Forums > Social Chat > Life Changing Decisions

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Recently i've been seeing my future completely different then a few years ago. I keep seeing myself in a different life then I once saw. For example I once saw myself living in a big barn house in 10 years time, now I see myself in a big canal boat. I once imagined myself owning a home develop business like my mother, now I see myself as a private IT and Guitar teacher. I don't know what's making these decisions. Prehap's it's the book's i'm reading or the changes in my life. Can anyone relate to this? Have anyone of you had good changes in your life to how you once imagined it.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I don't know how I expected to be at 19, but I know what you mean about seeing different things for the future. I have so many different ideas I see myself as and have to keep telling myself to do what my heart tells me to do, not society or family expectations.

And bad changes are only bad because you make them bad. I think that whatever comes, to make the most of it. and if it doesnt seems as good at first, then change it again and try to turn it around.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
When I was 6 I wanted to be an architecht or physicist or something, but my mum said I had to be a rock star, and in secondary school I decided playing music in would be a lot more fun than sitting behind a computer for 8 hours a day. Took quite a while to set in though, it wasn't a moment of clarity or anything.

Empress KylonGOLD Member
28 posts

Posted:
hey there i know exactly how you feel, i'm only 20 but have had a change in focus a few times now. The best thing is to talk to heaps of people about it and make sure that you feel it in your heart, feeling it in your heart is real important. I made the wrong choice and am currently doing a degree which i have lost complete interest in, buts thats life.

My advice: Follow what truly feels right.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i had no plans, then in january i defered from a nursing degree, now i dont know if i want to do it at all so i have no plans again, yay........

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

278 posts

Posted:
Yet another decision to decide. Me and my girlfriend Amy broke up on Sunday night after a 21 month relationship. Let me give you the etire story.

I believe everyone here has heard or tried "Passing the ice cube". For those who don't know what it is, it starts off with one person holding a ice cube between their lip's, then the aim of the game is to pass the ice cube to the person next to you using your tongue.

My girlfriend decided to try this game with a couple of her friends. At first she told me she didn't have a clue what the game was and it was her first try. Then after her first round one of her guy friends went too far and kissed her, where she backed off. This I got very angry at, as for ages I had said I didn't trust her friends, now my suspisions were proven right.

Later on in the evening after she told me this I asked some more questions about what had happened. She then changed her story and said that she had a couple of try's. This had completely infuriated me. She had changed her story from not knowing what the game was to having her round passing a few times. At this point I was shouting and punching random door's and walls of my bedroom.

What I don't understand is how she could lie to me about the situation. Then after all this, before she even told me about this, she came back to my home, kissed me, laid next to me in my bed and not tell me? This just made my stomach turn over several times, it still does now.

Last night I broke up with her after knowing the new story. I love her more then I even understand it. But I can't be with someone that I can't trust and can't bare to touch because someone else has. The relationship would never work that way. Amy has convinced me to meet up with her later on today, she want's to talk about what happened. It won't change anything, but maybe we can still be friends. But in the time until then.

I plan to find this guy Chris Thomas (the guy that kissed Amy) I plan to find him and crush his face into the ground. He knew perfectly well that Amy was in a relationship. I don't care if he was one of Amy's old school friends, he's caused too much to happen for me to let it go.

I know Amy isn't the innocent one in all this. It was all her fault for going into the stupid bloody game. She say's she loved me, but how can she when she went into the game? After she knew what it involved. I would never go into a game like that. Never!

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
stop.

take 3 deep breaths and count to ten.

do you think punching this guy is really going to help anything? think about the consequenses before considering assaulting someone.

give yourself an hour to calm down, perhaps spin your poi a bit, then come back, read your post again, and think about it.

its when we act purely on our emotions - especially anger - that its all too easy to get fired up and make irrational mistakes we later regret.

hug E
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1141649382)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Seriously, you need to calm down.

Can I point out a few things:

1. she told you in the first place so she obviously feels for you enough to tell you about it (which is more decency than some people have to go through by finding out by other means!)

