PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Bungling intelligence prior to Sept. 11, conducting an illegal war based on faulty information, multibillion-dollar no-bid contracts to Halliburton, corporate welfare for oil companies who just reported record profits, reducing personal liberties and wasting money via the Patriot Act, turning a $236 billion surplus into a $480 billion deficit, spying, fake news reports, fake reporters, blatant lies, deception, manipulation, and now, a pathetically irresponsible reaction to a national emergency like Katrina.

Out of curiosity, what would it take for Congress to agree that Bush should be impeached? How many transgressions does it take these? Is it 37 strikes and you're out?

Does Bush have to be caught on camera orally raping a 6-year-old girl while stabbing an Army vet with a crucifix and giving the order to nuke Disney World?

Richard Nixon was impeached for criminal actions and attempts to interfere with the election process. Either action would probably have been grounds for impeachment, but it was probably the criminal nature of the offense that made it so abhorrent.

For Bill Clinton, the impeachment attempt was made on the grounds that he "lied under oath". Indeed, a truthful answer to that question would have destroyed his family--which is why his approval rating went up after he took the stand.

The Governer of California was recently recalled for simply being in office at a time when the state was raped by Enron and it's energy-utilitiy accomplices. They manufactured an energy shortage, jacked up prices, and screwed Californians left & right. The extortion decimated the treasury and depressed California's economy for what may turn out to be decades. Arguably, none of this was under Governor Grey Davis' control. He was impeached as much for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as for any other reason.

So my question is: What will it take to get Dubya out of office? confused

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Str8JakitDealing in Perception & Probability
135 posts

Posted:
i have raised this question to my friends and family several times. i don't think there is any one answer. the problem in my opinion, is that we have a republican house AND senate. the checks and balances that are set up, are basicaly rendered useless. anything the republicans put into a bill gets passed it seems. and again i feel it's becasue the house and senate are majority republican.

Legal and illegal are a point of view. All that matters is morality.

If there's a shadow in your life, then there is also sunshine. Perception is everything.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Does Bush have to be caught on camera orally raping a 6-year-old girl while stabbing an Army vet with a crucifix and giving the order to nuke Disney World?

Richard Nixon was impeached for criminal actions and attempts to interfere with the election process. Either action would probably have been grounds for impeachment, but it was probably the criminal nature of the offense that made it so abhorrent.

I think you've missed the point. It's not so much what you do as who it pisses off.

Nixon was implicated in spying on Democrats... Democrats have a lot of buisness support (though obviously not as much as the Republicans).

At a similar time it was revealed that the CIA had been not only spying on, but assinating members of far left american political parties and the black panthers. Unlike Watergate this barely caused a stir. Why? Because lefties and blacks don't have powerful friends such as media conglomerate owners, lawyers and captains of industry.

So however many Katrinas, Guantanamo Bays, and no-bid contracts Bush presides over he's safe.

On the other hand if he suddenly made a serious stand against corporate crime he'd last no time at all.

God Bless America

with Bush in charge you guys need all the help you can get

ubblol

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: Prometheus

Probably not. He'd just say that the 6yo girl was...um...a terrorist operative, the Army vet was a muslim, and the crucifix wasn't real and that Disney World is run by Al-Qaeda.

I think he'd have to be caught having gay sex.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
basically we just hafta hope that his bungling will ruin the republicans chances in the next election.

but it won't. Cheney obviously won't be running for reelection, so whoever the republicans choose, will be able to put distance between himself and this administration.

all the scandals in the hierarchy of the republicans can't be helping either.

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
hug2

For everyone living under an oppressive regime styling itself as freedom and democracy.

I thought it had been decided that Hilary is going to be the next President?

Getting to the other side smile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh go doc! Get your ninja gear on, brake into the white house and seduce Bush! You have to do it! Its for the good of America!!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Oprah for President! biggrin

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Oh go doc! Get your ninja gear on, brake into the white house and seduce Bush! You have to do it! Its for the good of America!!

Non-Https Image Link

-Mike

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

Written by: Brit_Joe

Non-Https Image Link

Hey that's my old avatar! biggrin Where's the VW van that should be running him over huh huh!?! ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Dunc, got it off a massive smileys page somewhere.

Hey, Dunc...do YOU want to seduce Bush? umm

-Mike