Forums > Help! > Spinning and the law

Login/Join to Participate

Whistnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hi, Im new to this forum and the whole spinning concept really. I am learning how to spin of one of my good friends, and last night we decided we would have a go in a public park out the back of my house (fairly secluded). So of we went and started to twirl, when i was approched by another guy i know who works for the fire brigade. He informed me that it will be possible for the fire department to fine us for spinning in a public area. I wasnt sure if this was true of not, but any help would be appreciated.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Fisrt welcome to the forum!

I'd say never trust random people's statements (even those on this board) without checking with a real authority. If you did get fined say "Well a guy on a web site said we were allowed" doesn't really stand up as a defence! Globally the rules about fire spinning are many and varied so the thing to do is check with whomever owns the land you're spinning on.

I know that in the UK parks owned by the Royal family are harsh on fire spinning but commons tend to have less rules. So call the council or check the parks rules and regulations that are probably posted somewhere. If you're asking people it's probably easier to explain the activity as fire juggling . Also in Australia I know you get fire bans and that really means no spinning!

Whistnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Ok, thanks for the help, I will head down to the local council tomorrow.

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
I know in my town, the fire marshel isn't to keen on us spinning, he knows I do it in my front yard, but looks the other way but has warned me not to go further than my driveway with fire. On the other hand, I talked to the fire marshel in another town that just happens to be about 5 walking minutes away, he loves the idea and says as long as its recreational, have fun with it.

The rules vary from country to country, state to state, and even town to town. Dom knows what he's talking about, always check before you do it. Good luck spinning.

Don't mind me, just passing through.