2. Violence is not going to solve anything.

3. I understand that you are angry but seriously she backed off, she told her friend no, wouldn't that show that she was thinking of you when she did that!

4. Sometimes humans do stupid things for which they end up regretting.

5. You need to get anger management sorted out, to me it sounds like you have taking a running, flying leap right into the deep end.

278 posts

Posted:
I have talked to my girlfriend. We are now back together. I told her about how she has completely lost my trust. If she had the slightest amount of respect for my feelings or loved me in the slightest she wouldn't even have considered going into that kind of game. She told me she assumed it would be alright because she didn't expect her "Friend" to do that. I found out that Chris had tried this before, both with Amy and other female friends. This changes nothing. Me and Amy are going to try and start up where we left off.

Yes punching this guy is seriously going to help. My friend's are backing me 100% with this. My girlfriend has accepted that this is what I have to do. What would you guy's do if someone kissed your partner after knowing they were in a relationship? I'm sure you guy's would feel the same. This guy has it coming, he should have thought about this before making his move.

You guy's have to bare in mind, I love Amy more then I ever could have imagined. She is everything to me. But to think of anyone touching her like Chris did, it make's me physicaly sick.

Amy only told me as soon as she did because I knew something had happened. Amy left me for a day and a half before telling me what happened. In that time only the worst thing's possible were flying through my head of what she had to tell me.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: Thumperabbit

Yes punching this guy is seriously going to help. My friend's are backing me 100% with this. My girlfriend has accepted that this is what I have to do. What would you guy's do if someone kissed your partner after knowing they were in a relationship? I'm sure you guy's would feel the same. This guy has it coming, he should have thought about this before making his move.

Your friends quite frankly have buggar all in this.
And if my mates egged me on to punched somebody because I was angry with them, I wouldn't consider them friends at all.

You bear that in mind.

278 posts

Posted:
My friend's aren't or have egged me on, they just won't think me any less of a friend by doing what i'm going to do.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
What you are planning is deliberate assault, with premeditation. You will hurt someone, maybe more than one person, risk being hurt yourself, and will likely, if anyone has any brains in this situation, get legally charged with assault. Oh joy, a violent criminal record. Like that that will facilitate any of the life plans you are busily creating....

To top it off, if I was your girlfriend, I would break up with you because I could not bear to be involved with a violent man who can not control his temper or his ego. You would not be a person I respect. Would she want the hands that consciously and unnecessarily hurt someone to then caress her body? I think not. Grotesque.

Any which way, if you hit him, you are the biggest loser.

Grow up, a dumb game passing ice cubes by mouth, and an inadvertant kiss do not matter. Attacking someone will.

Deal with your anger in a better way: write, dance, go outside alone and yell, sing, draw, spin, run, climb a mountain, punch a punching bag in a gym if you really can not manage any other way... but you can and should do better than hitting some poor sod who tried to cop a kiss from a friend.

And to think you started with a discussion about the nature and origin of life changing decisions. Maybe you should count this as one, and choose wisely.

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

drewjitsuBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
violence begets violence, my friend...be the bigger man and stop the cycle.

with all the suffering going on in the world today, do you really want to add more?

focus on your relationships that matter, not this random guy who you could care less about.

278 posts

Posted:
I have respected the feelings and emotion's of my girlfriend from the moment and even before we started going out. This is the first time i've cared about my feeling's and emotions before hers. If what you say is true, she wouldn't be able to bare knowing what my hands have done to that man, think about how I feel, knowing that her lips have touched about 3-4 other men while playing that game. How can I kiss her knowing that? This is why i'm going to do what that i'm going to do to Chris. Because I know that he has touched Amy in a way that I can't even forgive her for. What did she expect was going to happen in a game like that with a load of drunk guys. This is why i'm going to hurt Chris. This is why the trust between me and Amy is going to take so long to re-build.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
From what you're saying it sounds like your girlfriend is causing just as much frustration as this guy has.

