Forums > Social Chat > Myspace *expletive* sucks

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Maybe it's not a good sign, but sometimes it really does feel like the whole universe is conspiring to make me as miserable as possible, like how yesterday I decided to get an account on Myspace.com, seeing as it would help me to feel better about myself if I got to meet more people, even if it is just online.

So I pick out a username, and set about writing a whole load of stuff about myself that hopefully won't put people off the idea of having anything to do with me. After a couple of hours re-reading and tweaking it I'm happy enough, and sign off to go and make some photos a bit more webable.

The trouble comes when I try and sign in again to upload the pictures. Username and password go into the little, boxes. I click on the little 'login' button. And I get a screen telling me I must be logged in to do this.

OK, so maybe I typed the password in wrong, so I try again a couple of times. Still no. Maybe I typed it in wrong when I made the account, so I click on the 'forgot password' button, and go check my email. Nope, the password is just as I entered it. Check the help page, clear cookies and cache, try again. Nope.

By now I've been getting 'verification' requests too, as I've had so many failed logins, so I've got to type in some characters from a wobbly image. After a few more tries it tells me my account doesn't exist any more.

Why do I -ing bother.

Maybe I should have just got on and done the work I've been meaning to on my own webserver. I've payed for a domain name, and can do stuff with it that almost makes Myspace.com look like a waste of time anyway, except I'm not going to meet anyone having a homepage sitting all on it's own in the middle of cyberspace.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
It does say on the guy's page that he's an IT manager, so he obviously doesn't have a clue when it comes to computers, is probably a worshipper at the church of Bill Gates, and thinks MS Frontpage and Paint are the finest web design tools created.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
you could read anything on that page?!? ubblol i couldn't focus my vision!

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
ive had this problem
ok so get them to send you your password and just copy and paste it as needed and it should work smile

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
i think my spacre is ace for the fact im in the music business and i find a lot of worthwhile bands through my space and also follow a few and am part of a community called the dish.

as for emo i think its ok not my cup of tea but at the end of the day wasnt there a post about stereo typing once and people was saying it isnt right to stereo type and yet its happening with emo kids???

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
"wasnt there a post about stereo typing once and people was saying it isnt right to stereo type and yet its happening with emo kids??? "

They kinda play into it though, don't they?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
no one deserves to be stereo typed

everyone should learn to respect each others choice as long as they are doing no harm with it then why have to say there preferences are crap cause they arent to your preference?

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
dont you love all the peoples photos? i mean, talk about vanity. i swear at least 90% of the photos must be self taken.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
myspace is ok, it gets on my tittys all the lame quizzes that clog up the bulletin board but like dani says it's good for bands and stuff.

i'm loving the life4land page and ed cox has some crazy tunes ubblol

if you think myspace is for vain people mr majestic check out www.dontstayin.com

i regret registering on there redface

10,530 posts

Posted:
So like.... a week ago, I would have agreed with the topic title. Oh yes. I was fairly anti-myspace. Then a mate persuaded me (after a month of nagging, it seems) to finally get one.

And I like it.

Of course, in another week I'll hate it 'cos I'll still only have 13 friends and complain bitterly about how little friends I have.

wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You'll soon complain about how you have TOO MANY friends. Some of whom are complete strangers you've never spoken to whom you had just put the numbers up but then want to delete because they haven't actually spoken to you as they just wanted a higher number of friends...

Quality Henry not quantity...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh the irony of joining myspace cos a friend forced you wink

(but i can't talk, cos thats why i joined too! ubblol)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
awww Rave,, i like those quizzes,, good way to kill 20 minutes and occasionally you learn something biggrin

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
you learn more in the real world, life lessons...................better than any quiz and more fun than filling out some pointless questionnaire tongue

1,363 posts

Posted:
I do that too,, but sometimes you can't get out and do that 'life' thing of which you speak because that 'work' thing gets in the way,, so online quizzes fill the time wink well it beats actually working while you in the office eh wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
then why be a slave to the wage, constrained by the chains of mental slavery, come join the socioty to break the chains clean off socioty biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"then why be a slave to the wage"

Cos otherwise we dont have any money to spend on food. and clothes. and a house. and parafin.

tongue

1,363 posts

Posted:
don't forget travel wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
work to live by all means but DON'T live to work!!!!

1,363 posts

Posted:
agreed dude,, my days of that are long in the past,, have no fear of that biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I dont. biggrin
I only work two weeks a month.. and have a full salary nana

7,193 posts

Posted:
can i have your job ucof ubblol

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
frown i still dont get exactly what you do UCOF, but it sounds like my dream job biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
all you myspace haters out there will be happy to know that its down at the moment due to database problems!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I hate it, yet im unhappy that it is down.
Those who do like it cant get to it.
I feel bad for them.

shrug

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I dont understand... mines working fine. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
mmm i wrote me pssaowrd down loads and its put in my head....does it have a lock caps sensitive part like; Emma if thats the case then you have solved it hehe and aimee i detest that not everyone on there are teenagers with studded belts....i dont have a studded belt anymore...threw mine away

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: DevilsArmy

i detest that not everyone on there are teenagers with studded belts.

You'd prefer that everyone on myspace was a teenager with a studded belt?

How bizarre.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

10,530 posts

Posted:
I\'m a teenager with a studded belt.

Badass biggrin

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
*has never owned a studded belt* am i missing out? i would have thought that the weight of the studs would haul your trousers down, not hold them up, i fail to see the point...

....i must be old before my time... smile

but then i don't think this man owns a studded belt either, isn't it strange that he'd want to own myspace... umm

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think the weight is to hold them down, to allow the correct display of one's CKs. You have to adopt a John Wayne style walk though, to stop them dropping to your ankles.

And to think we thought the fashions of the 60s/70s/80s looked odd.

Page: