Forums > Social Chat > Computer games for all.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
KJ2356member
37 posts

Posted:
Name a game any game does it have a meaning is it worth playing does it taste like apple cider or chicken pot pie?

in other words...
Anyone know any good new or old computer/xbox/PS/PS2/PSP
that would be a good singleplayer or multiplayer (perhaps to have an interesting multiplayer comp on).

my contributions to the thread are as follows.
Oblivion- Very well anticipated as a great singleplayer MMRPG game.

WoW-addictive MMORPG but can get boring when trying to lvl up to lvl 60 with a very laggy comp.

HL2- good.

etc... have fun peeps.

I cry when angels deserve to die.

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
Have you tried Pac man.......it ROCKS! !

Doc wink

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I've actually lost friends to WoW frown they don't want to come out anymore, or do anything in the evenings. They just sit there and play World of Warcraft. Teh Suxxor.

Unreal Tournament 2k4 is a great multiplayer FPS. Onslaught games are some of the best you can find online.

Diablo 2 is the single most addictive roleplaying game I've ever played.

Fun games like "Dungeon Keeper 2" and "Giants: Citizen Kabuto" are great for a laugh.

Real time strategy... Dawn of War and Warcraft 3 are in my list, as are the definitive "Age of..." series. (Age of Empires 1, 2, 3 and Age of Mythology)

Happy Camping!

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KJ2356member
37 posts

Posted:
some nice ones there and heres a few others.

Darkforces series: DF, JediKnight, JK2 and JK3.

and we musnt forget Fable, Dungeon siege and Battle for middle earth, Many classics in those not to mention the funny stubbs the zombie.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Heroes of might and Magic....I love it and am addicted to it, pity I don't have a computer I can play it on anymore.... frown

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Crono Cross, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past, Super Metroid = best games ever.

Buy a super nes and live happy forever (they have them in heaven too).

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
any of the command and conquer series ( i love yuri's revenge), empire battle for dune.

as for console multi-players......... tekken3, street fighter series, soul blade, doom3, quake arena

why limit yourself to a snes? xbox is my weapon of choice tongue

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Unreal tournament 2004 is my favourite so far

I've also played Warcraft 3, SW: Jedi Academy, NFS most wanted & Quake 3 Arena. The other games I've dabbled in aren't the most fantastic though (Aliens vs predator, Doom3)

PS2 games - Burnout 3, Burnout revenge, Final fantasyX and X-2, The nightmare before christmas, tekken 5 and NFS underground2

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Unreal tournament 2004 is my favourite so far

I've also played Warcraft 3, SW: Jedi Academy, NFS most wanted, F.E.A.R & Quake 3 Arena. The other games I've dabbled in aren't the most fantastic though (Aliens vs predator, Doom3)

PS2 games - Burnout 3, Burnout revenge, Final fantasyX and X-2, The nightmare before christmas, tekken 5 and NFS underground2

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i think that a good but short singleplayer game, and an awesome multiplayer game has to be Wrath Unleashed. it's a remake of a game that has been remade quite a few times for the various consoles that keep getting released. the main part of the game is turn based, and rather like a game of chess, with up to four people playing at once, but instead of pieces just being taken when another piece moves onto it's square, you have to fight it out in one on one arcade style combat biggrin

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Ohhh if you like Final Fantasy you will like a game called Shadow Hearts...it is one of my favourites but very hard to find (well in Australia anyway!).

It is a PS2 game sequel to a game called Kouldelka (I think that is how it is spelt) which was never released in Australia so I can't tell you what that one was like.

1,189 posts

Posted:
Best playstation games are Vagrant Story, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII and IX.

*metal gear?!*

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
at the moment, i ubblove shadow of the colossus (ps2)

i have now completely lost interest in games where you have to shoot people (in the head). i've really shot quite enough people (in the head) now thankyouverymuch.

and the same goes for driving round and round in circles. rrrrrrrrrrubbish.

honorable mentions should go to Ape Escape (ps1) and Super Monkey Ball (gamecube) and wrestling games (all formats back to the dawn of time itself)

and i will totally kick your ass at Tekken 3. oh yes i will.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Koudelka is a good playstation game but the monsters are repetative and dont actually differ from the very beggining of the game up too the second or even third chapter, and charecter progression is a little dull your not given anything in the way of rewards for leveling up.

The best pc game is Neverwinter Nights, it beats WoW to a pulp with a large stick and wins hands down. There no limit to the toolset for creating worlds and its free, online is the most fun ever.

Best console game is Oni for the ps2. Its a futurstic mix between Tekken and Tombraider. Totally addictive and the most fun to play ever

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

1,189 posts

Posted:
*cough*
Legend of Zelda - Orcarina of Time

Easily the greatest accomplishment of man in history.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
oh i seeeeee

Jeff is one of those people you think is an atheist right up until Shigeru Miyamoto enters the conversation.

rolleyes

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

1,189 posts

Posted:
Yup, ubblol

Shigsy is God. wink

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Hmm... wink

At the moment I'm playing Age Of Mythology and Command And Conquer Generals a lot but I love Halo and Halo 2 (xBox) and MGS.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Whilst at FRD's house last week we stayed in his basement the whole weekend playing Halo 2. And to quote henry 'plasma grenades and sniper screens are now burned into the back of my retina'.

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
While playing Halo yesterday some of my friends started to go on about "bad 'nades" when you get a plasma grenade stuck to you. Cue many Chris Morris impersonations "Oh wait, you have bad 'nades, not good 'nades?"

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

LothoBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
Hahaha Giants: Citizen Kabuto yea it is good for a laugh Sethis its just all round fun that game. I remember having my friend on our building phone network and he was mec and i was kabuto he could see me but not my little minions traveling through the ground ROFL the phone just went "AHHHH WHAT THA" when it jumped up out of the ground... and it had the funiest cut scenes in single player mode. Hehehe

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Kabuto STOMP!!!!

Mechs are my favourite though... especially single player...

"Argh! Me LEGS!!" ubblol

I never liked Halo, funnily enough. Not sure why. shrug

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

slipping tonguenewbie
22 posts

Posted:
my partner loves his computer games at the moment he is addicted to a game called war birds it is airplane game where you go around bombing the enemy bases and shooting them down he plays it online. also there is his all time fave that hes been playing for years and years which is net storm both games can be downloaded off the net

KJ2356member
37 posts

Posted:
Very nice result but there are still many games for us to dig up lets look back at some of those classics shall we?

Duke Nukem 1, 2 & 3D Sadly Dukenukem forever decided not to be released and got all us players fed up with the series.

Conquest Frontier wars- a rather good Strategy game to pass the time.

Max Payne 1&2- Now if there isnt a 3rd im sure i would go on a few fire sprees.

Battlefield 1942- Still a classic for lan parties to just jump in a jeep/tank/spitfire or just a big ass battle ship and kick eachothers asses... and yes its possible to kill a dreadnaught with a plane.

Let the digging continue!

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
BF1942 with the Who Dares Wins special forces mod is awesome. V2.3 is just out. If you have BF42 then download it. Only a 400mb file.

MMO wise, if you don't mind paying a little each month for access to a server that holds over 25000 people simultaneously and want to be part of a game where everything you do actually counts and effects things then you cant go wrong with EVE online. You will be sucked in to the world of New Eden, there is no escape.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
OMG No ones mentioned the Civilization series lol,, I've lost years of my life playing those games hehe much fun. Hell Civ 4 is the ONLY reason I've tainted my flat with a PC as i couldnt wait for the mac version to arrive hehehe.

I am a fan of racers on the ps2 aswell,, with top billing going to the afore mentioned Burnout series,, although the GTA's have prodded mucho bottom in the past.

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Written by: OvertlyFlirtatiousSpork

Hmm... wink

At the moment I'm playing Age Of Mythology and Command And Conquer Generals a lot but I love Halo and Halo 2 (xBox) and MGS.

Zero Hour is amazing! If you want to VPN in to a game we at some point let me know - we have 4 people in my house who play it quite a bit :d (sorry jo...)

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

KJ2356member
37 posts

Posted:
Vampire the masqurade if i spelt that right.. hmmms... anyways heres a few more from the games master. :P

Anyone hear of D&D online?
how about the Elderscrolls series? yey for Morrowind!
anyways ill add more when i remember more...
M.A.X.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
D&D online is going to be awesome biggrin they say your character is going to be so customisable that you can even change your nostril size tongue

Morrowind Oblivion is also going to be rather good, and hopefully it'll be as long as the last one, if not longer ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i'm confused, is this not a firetwirling forum? now i know that this is the social chat, but why does there seem to be so many threads devoted to computergames?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
\'Cos deep down, every forum user is a geek.

Besides, this is better than most of the junk that gets posted in here anyways. smile

Any of the Metal Gear series rocks damn hard. Same goes for Final Fantasy.

Halo2 as well.

And Tekken is pants comapred to Dead or Alive. So there. biggrin

I don\'t really play MMORPGs, but I hear good things about Guild Wars, and WoW.

A game that everyone should try (if they can find it) is Grim Fandanago. Rocked my little gamer world that one did. biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Page: