Forums > Social Chat > Just in case.....Apologies..

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
HOOOOOOOOOLD Ooooon.I prematurely posted..This was suspose to be a list of three small Smart-ass jokes...The prisoner one: and two others...Granted the prisoner one was a little touchy, but i figured the other two would smooth it out....i need to learn how to copy and paste better.But it did generate some decent conversation...By no means was i trying to offend anyone ...Especially you Pele. If there is a former inmate i have a problem with...it would be my father. He tended to spend more time in jail than taking care of my mom and I. My sincerest apologies to anyone that this might have hurt.that post shows the beauty of this board and the people on it...Somewhere else this would have reallly gotten out of hand, but here it just stayed very calm with no flame wars...everyone should spin, it would make the world a better place..Ill watch my posts a little better in the future peeps..if anyone has picked up anyhting about me in the last few months it is i am all about the lighter-side of any issue. That post was done with tongue in cheek & Not meant to be serious, of course that would have been easier to aknwoledge if the other three jokes were posted with it as planned.. I have a hard time with identifying what offends people, because i am not really sure what offends me, Also because i dont take too many things serious. That combined with being a fairly passive person, i think makes me a little ignorant to what would rub someone the wrong way..I was sent home in 10th grade because one of my friends said a sentence with the word "Penis" in it. The teacher came down on him and told him not to say it anymore. Our security officer just happened to be in the room, and told the class, that if we say something, and someone finds it offensive, we can be ticketed if they file a report and possible arrested.Then i said, "all he said was penis, how can you get put in jail for saying a medical term"Apparently she my teacher was very offended, and i was wrote up & sent home..hers the irony..i was serious and was not making a joke when i said that...(Super shrugs shoulders)Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Wow Supe, You were almost describing me there! Something you said struck me though. Your post was laced with apologies for the previous thread. But you also acknowledged the goodness that came out of it. smile From that you were able to see how special of a group all we twirlers are who can broach such a controvertial subject and come out unscathed! winkSo I dig. That was a good feeling. Maybe you should draw out some more crazy topics outa that brain o' yours. ------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I agree smileAnd Supe..babe..you didn't offend me------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Boy O Boy!I don't know what you said in the jokes, but I accept your Apology! smile Don't worry I say some really stupid things some times too, But Like my Mother told me as a child, "Learn From Your Mistakes." Move on.

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!