Forums > Help! > how to hold sock poi

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
icewarriorSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
I tried searching for this but just can't find an answer. I just bought some from this site and don't know how to hold them. do you just hold them with your fingers? Don't you get worried that they will fly and hit someone on an accident? I already have some poi with the handles and it just seems weird without handles. Someone please give me some ideas. Maybe i just have to get used to holking them in my fingers. thanks Jeff

Bigfoot67GOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
I just wrap and unwrap 'em around my hands while spinning

Bigfoot67GOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
I tried something new today to hold my sock poi and it felt really comfortable. I got the idea from the forum here but I can't find the original post anymore so instead of quoting i'm just gonna explain...

Just make a simple loop with a knot you can slide so the loop gets tighter as you begin to spin. Put the loop around your smallest finger (i forgot the english word for that tongue pinkie or so?) and then let the sock go towards your index finger so you can grab it and hold the sock between thumb and index finger.

holding you socks like this also makes it much easyer to wrap and unwrap them around your hands, it helped me alot today smile

poigirl221BRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
id rap um roud ur middl finger they fasn with a safty pin!!

Page: