Page:
Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
We've moved into a nice house with a fairly decent sized garden and because it's rented i've been looking into outdoor firepits, to save wrecking the grass.

Here is one i've been looking at:

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/pa...2Bchimeneas.htm

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with these and what they thought of them. I'm looking into it so that i could have a fire in the back garden but wouldn't ruin the grass. I thought it would be ideal for late night BBQ's and also small meets...

Anything i should know about them? How long do they stay hot for after, are they transportable...that sort of thing.

Any alternative ideas are very welcome, although i'm very keen on the aesthetic (sp?) side of it.

Gayle.....!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Silly tossers....remember that term "variations in style"
Speaking of style did you guys make Lindas giraffepoi?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
yep biggrin

why, they haven't died have they?

Gayle.....!

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
I know a very good way to make a cheap fire pit if anyone is interested in NOT spending megga spondoolies on one.
Go to your local scrappy or washing machine repair dood and get yourself the drum from the inside of a washer......you will recognise it when you see it as a very shiny metal thing with lots of holes in and it will yell out to you.....'I WANNA BE A FIRE PIT!!!'
Anyway once you have found it you need to come up with a way of elevating it off the ground. Im not posh so I use bricks or large stones, but you could get some one to weld some legs onto it and there you have your very own fire pit, you can also put a griddle/rack over the opening and cook on it!!

Angie x

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Page: