Forums > Social Chat > Life Changing Decisions

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Recently i've been seeing my future completely different then a few years ago. I keep seeing myself in a different life then I once saw. For example I once saw myself living in a big barn house in 10 years time, now I see myself in a big canal boat. I once imagined myself owning a home develop business like my mother, now I see myself as a private IT and Guitar teacher. I don't know what's making these decisions. Prehap's it's the book's i'm reading or the changes in my life. Can anyone relate to this? Have anyone of you had good changes in your life to how you once imagined it.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Jeff, calling someone immature will always make you sound like you're taking the moral highground, and that is, at best a subjective opinion.

It doesn't matter if people think you're right or not. The reason that people call you "patronising" is the fact that you assume you have the higher ground and no other way is correct.

Anyway, you know I'm not having a go, and I don't think we need to take this off topic any more. this is just my opint of view about the whole thing, and I'm not talking for anyone else. Blah blah blah, you get the point.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

278 posts

Posted:
I have just finished talking to Chris, he appoligised for what it's worth, can't say it make's me feel better to hear "sorry" but it make's me feel better to know that he's warned. I'm not going any further with Chris, on my side I got no reason to lay a finger on him, as long as he doesn't touch Amy again as I told him to.

I want to thank everyone who has given their opinion. Even now I don't agree what has been all said, but it make's sense that it's not worth beating a man senseless to make myself feel better.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Great to hear it Thumper, good call! I am impressed. It is not easy to move from anger to discussion, but so worth it. Talking will get your message across, so hopefully his behaviour will change.

Now, you and Amy can get on to working out your stuff, and enjoying each other!

Yay!
Best Wishes!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sym

Jeff, calling someone immature will always make you sound like you're taking the moral highground, and that is, at best a subjective opinion.

In this case I think it was justified, as the alternative was violence. I didn't want to take the moral highground or anything, I just wanted to try and avert a situation that Thumperabbit would have regretted for years to come. If it came accoss as anything else I apologise to all involved.

Written by: Thumperabbit

I have just finished talking to Chris, he appoligised for what it's worth, can't say it make's me feel better to hear "sorry" but it make's me feel better to know that he's warned. I'm not going any further with Chris, on my side I got no reason to lay a finger on him, as long as he doesn't touch Amy again as I told him to.

I'm happy you were able to deal with this peacfully, I was very worried after reading your other posts. I hope you didn't go ahead and threaten him though, but peace is peace in the end.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
way to go!!!!

there's a whole saga written out here on how, if you're a good person at heart you can move from feelings of agression and wanting to hit someone through discussion, and resolving the problem. you are back with your girlfriend and her 'friend' has been put in his place.

yay for intellegant reasoning!! i hope you feel good about this - you deserve to. if only more people thought about their deicsions as carefully and responsibly as this. it makes me very happy to read. smile

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

278 posts

Posted:
I actualy hope that Chris has listened properly. I ment what I said to him. "I have no reason to hit you from this point on, but if I ever hear you've touched amy again, I'll break every single one of your fingers"

He had said sorry before it got to the point of me saying that. I don't think me and amy will have any problem's from him again.

Oh, and everything feel's exactly like it did before all this happened.

Amy's staying over my place friday night, we're going to have breakfest in bed the next morning while watching fairly odd parents biggrin

1,189 posts

Posted:
It sound like he was genuinly sorry, I don't think it was right to say that to him. frown

Situations of this kind are going to happen again and you can't go through life treatening people like that.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Oh for chrissakes I am so sick of this shite...I wasn't having a damn go at you read the whole damn post....I said there is either something wrong OR YOU ARE VERY STABLE IN IT!!!

Which by the way is a good thing...means you trust your partner enough...

grrr....why can't anyone learn to read the whole thing first? or maybe clarify what was being said before getting all peed off.

LahuKalennewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Yay Thumper!! Well done for not hitting him.

I'm with Jeff that threats still aren't really necessary and that you will have to learn to deal with future conflicts without using threats...but still, I'm proud of you for not resorting to violence this time.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'm glad you confronted but didn't hit this guy- resorting to violence (or threats of violence) will only end up hurting more people than the person intended.

Well done for not letting your anger win; after fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate will lead you to the dark side wink

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You could dump mango chutney all over him...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

1,189 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

You could dump mango chutney all over him...

That's not the perfect answer to everything for us Doc... wink
Written by: Medusa

Oh for chrissakes I am so sick of this shite...I wasn't having a damn go at you read the whole damn post....I said there is either something wrong OR YOU ARE VERY STABLE IN IT!!!

Written by: Medusa

OMG jeff...if you have no problem with your girl kissing other people there is something wrong there....maybe your relationship isn't that serious or maybe you are very stable in it....but if the person I was seeing kissed someone else I would flip...

