Forums > Social Chat > Computer games for all.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
KJ2356member
37 posts

Posted:
Name a game any game does it have a meaning is it worth playing does it taste like apple cider or chicken pot pie?

in other words...
Anyone know any good new or old computer/xbox/PS/PS2/PSP
that would be a good singleplayer or multiplayer (perhaps to have an interesting multiplayer comp on).

my contributions to the thread are as follows.
Oblivion- Very well anticipated as a great singleplayer MMRPG game.

WoW-addictive MMORPG but can get boring when trying to lvl up to lvl 60 with a very laggy comp.

HL2- good.

etc... have fun peeps.

I cry when angels deserve to die.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I have Grim Fandango! Beautiful game. But then LucasArts always did have a talent for making point n clicks... before that market died.

Shame. I loved Monkey Island 1+2, Day of the Tentacle, Sam n Max, Grim Fandango. All the rest. That's what I grew up on rolleyes

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

\Any of the Metal Gear series rocks damn hard. Same goes for Final Fantasy.

Written by: Sethis

I have Grim Fandango! Beautiful game. But then LucasArts always did have a talent for making point n clicks... before that market died.

Shame. I loved Monkey Island 1+2, Day of the Tentacle, Sam n Max, Grim Fandango. All the rest. That's what I grew up on

Hear hear to that! Grim Fandango is one of my favourites too biggrin
And I have spent many fond hours on final fantasy and MGS too

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Us three are the cool kids. biggrin

Sethis: Got a copy? I lost mine frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Stubbs the Zombie, 'cause it's totally different trying to turn the whole town into zombies, instead of killing them all. Turning your enemies into part of your zombie horde is a laugh.

Beyond Good and Evil. Despite being a couple of years old it just looks amazing, mostly down to it being developed in France, as they make some stunning looking games there (anyone remember Flashback?). Contains a bit of everything, so doesn't get boring.

I've finally sold out and made the move to consoles. I've had a Dreamcast for a while, that I got just for Soul Calibur, and now I've got an Xbox that I'm modding the crap out of. Hmmm, pretty lights!

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

WarriorPoetBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
So...Here are two games i have found recently that may interest you.

Second Sight: Your character flashes back and forth between the present and your memories that led to it...You gain psychic abilities and can eventually smash people on the cieling or walls and shoot em up real good.

and

Stolen: Your Character is pretty freakin HAWT. Ohhh and the basic principles are; Infiltrate. Steal. Vanish. Comes with an array of acrobatic abilities while using high tech theif devices such as: Lockpick, Night vision, Trip Wires, Nullifier. Yea...Its gr8 just to watch the girly stand on a pole...the last pricing i can remember was 15-20 dollars.

Both of them are for PC...

‡SKaLD‡

10,530 posts

Posted:
"Your Character is pretty freakin HAWT"
"Its gr8 just to watch the girly stand on a pole"

Pssst.... they're just polygons. wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I heard Stolen had crappy controls, mediocre graphics, boring missions and pretty much sucked. That's just what I read in PC Gamer though, so don't bite my head off wink

Polarity: Turn away from the darkside that is consoles!! Only evil and suffering will come of it!!

Beyond Good and Evil is apparantly a brilliant game, but I've never had the good luck to play it. frown

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
Timesplitters: future perfect, for a funny yet fun FPS experience! Always find myself having a good romp with mates and a few drinks playing Capcom vs SNK EO2... Classic
Dead or Alive series... Conkers Bad Fur Day: Reloaded was hilarious to play thru, Again! Beyond good and evil was amazing, so well done and very underated...
Any of the metal slug series is always fun
Black just came out and i've found that one of the best FPS's i've played in awhile, lacking multiplayer tho!
WAITING FOR; Perfect Dark: ZERO....... i even went back to play the old one on n64, horrible framerate but great game!

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

10,530 posts

Posted:
" Turn away from the darkside that is consoles!! Only evil and suffering will come of it!!"

Consoles rock my teenage world. biggrin

The whole of the TS series was fantastic, though Future Perfect was certrainly the best.

The best game to play together with your mates with a few brewskis is MASHED for the PS2. Anyone remember micromachines on the megadrive? Its kinda like that. Every player is on one big screen, and everyone has to survive by staying on the camera and not falling off the track. Simple, but oh so very fun.

Unfortunatley, its a european release only, but it is totally fantastic.

Page: