Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > I can quaere once again practise time is use middle finger or ring fin

Login/Join to Participate

ken710314GOLD Member
3 posts

Posted:
I can quaere once again practise time is use middle finger or ring finger?

SigstaSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
i'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if i'm reading it right you're asking what's better to practice with, from what i've herd it doesn't really matter. what ever is comfortable to you is the right way. there is no Exact way you have to hold your poi...

\

but i probally just answered a question you weren't even asking, LOL w/e. i hope it helps... somewhat

Good better best,
Never let it rest,
Until your good be better,
And your better best!!!!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Most people prefer their forefinger, some use their middle. Even if the handles are single finger loops, many people use two or even three fingers (when using three it is common to wrap the handle in between the fingers).

It's just whatever feels the most comfortable to you, however I've not heard of anyone using the ring finger on its own, though it doesn't mean its not right, just not common.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
In my opinion, you have a better feel and sense of control with index/middle finger conbination because you are so used to using the index finger for various daily tasks. With Middle/Ring, you get a better overall strength and symetry with the poi directily in line with your forearms. My humble theory. tongue

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

dawn2duskBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
When I used poi with handles (once upon a time... rolleyes) I started with middle/ring fingers cause I found it better to control the parallelysm of my left-hand and right-hand circles and that made easier the movements of my wrists. Then I started not to use handles and I wrap chains, cords, socks on my hands smile

***Feelings are anarchist - I feel - I am an anarchist***