I know how difficult situations like this can be when in a relationship as I had something similar if not actually quite a bit worse happen with my girlfriend of 2 years back in 2003. I was absolutely furious- I am absolutely the kind of person to avoid any confrontation but I was so insensed that I did physically confont this guy BUT, and this is crucial, I DID NOT go looking for a fight, nor would I have been willing to participate in one. My mere presence and obvious anger was enough to send a clear signal that this wasn't acceptable behaviour.

Hitting this guy will only lead to more difficulty, possibly trust issues with your girlfriend, and you may end up getting hurt, prosecuted (as mentioned above, you have, by posting here given clear intentions and therefore premeditated assault). What if you go and hit this guy and then get beaten up by the same guy retaliating? What is that going to do for your self-esteem?

You are being very irrational, allowing your head to boil over and losing sight of what matters. If this guy is the menace you claim, your friends, if they are such, should show some solidarity and make it clear they don't want to be in the company of someone that makes advances on other peoples girlfriends.

Be the adult, make a mature, rational decision and resist the temptation to lash out.

LahuKalennewbie
20 posts

Posted:

This is why i'm going to do what that i'm going to do to Chris. Because I know that he has touched Amy in a way that I can't even forgive her for. What did she expect was going to happen in a game like that with a load of drunk guys. This is why i'm going to hurt Chris. This is why the trust between me and Amy is going to take so long to re-build.

Wow...um...wow.

You sound like a great boyfriend. NOT.

Seriously dude, first of all, listen to yourself. Your thoughts are all screwed up and all over the place. You're going to hurt him for something SHE did. You can't trust her because of something HE did. Clearly you're not even thinking straight right now.

Also, if you cannot trust her again, why are you even with her? Don't tell me it's because you love her, because otherwise you would forgive her. Yes, it was not a nice thing for her to do, but people do make mistakes and there are many worse ones she could have made! But if you really really can't forgive her or trust her again - why pursue the relationship? If the trust is gone then let go and move on, but don't continue on with this huge burden because that is going to lead to you holding a constant grudge which she is going to be forever guilty for, and that is not a good basis for a relationship.

As for Chris - forget about him! They say the best revenge is living well so go out and live bloody well and don't give him another thought. Clearly you're a better guy than he is - YOU don't go round trying to cop kisses from other peoples' girlfriends - but if you insist on going and hitting him, not only will you not be a better guy than he but you will be a worse guy, because I would rather hang out with a guy who tries to kiss other peoples' girlfriends than a guy who goes around hitting people who cross him any day.

278 posts

Posted:
I am at the state of mind that I don't care for being prosecuted or even losing the fight. But no partner of the other girl's that Chris has kissed has lashed out, who say's that this won't happen again, maybe not with my girlfriend but someone elses. I perfectly understand what everyone here has said, I understand it 100%. This is someone I have to do. He was tried to come onto Amy in the past before we were going out, even then Amy said no to him. And yet he still persists with trying to kiss her. If I don't do something this time he will try it again. I am certain of it.

278 posts

Posted:
Amy went into the game, he kissed her. Yes I admid Amy was stupid to think that nothing would happen, but none of this would had happened if it weren't for chris. And I don't know if you read properly, but the trust was lost because she lied to me about what happened. That is why the trust was lost.

LahuKalennewbie
20 posts

Posted:
I want to apologise for the harshness my first response, it came out meaner than I meant to (sorry, have been hanging out at Livejournal and people are kinda brunt there... smile ).

But still, hitting him = not cool. And if the trust is lost, why continue with the relationship?

278 posts

Posted:
I love her. That is my only response. I believe that she wouldn't ever cheat on me, but where the trust was lost is that she lied the first time to spare my feelings and anger. Amy is staying with me in Friday night. That will calm me down tremendiously.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Well, if you love Amy - work on saving the relationship and working out your trust issues together, not punching some other guys lights out. Amy (if she's a reasonable girl) won't appreciate that and will probably mean that you lose her forever.

Good Luck!

meditate and hug

Gayle.....!

278 posts

Posted:
You lot are right. I try not to be a angry or violent person. I scared Amy enough by punching a hole through my bedroom door. I don't want to be that kind of person. I'm not that kind of person. I won't hurt the guy. But I will warn him. And if he does touch Amy again, I will break both his arms.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
You can never be responsible for or control someone else's behaviour, you can only deal with your own. And you are heading into serious danger here.

I am quite prepared to be blunt and brutal on this. Stop acting like a total idiot.

Your girlfriend stuffed up. Either forgive her or leave her. Neither of you will be happy in a relationship based on guilt.

Chris has stuffed up, and from the sounds of it frequently. Be angry, that is allowed. However don't you bloody well dare allow it to ruin your life. If you must confront him about this, tell him with words not with fists. Cos from the sounds of it none of the others he has tried this with have done that.

Don't just be the tougher man, be the smarter man.

Edit: You posted at the same time as me. Breaking of arms = bad. wink
EDITED_BY: Rozi (1141733798)

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

278 posts

Posted:
I'm sure it won't come to that after I warn him.

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:

I'm sure it won't come to that after I warn him.

You're about 17 or 18 and so are your friends I'm guessing.

What you are proposing is indescribably infantile and immature. Both me and my girlfiend have kissed other guys before we met and occasionaly during partys after we got together. We love each other and neither of us bats an eyelid when it happens. It's not a bit deal and obsessing over it does noone any good.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
how very patronising of you Jeff, and how very unhelpful.
Thumper, I'm with the others, try and calm down a bit, and just focus on your love for Amy, not on your hatred and angre toward the doofus guy. hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
OMG jeff...if you have no problem with your girl kissing other people there is something wrong there....maybe your relationship isn't that serious or maybe you are very stable in it....but if the person I was seeing kissed someone else I would flip...

Mind you I still think that violence is not the answer and Thumperrabbit needs to get some serious anger management help.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
If you want to let of some steam go to the gym and thwack a punchbag, you don't have to put yourself in the wrong. Nobody ever needs to lash out at anyone.

You obviously just want to protect her, so let out your anger in a posotive way not a negative way.

You still have you girl don't you? Celebrate it biggrin

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

278 posts

Posted:
I have said, i'm not going to hit him, merely warn him. That's all i'm going to do. Me and my girlfriend are back together, I'm trying to keep it that way. I will only hurt Chris is he tries anythign on Amy after i've warned him. I don't want to frighten Amy anymore then I have already. We're going to try and start off were we left. I have calmed down after taking on board your opinions and those of my friends. Your all right, I should be a bigger man then Chris.
EDITED_BY: Thumperabbit (1141738452)

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:

And if he does touch Amy again, I will break both his arms.

We can assume this is an over exaggeration then ?
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1141744264)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Written by: jo_rhymes

how very patronising of you Jeff, and how very unhelpful.

I wasn't being patronising I was criticising his violent reaction to what was probably a silly game. I said nothing that hadn't been put forward before. Violence is never the solution and his attitude to the whole thing was entirly innapropriate, immature and over the top.

Written by: Medusa

OMG jeff...if you have no problem with your girl kissing other people there is something wrong there....maybe your relationship isn't that serious or maybe you are very stable in it....but if the person I was seeing kissed someone else I would flip...

Firstly, you shouldn't judge my relationship when you are privvy to none of the details. There is absolutly nothing wrong with my relationship and I would hold my tongue before saying there is something wrong with it again. mad

Secondly, the 'kisses' weren't in any way serious and were thus like the kiss described earlier, which is why I brought them up. I didn't flip out like Thumper Rabbit was threatening too. If I was uncomfortable with it I would have camley discussed the matter with those involved, rather than smashing faces. Mabey I have the maturity of a hundred year old, but that is what I would do.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Page: