Forums > Social Chat > The Beatles doing poi!

Login/Join to Participate

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Yes, it's true, Dan and I were in a museum in Wellington, New Zealand, and we came across a giant picture of (one of) the Beatles doing poi.

Link: https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5327/1781/1600/IMG_0610.jpg

A couple more photos on my new blog: https://playpoi.blogspot.com/2006/02/beatles-doing-poi.html

Does anybody know which beatle that is?

n juggle juggle

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
That was Lennon. But are you sure it's poi. There's only one. Could've been a Mace...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
^ Traditional maori poi.

That's an excellent find Nick. Glad to know the beatles would approve of poi. :3

Makes me want to dance to one of their songs now.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Wow. That is pretty cool!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Paul has one in his hand too.... you can just about see it... maybe he nicked it and was about to throw it in the sea......

that's pretty cool i was expecting to see a mocked up flash animation or something when i opened this thread.... wonder if they knew why they had them though....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
They must have been visiting NZ at the time as they also have tikis round their necks...

Love it.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
awesome find!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I missed this when it was posted, and it deserves a bump so here it is.

Bump.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Wow, awesome find.

Glad to hear poi has enriched the lives of the Beatles!

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
eek on the subject of the beatles.............to my horror in todays paper i read that an old record sleeve was to be re-released of the beatles taken way back in the 60's. great i hear you say, but the picture they where using showed 3 of the 4 with cigaretts in their hands so wise record company people being politiclly correct decide ubbidea lets air brush out the cigarettsubbidea

clap well done record compny people, ringo starr looks like he's had two of his fingers amputated nowubblol

should this of been done to pander to the needs of the P.C. brigade and aren't most beatles photo's like pieces of art ??

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
That was the Abbey Road poster...Paul's cigarette...dunno if they actually did go through with it, but i'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
no this was another photo mags, i knew about the new abbey road picture being edited. in this photo it's just the 4 members in a studio 2 sat, 2 stood and 3 smoking (wish i had my scanner so i could upload the photo i saw)