Your post looks extremely bad as it stands. Grammatically the way it reads now is that you think there is a problem with my relationship and that you also think that it may be frivilous or very stable, but not that you thought that these would imply that nothing is wrong.

I'm willing to accept that you didn't mean for it to read that way and it's just bad grammer that it does. hug

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
oh grow up. really, you know exatly what medusa meant. stop winding people up. there are people on here writing in CAPITALS who i'v never seen get stressy. let's not cause more arguments than we have to shall we? smile

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

1,189 posts

Posted:
Umm, that's essentially what I was saying in my post...umm

The way medusa's post read was different from what she intended it to mean. I accepted that and I want to move on. I made that last post because medusa was swearing at me so I wanted to explain why I wrote what I did so we could put this behind us.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Bad grammer?

I read her post and understood perfectly what she said...

But maybe my grammer is bad too so it made more sense ot me...

Love is the law.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... I'd also take the "there is something wrong there" as meaning that there's something wrong there. As in, even if it's a stable relationship, it's just not right. But hey, I know Jeff and his gf and I think everything's alright there hug

I suppose it's a matter of definitions. Especially in hippy groups like the Edinburgh spinners you have to define what goes too far and stick to it. If it's okay to kiss people at parties, fine, and if it's an "absolutely not"-agreement about kissing someone else, then whoever does it has to live with the consequences smile Like after the Beltane festival, for some folks here it's okay to kiss everyone they've performed with, and others don't. I found last year that I had formed such strong ties with my group, that even weeks after I kissed some of them when I saw them... and it was very obvious to all involved that this was a sign of respect and friendship-love (as opposed to pure sexual attraction) between us. Though I understand everyone who feels this is wrong... it just doesn't necessarily mean that there is, just that people's ideas of what's allowed, or how far they trust their partners, differ.

Well, Thumperabbit, I think you've made a good decision over all (and unlike everybody else I also think the threat, as long as it's not actually carried out, might not be the worst idea for a repeat culprit like Chris who doesn't seem to take no as an answer from Amy). Thanks for letting everyone convince you to try it with words, and good luck for you and Amy hug

Also keep in mind that while she knew the game, she might have trusted people in it, so it would've been a mistake and not something done on purpose. That she lied was bad, but she told the truth in the end knowing what the consequences might be because she obviously cares about you a lot, and that's what counts smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

278 posts

Posted:
She did mention that she trusts her friends. But I don't. Most of the girls encorage her to drink, the guy's try and kiss her. And Chris has just made me even more untrusting with her friends. But I understand what you mean.

This may sound strange, but all what has happened between me and Amy may actualy have been good for us. We are like what were were like when we first started going out. I personaly am the happiest i've been in the last year. Yes i've always been in a happy relationship for the last 21 months, but this feels like a wake up call for us. We've been treating each other with more respect, we're more loving to each other now, we're messing around like we used to. Everything actualy feel's much better then it was.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Great smile Sometimes a problem makes you more aware of what you might lose, and why you don't want to lose it...

I'm sure it was a wake up call for her concerning her friends, or at least the one of them, too...

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
today is necrobump day...

apparently because it's running through my head for some time now:

what would have happened, if... ?
if I made this decision back then or what will happen if I make that decision tomorrow.

Two days ago I had the chance to talk to my ex² girlfriend... we've been together 18 years ago and she's now married with two children. On the phone her voice sounds all the same as back then.

I'm in a relationship myself now, so seeing my ex² is not for any reason but seeing a person that I once loved a very lot. She showed her 12yr old daughter one of my promo vids and her daughter was psyched: "YOU have been together with HIM?" She's been quite impressed because she only knows her mom sitting behind the computer...

Just now I watched a movie preview and tonight ... in fact in 2 hrs from now I will watch this movie... Mr. Nobody...

Ever considered what your life would have turned out like, if you would have taken a different road?

I mean - most of you have more of a road to look ahead than to look back on... but then again - one never knows when the final curtain falls

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
If I had said a simple yes I would've been and might still be with the most amazing person I've ever known in my life. After 4 years I still can't get over her. But back then I was so socially inept I would just freeze when people talked to me.

If I had said a simple yes I would most likely be in a position where I can say I am legitimately happy. I have looked back at that time of possibility for years. It caused me to wait on her for 3 years until I decided I just couldn't do it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

HeedMay the fires of this world always burn bright!
38 posts

Posted:
Wow I read this whole thing without looking at the dates... almost made a mistake again by responding to a post 4+ years old lol...

The more enlightened man thinks he is the more foolish he proves himself to be.

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
don't worry about it. Necro-posting is fun. Just remember to say Klaatu Verata Necktie first tongue2

Just a dancer in the dark

HeedMay the fires of this world always burn bright!
38 posts

Posted:
I can never remember that... oh well I just say something close and it will work tongue2

The more enlightened man thinks he is the more foolish he proves himself to be.

Page: