Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Clapham 2006 next big on on the 11th and 12th nov *DELETED*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by linden rathen
EDITED_BY: linden rathen (1162407686)

back

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Sorry I didn't make it guys, after Saturday night it was all a bit bad on Sunday....I had to nurse all my housemates hangovers....grrr....

Boys are such wusses when it comes to pain, especially self inflicted pain.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Right... today's gonna be my last day with guaranteed internet access. Will probably check my emails though when in London, so if anyone would pm me to say...

- if Clapham's on on the weekend
- if yes, when... and Clapham piccies don't seem to be working anymore so I'd need a description of how to get there!
- or if they fancy meeting up for going to the pub or something while I'm London

go ahead biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
On a side note:

Why is this London spin held on Clapham Common?

Its a pain in the arse to get to for everyone seeing as it is in south london, there is no shelter from bad weather other than a grumpy and expensive pub, any food or drink or facilities are a minimum 15 mins walk away, no toilets, the list is seemingly endless.
Then again, it does have both mainline and overground rail connections. rolleyes and thats about it....

It was started there (I believe) as Glass lived to live next to the common, and his was a place to go if it ever rained.
He doesnt live there anymore.

Why dont we change the location to a nicer/ nearer/ better facilitated grassy area? Ealing common? Hyde Park? Buckingham Palace lawn?

shrug

Just a thought we had at the weekend. smile
Opinions?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
The common is easy for me to get to on the weekends as I don't live too far away...but I don't really mind if it is more centralised as long as it doesn't end up all the way in the North East or something which would just be against the whole point of moving it really. :P

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Medusa

I don't live too far away

Thanks generally why it was held on the common in the first place. Not too far from Glass ubblol

I was thinking Hyde park could be good. Definatly something more central, Ealing common is close to our boat ubbangel Its on the central line.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Hyde Park I think would be good....then I can go skating and poiing at the same time...wooohooo!!!!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Lets move it, move it! I want to move it move it, I want to....MOVE IT!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I don't care if you guys move it...

as long as it's easy for this little Aussie to get to! You wouldn't want to confuse us Aussies, now would you? biggrin

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*dances with Jo*

bounce

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yeahhh boiiiii...... bounce bounce2

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Thats the way,
uh-huh-uh-huh I like it, uh-huh-uh-huh

biggrin

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
if people want to move it doesnt really bother me as im fairly central - moving will make it harder for people who are further afield than london tho as i know a lot of people come into the junction....

back

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I beg to differ, Sam.
If we had it nearer to Jon and Sim's boat, for example, its much easier for people to get to from the M4, plus it's easier on the trains too smile

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'm going to have to cast my vote against Ealing common, I reckon it'd even more of a hassle to get to than clapham.

Someone's going to have to look into what we're actually allowed to do if we use a park, as opposed to a common - I'm fairly sure they have more restrictions as to what we'd be able to do there.
If no-one's volunteered before this evening then I'll do it, but I don't have internet access for the rest of the afternoon.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ealing common has excellent underground, overground and bus links.

And on an even more convincing side, its much easier for simian and i to get to wink

Ahhhh..what do I care.

Ealing is crap. ubblol

Hear ye, hear ye, the all knowing Wikipedia gives the answer again!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
how about Richmond park?

ImmortalNinjamember
104 posts

Posted:
Lazy old me says keep it at the Common wink

Hyde park and the other royal parks defiinitely wont let you spin fire or have BBQ's. They also have a tendency to kick you out at sun down.

As soon as the bandstand gets finished, which I'm told is soon, there will indeed be a place to hide from the rain.

True food is a bit far away, but maybe that will encourage everyone to bring picnicky snacks to share smile
Thanks boo and ribbon girl who's name I forget and everyone who bought stuff.

But if anyone finds as nice as spot as the common with the same amount of freedom then I'm up for it too.

Maybe what we need to do is find a pizza place that will deliver to the common....

KK

If you're getting hit, move faster...

Check page 30 for Directions

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"As soon as the bandstand gets finished"

ubblol ubblol etc etc etc......

rolleyes

how long have they been working on it?

is it 2 years now? umm

Anyone up for spinning at [Old link] biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thanks Mr Ninja!

Ooooooh I'm getting excited about my 1 week of work (and 2 days of holidays!!!) bounce

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i'll point out now you can get prety good pizza from the cafe tongue while its open frown

on another note ive finally tracked down Matty B -M's website so we can all see his pics of us eek

its here

oh kei - could you pm me/ post the link to where you have all your pics of claphams hidden? ubbangel plllllease? smile
EDITED_BY: linden rathen (1147097686)

back

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Keep it on clappham you lazy bottoms nana

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Because its nearer to Bournemouth? wink

If people dont want to move it, then it need not.
I, and quite a few others though, can see advantages of moving it to more central london instead of having it way down in the south, at somewhere which isnt that great to be honest. shrug

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ditto

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
personally i dont think it matters much - then again i live in central london so it wouldnt

i would say though that it is easier for people in the south as almost every train the south of england comes through the junction

back

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
But there is more of England to the north, therefore more people.

I, for one, am North of London wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: linden rathen

i would say though that it is easier for people in the south as almost every train the south of england comes through the junction

frown not for me it doesnt.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
does for me.......

but hey im slack and rarely make it - so dont listen to me! ubbloco

To be fair though are trains not the easiest bit of transort to use in london?

Whats a few more stopps differance going to make?

Driving on the otherhand clapham is perfect! any more central and wed be forced to use the train smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I don't min if it gets moved as long as it's accesable to get to by train and tube. I refuse to use the bus ubblol

And if the tube and/or train station is more than 5 minutes away from the open grassy space, I shall deligate somebody to pick me up.

Otherwise that leaves me very lost in central London. For a hour. Like on saturday.

None of this "we're all warm in the pub so cant you make it by yourself' nonsence wink
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1147105130)

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
dont worry Aimee, Joey's got yo back, ya'll. wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I found the following in my pocket.

Non-Https Image Link

I have no idea how it got there.

If it's yours and you want it, come to Play and I'll give it to you wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Page: ......