MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
smile Hi folks! smile

cool For the first time ever we will have a SATURDAY BEGINNERS COURSE!!! due to popular demand from those of you who live too far away to come after work!

biggrinWe are also delighted to welcome the fantastic Dave Knox to our team, a great teacher and performer (for more about Dave read below...) Dave will be replacing Monique and Emma who are sadly leaving us after many years to move to Korea and Berlin respectively! Lucky ladies! We wish them every success and happiness, and I'm sure many of you will join me in thanking them for teaching us all so much, and for putting so much warmth and energy into our classes. Thank you girls and have fun! If you would like to send Monique or Emma your good luck wishes, email me and I will pass you emails on.

weavesmileyHere’s the details of the next Beginners Poi Spinning courses...

smile Beginners Poi Courses
April: April:
Sat­ (Camden Town) 2 - 4pm. Starts 1st April
Tues (Elephant & Castle) 7:30 - 9:30pm. Starts 4th April
Please note there will be no classes over Easter (14th - 21st April) so you can all go on holiday! There will still be 6 lessons for each course.
May:
Mon: (Camden Town) 7:30 - 9:30pm. Starts 22nd May (No class 29th April, spring bank holiday)
Tues (Elephant & Castle) 7:30 - 9:30pm. Starts 23rd May

Courses run for 6 weeks and are priced at £75 (concs avail).
Exact directions to the venue are provided once you have booked a place.

The Beginners course will teach you about thirty basic moves and how to put them all together so that you can flow from one to the other. Starting at the very beginning with how to hold your poi, we swiftly go on to moves such as reels, tuck turns, the weave, the backwards weave, the windmill, the butterfly and the fountain. (If you can do all of these moves already contact me regarding the Intermediate course). We will also explore basic concepts such as turns, follow time, linking moves together, and opposite directions, allowing you to begin to invent and explore your own moves and style. The course culminates in a show, so we will also work on choreography and presentation. Expect to work hard but have a good laugh with the others!

coolYour teacher will be Dave Knox.
Dave Knox has performed for the past few years as part of the internationally reknowned fire troupe 'Flame Oz', earning himself the respect and admiration of performers worldwide. He brings the same energy, humor and enthusiasm to his teaching, and has been teaching fire arts for many years - at one time running his own popular staff spinning course in London.

juggleTo reserve a place, or if you have any queries, contact me at courses@poispinning.com or 07905 949 441.

Well, I look forward to hearing from you.

See you soon!

Michal Kahn

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
places starting to fill but still plenty left for now!

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
still room for you to join us for thebeginners course, and get spinning in time for summer!

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
about 8 places left on each course...

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
Still places left on both courses!

Heres what others have said about the Beginners course...

"I'm just finishing up on her beginners course currently running. I can't recommend it highly enough -- I was better half way through the second week than I'd hoped I'd be by the end of the course. If you have even just a vague interest in some fun exercise or seeing what this poi thing is and can spare the time - Go!"
Manar Hussain

"Thanks again for the classes. Another good thing about the teaching (I thought this as I left last week) is the fact that you differentiate; you adapt the teaching to the students learning styles and abilities. The more able students always had some extension move to work on and the less able students (me trying to relearn the reels!) get plenty of assistance.
Good luck with it all and have a great Christmas and New Year."
Rhona

Just to say again, thank you so much for sharing your skill and craft with me (us). I learn a lot and thoroughly enjoyed meeting the class in the comfortable environment you created. I can't wait to set my poi's (fire poi's) on fire. Also looking forward to joining another of your classes!
Sarah Leighton

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
Still about 5 places left on each course!!

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
5 places left on each course...

michal@juggler.net