcolm for the warning smile

Something to chuckle upon - and please all note that "letters from Nigeria" are infamous... wink

Written by: Roy le Roi

Before the death of my late client with his wife and two kids. my client {Late Mr. Nicola Wisma} as he likes to be addressed, who was a big oil dealing personal with our formal minister of finance and was a very charitable person noble in the federal republic of Nigeria. He deposited the sum of USD$8m [eight million United States Dollars] in a Bank in Nigeria. -- E-mail to my wife from Dr. Atkins Risha

It’s been a tough few weeks for my wife and me. Several members of our far spread family clans have died. We are sorrowful, of course, but also fortunate in that kind individuals have offered to help us recover some of the vast sums the deceased ones left secreted in the banks and safety deposit boxes of two or three African countries.

We have also been notified of winning a few lotteries we did not have the foresight to enter. Kind individuals have again assisted us by randomly linking entries to e-mail addresses. It restores our faith in humanity to know that so many “multinational companies as part of their social responsibility” are doing their part to enrich us.

We have had so much good fortune that we find ourselves embarrassed at the numerous sad letters from the brothers, sons, and wives of murdered government officials. We truly would like to assist the survivors of these government purges in recovering the funds fortuitously put aside by the victims. We do not want to be greedy, however, and feel sharing our luck is the next best thing to do. Thus, we have forwarded some of the offers to friends and family less fortunate.

We do realize that not all of these offers are legitimate. We have been careful in our evaluations to accept only those that promise honest cooperation and contractual agreements protecting us from any breach of the law and assured to be 100% risk free.

We do admit, as well, to being flattered that our “esteemed selves” are known in so many places to be of “high repute and trustworthiness.” Persons again unknown have been kind enough to include us as “imminent personages” on the contact lists of many business organizations and associations. It is worth almost as much as the millions we expect to receive to know we are well known and respected so broadly.

We do realize acceptance of some of the offers might be construed as taking advantage of widows and orphans and damage our heretofore sterling reputations, but we feel there ought to be some cash value to our virtue and are happy to besmirch it to reap the millions we have been offered. It is sad for us to think that the less virtuous may never have the same opportunity of cashing in. We are thankful that virtue truly does have its own rewards.

We hope that

Mr. Frederick Chucks (Exq)
Mr. Christopher W. Ziwabo
Mrs. Robecca Martins
Mr. Sam Makani
Prince Fred Seiso, B.Com, F.C.A., CPA
Mr. Emmanuel Gezi
Mr. Paul Jacob
Mr. Alex Twala
and Dr. Boniface Gani

will understand that we have already accepted so many proposals of “urgent business assistant” that we cannot possibly take on more opportunities at this time. We especially apologize to Prince Fred, but we have already entered into business relationships with two princesses, a prince, and the favorite wife of a deposed (and beheaded) king, and feel we would be reaching above ourselves to entertain any further negotiations with royalty.

In anticipation of our coming wealth, my wife and I have established a secret trust fund in the name of one of my uncles (for tax purposes). Unfortunately, he has just passed on, a victim of the recent New York boating accident (we fear it is his own weight gain that caused the mishap). This could possibly complicate the recovery of our soon-to-be virtuously obtained funds. So, dear reader, with kind and utmost affection, though we have never met and received your name only through the ON-LINE BUSINESS NETWORK OF ESTEEMED AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSONS, it is with humility and adoration that we would like to propose a business arrangement to recover the monies that will soon be flowing into the account. We look forward to hearing of your honest cooperation and guarantee that this is a 100% risk free business opportunity, to be carried out in the manner of all legitimate business, for which you will never have any regrets.

Sincerely and Deeply Respectful
Lee Roy LeRoi, DoA, ASAP, BYOB

E-mail: leeroyleroi@yahoo.com

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
confused
What?
shrug

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

Something to chuckle upon

Rofl.. funny stuffs.. specially:
 Written by:

I'd go into business negotiations with him, for sure biggrin.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Promethean_AdvocateBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

yes of course there'll be girls! Bulgaria is famous for its beautiful girls

Oh hell yeah! Im interested, has anyone done the figures from Aus as to how much it would cost? Free food, free accomodation..am I right in thinking that all we have to pay is airfares and transport? And that I dont actually have to tranfser any money to anyone? If so, Im so there.

Joel

Incendiary meditation

“Think not of the staff as being rigid, but of your mind as being that which is inflexible.”

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

ubblol ubblol ubblol anyone else notice the string of letters after his name?
DoA=Dead on Arrival
ASAP=As Soon As Possible
ubblolBYOB=Bring Your Own Beer!!!!!!!!! ubblol
not to mention his name is Lee Roy LeRoi ubblol
that cracked me up thanks FireTom biggrin

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Roy le Roi

... with humility and adoration ...

Think I may have found a new signature ubblove

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ha ha, i get one of those every day at my old email address, i keep reading them just because they're so funny! always another sob story in really really bad english. ha ha, i cna't believe some people fall for them!

'i'm very rich, and for no adequately explored reason i've decided to share it with a total stranger! yay!'

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I just wish we had a 'hilarious scams' thread rather than it being mixed up with what seems to be a legitimate attempt to organise a festival.... I've had some correspondence with her that seems quite un-hypey and reasonable....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

(except the correspondance bit)

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
maybe it's time to change the thread title? smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

laviryinSILVER Member
20 posts
Location: jaen,andalucia,españa,europa,el planeta tierra, S...

Posted:
go or not go,that is the cuestion,or no?
what is dito?

pos no se esto pa ke leche sirve esto pero bueno,ke eso ,ke me gusta un monton kariokear,y ke kuando lo kontrole komo muchos cabrones ke hay aki,pos vereis algun video.un beso pa tossssssssssss.chao

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
 Written by: laviryin

what is dito?

its a one word way of saying....."What she/he said" wink

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
It's usually spelled *ditto*

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
Well, whatever the thread, we will have a great time :-)
lol

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
have a look of where i live :-P

https://wallpapers.bulhosting.com/wallpapers/PirinPanorama1280x1024.jpg

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
nice to see a so called "scam" is actually legit for a change smile enjoy it for people who are going

Still I can see why it is deemed a scam straight away.

ENApena - maybe you could put in a link to a contact number and/or website next time, then maybe it won't be seen as a scam. Also putting in more details about the way it works with the 70/30 would help

Are you up for it?
wink;)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hug2
kiss

biggrin

You are possibly better than any other human being I know Malcolm. bounce

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
I don't know how the EU youth commission will give an answer to something they do not know about. As our project is given for approval at the National Commission for youth projects in Bulgaria, and is not one of the big projects that the European Commission funds directly.
So, to make it easier for you, Malcolm, this project is Action 5 - European Fire Arts & Spirituality, and the deadline for submitting the project is tomorrow! Then we have to wait for a reply on the funding until June.
So, as I have informed all the participants, they will wait and not buy their tickets until we have been given a grren light on this project.
But yes, you are doing the right thing, to try and make it safe for everyone in this community, so cheers for that!
:-)

ENApenaMember
12 posts

Posted:
Here is the website where you can find updates on the 'small' youth projects in Bulgaria:

https://www.youthdep.bg/

Peace

ubbrollsmile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Love it! Let's all learn Bulgarian! ubblol
auagh eep, are street signs and stuff in Bulgaria all written in Cyrillic?

Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
clapMalcolm clap
Thanks for keeping us safe biggrin hug hug hug

Page: