Forums > Social Chat > Myspace *expletive* sucks

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Maybe it's not a good sign, but sometimes it really does feel like the whole universe is conspiring to make me as miserable as possible, like how yesterday I decided to get an account on Myspace.com, seeing as it would help me to feel better about myself if I got to meet more people, even if it is just online.

So I pick out a username, and set about writing a whole load of stuff about myself that hopefully won't put people off the idea of having anything to do with me. After a couple of hours re-reading and tweaking it I'm happy enough, and sign off to go and make some photos a bit more webable.

The trouble comes when I try and sign in again to upload the pictures. Username and password go into the little, boxes. I click on the little 'login' button. And I get a screen telling me I must be logged in to do this.

OK, so maybe I typed the password in wrong, so I try again a couple of times. Still no. Maybe I typed it in wrong when I made the account, so I click on the 'forgot password' button, and go check my email. Nope, the password is just as I entered it. Check the help page, clear cookies and cache, try again. Nope.

By now I've been getting 'verification' requests too, as I've had so many failed logins, so I've got to type in some characters from a wobbly image. After a few more tries it tells me my account doesn't exist any more.

Why do I -ing bother.

Maybe I should have just got on and done the work I've been meaning to on my own webserver. I've payed for a domain name, and can do stuff with it that almost makes Myspace.com look like a waste of time anyway, except I'm not going to meet anyone having a homepage sitting all on it's own in the middle of cyberspace.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I get the same problem too..
But I'm not really bothered. MySpace is home to millions and millions of teenagers who all have the same studded belts, the same song lyrics tattooed on themselves, the same trousers so low down that their willy is nearly poking out, the same self potrait black and white picture of themselves taken from above etc etc. Load of poo!
I'll come visit your homepage. Although I've met you before, and spun those pretty pretty glowly things ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
let not be so quick to judge....

myspace is also a place for lots of up and coming and also well establisted bands to demo their styles, new tracks and build a fan base, along with movies, tv shows, and radio shows repeseneted on there, its a good resource, but yes at time you are right aimee, its just a group of mates who hang out in real life, hang out on there

i use it to find new music to like and listen to,

also to make sure my slow takeover of the work is going right smile

polarity, message the admins, contact them, and explain they might have an account back up...?

Step (el-nombrie)

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Emos. Thankfully I defy all attempts at stereotyping, or I'd really be worried about constantly being depressed, slightly effeminate (I prefer androgynous, or as Skully put it 'graceful'), and having a good reason to wear long sleeved shirts.

I already emailed the admins. I may do so again to suggest where they can stick their server. I think a computer may even surpass ginger beer in those situations though, and I don't feel that bad.

Perhaps I should get to work on my server, before I get nominations to be the patron saint of procrastinating.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I go on myspace quite a bit, and alot of the time it is poo, but you can also meet nice people, or just keep in touch with friends. Good luck polarity, I hope you get it sorted, and as soon as you do, add me! smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yeah theres alot of hoppers on it because if you have an msn account you also have a myspace account, did ya know that? I didnt until yesterday smile

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ooh i didnt know that. how does that work?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
thats not quite the same thing as myspace, i think.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh hold on a minute, no Im wrong...this is odd because I remember signing up for myspace and when I typed in my hotmail address it told me that that e-mail is allready being used....so how did I finish the sign up process? eek

I know I didnt enter a different e-mail address because Ive gotten friend requests sent too it...gah. Something is very wrong here confused there must be a glitch in the matrix

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
myspace sucks. What, you didnt know already? stick to msn space dudes lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

alicewonderlandBRONZE Member
Born on a green light daddy-o!!!
126 posts

Posted:
do u think that maybe u're password is case sensitive? like you might've had caps lock on or somethin'? just a shot but maybe? what's u're e-mail or your name on myspace and i can try to look you up (if you don't mind that is) , or is that the problem? I have a myspace thing too got sucked in about a couple weeks ago haha, mines kinda lame but it is fun to find all the different music, and spent mindless hours once again at work doing nothing but looking at HOP and myspace and randomly playing games and listening to music, can u believe i get paid for this lol

When you're already walking on thin ice...why not dance?

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I'd have to go and find where my caps lock key is first. I pull them off keyboards along with the left hand windows key. I think I have a little jar somewhere.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
..... it's not likely to be turned on then surely..... that left hand windows one is well annoying, it keeps interrupting my playing of duke nukem, and then when it comes back the screen split in two and duke is minute........ *sigh*

some bloke keeps inviting me to gigs on myspace, but for some reason, only ones that are miles away...... it's all very mysterious.....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think it's more likely that the server choked on all the funny symbols in my password.

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
myspace is growing a bit too quickly for its own good, but the problems will be lessening as they generate more revenue from established bands/ advertising etc.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: Uncyclopedia, re: Emo

Not to be confused with the Emergency Machine-Off button found on heavy machinery, although both provoke a strong urge to punch it to just get it to shut... up

ubblol ubblol ubblol

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
haha, I'm so emo-myspace, I started the HoP group.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I think is signed up to myspace last your but refrained from actually making anything of it because the process of making a decent one looked daunting as hell (I know you don't have to have silver bells and cell-animation on every one but I'm an artist, therefore a stubborn perfectionist)

After being egged on (i.e. peer pressure) I finally caved. (Becoming single again, thus spending more time on the net certainly helped!)

I'm good at art but I know sod all about html codes and the like so my masterpiece will be a work in progress. (DAMMIT! I want an instant zeitgeist-defining masterpiece of a homepage NOW!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I finally got it to work, and changed my password to something less likely to cause the computer equivalent of green apple splatters.

https://www.myspace.com/polar_lights

I had to use Internet Explorer, so I feel kind of dirty, and not in a good way. Any masochistic tendencies I may have don't include IE abuse wink

Now I've just got to work out how to turn the whole page into a big iframe, containing my real space. I still think myspace.com is crap for page design. Worse than Geocities was 10 years ago, when I did my first homepage smile

1,643 posts

Posted:
oh... do you have to html it? that's terribly advanced, i was expecting to find some kind of wizard thing to redesign it.... i'm too lazy to even bother with the blog bit, sod that. i got a proper website to design first biggrin

i did actually go on and update my profile earlier though, which is practically unheard of for me. however it keep me off shockwave and HoP for about quarter of an hour....

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
You could try sites like https://www.2gn.net/
and https://www.pimpmyspace.org/
(OMG), I think one of them can generate the code for you.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Grr I wanted to add pictures and colour but I am not a HTML person, omg whos seen gothfrogettes backround picture in her myspace? It hurt my fragile disco bunny eyes *crys*

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Everytime I stumble across MySpace, it makes me want to puke. Not that I've done much in the way of exploring that pile of excrement, but I've only seen one or two profiles that didn't make me instantly want to shut the browser down. Currently, I'm on tribe.net quite a bit. A generally good conglomerate of information. I'm still lookin for similar resources, but MySpace is way at the bottom of the muck barrel.

Anyways, sorry, I'm kinda in a ranting mood today.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
You mean the kind of people who's design skills would make them very popular with Satan, if he ever wanted to put sinners through makeover hell (fine example).

Sometimes the words 'domesticated primates' come to mind, then I remember that when monkeys paint it looks a whole lot better than this. Even when done with poo.

I guess I'm just being cruel because I'm a web designer who does nice simple interfaces. I thought things were bad in the old days when all people had to play with was HTML. Give them something as complicated as CSS and it's like every instrument in the orchestra has been replaced with a white noise generator.

You could always get yourself a copy of OpenBSD and view the pages with the console web browser wink

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I got totally turned off by tribe when I saw some people giving advice on fire breathing that was rather to the effect of "I wish to burn my face off so quickly I won't have a chance to feel it".

The groups on myspace at least seem less filled with stupid, or people that claim to know what they're doing when they don't. (even though it's filled with hopeless ranting) tongue

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I LOVE myspace!!! Ive met some really cool people from my area that I otherwise wouldnt have met and it allows me to keep intouch with a lot of my good friends. Plus, you can post as much as you like about whatever you like and no one complains or has a debate about weather it has the right to exist or not.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
I'm also liking the whole myspace thing. Sure it's full of emo kids, but the best thing is, you don't have to listen to their [censored], just close the page smile

And because it's all homepages yeh alot of it will be crap, but there's also loads of funny/great stuff on there, cause people just don't post the same on regular websites.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ooh i managed to add you polarity!! wooo!!!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
And I! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: polarity

You mean the kind of people who's design skills would make them very popular with Satan, if he ever wanted to put sinners through makeover hell (fine example).

Sometimes the words 'domesticated primates' come to mind, then I remember that when monkeys paint it looks a whole lot better than this. Even when done with poo.

I guess I'm just being cruel because I'm a web designer who does nice simple interfaces. I thought things were bad in the old days when all people had to play with was HTML. Give them something as complicated as CSS and it's like every instrument in the orchestra has been replaced with a white noise generator.

You could always get yourself a copy of OpenBSD and view the pages with the console web browser wink

ubblol you're not one of the moderators on my OU course are you? There is a few extensive posts from them about how to PLEASE not hurt their eyeballs.... biggrin but i agree, i'm not keen on boring websites, but i'd prefer that my eyeballs didn't bleed....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Woah... that site is hideous
eek

Page: