MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Gahhh I am sooo mad at the moment.

I am not sure if this goes here or not as it isn't really going anywhere that I can see...please let me know if it is in the wrong spot....

Anyway on with the rant:

Some idiotic, moronic, censored idiot at our regular Perth twirl (yes I know I am not there but this person is someone that I gave my equipment to thinking that they would be sensible with it) has gone and given the cages I gave to him (molten steel type poi cages) to someone who has NEVER spun before.

Can you believe it. This person is trying to defend what they did...

How on earth can anyone be so effing irresponsible? No seriously...let's give someone who has never twirled before one of the most dangerous poi to play with (hmmm....lovely third degree burns) just because they said they wanted to give it a go....

OMG! Brainless...idiotic.....I can't believe that I thought this person was responsible and wouldn't do anything stupid and he turns around and does this.

He puts not only this new person at risk of getting burnt but also people around him because obviously the new person isn't going to know all the risks.

And now he is saying, who cares, it's my equipment to give to whoever I please....

Blah...so brainless....

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
very brainless but at the end of the day the person who gave the stuff will have to deal with the guilt if someone gets hurt and not you hun

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Yeah I know but I was the one who gave the equipment to the guy who started give it out....I was the one who ran through all the precautions, went through all the safety things with him and even ran through what happened to me when I got burnt by that stuff...obviously it didn't get through his thick skull...I can't help but feel partially responsible for obviously not getting through to him.

chris19SILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
It's his fault if somebody gets hurt. I understand your feelings of guilt, I would have them too but if you told him everything about the risks and every safety rule you know there's no need for that. Don't make yourself mad by such idiots, they're not worth the sorrow.

twirling greets

chris

P.S.: Where did you get this "cage Poi" from? Have you built them yourself?

Think but never worry for tomorrow will come anyway

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I didn't make them myself I got these little metal balls in the pet section of a department store, they looked like cages with mice in them...take the mice out, attach them to your chains...et voila....great for spin cage poi...

ducky2108A little bit of a board whore
147 posts

Posted:
Fabulous disclaimer there

Written by: Medusa

...take the mice out...

Ancient wiseman say "It is very strange person, who, when left alone in room with teacosy, does not try it on"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
and now I have guilt...

Least you care darl.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
You shouldn't feel guilt at all my dear....

It wasn't only you who told me what was going on btw....I got yoour pm and another within five minute space of each other why do you think I was so harsh about it.

What really pisses me off is the fact that one of the regulars who seems to think that the world revolves around them, questioned the story....basically said that becase that person didn't see it, it never happened.

Hence the reason why I don't like posting there so much now. And the reason why I was so uptight when I got proof....cause I was made to feel like a liar when I orginally posted about it.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
We have to question stories as stuff gets embellished. Its not personal I dont think. Most Perth spinners are lovely.
Dont let anyone drive you from our board.

IN a recent discussion and fire breathing that I was in wirewool was bought up as being really dangerous as well. It doesnt get the same danger warnings as firebreathing though. I like Russels idea of the bug glasses

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Speaking from personal experience I know how dangerous it is...that's why I get so touchy about it when I find out that someone is doing the wrong thing.

Maybe we should talk to the boards about putting something up about it

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately with wire wool bug glasses arent the best saftey equipment, albeit they protect your eyes, but remember your not throwing around sparks, those sparks are molten metal.

Medusa, in my opinion, you are not the one to blame at all, it was totally out of your control, it would be just the same if you had given someone a tub of paraffin and they had gone and let someone fire breathe with it. You even instructed them the saftey in it, you must in no way blame yourself, that persons actions is their own, stupid it their actions are, but not your fault at all.

Idiots are everywhere, especially in this art we all take pride in, jsut be glad your not one of them hug

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Ahhh....the bug glasses aren't really bug glasses...we just call them that cause they make this guy look like a bug...

Trust me when i say they do well at protecting the eyes.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
Written by: Medusa

I didn't make them myself I got these little metal balls in the pet section of a department store.

I'm glad someone else thought those would make good poi cages... MiG thought i was mad when i said that.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
what is cage poi? i'm sorta lost (and to lazy to search hehe)

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Actually gnor thought of it, bought a couple, when she showed me I went mad and bought the store out...hehehe

Cage poi....hmmm...you stuff wire wool into these cages attached to your poi, light them and spin like absolute crazy...they produce molten steel sparks that looks something like a small fireworks display....very pretty, very dangerous.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
medusa: it's not your fault: you wouldn't believe how irresponsible some people can be.

If it makes you feel better, think that at least they were using (relatively) safe equipment. A while ago I and some friends got showered with wirewool by someone doing it for the first time, waaay too close, with no safety equipment and he was using whisks with wire wool stuffed inside. It was a miracle no one was hurt. At least your construction sounds quite secure and safe (as these things go)

ditto what will said

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
The same night people were spinning them too close to others and we had to move back. Wasnt a good night for safety. At least no fire breathers though to worry about. Last one we had ended up rolling on the ground with his face on fire. Scary stuff. eek

We need to hammer whoever it is who is handing out the cages.

They arent that secure, I mean they work, but I wouldnt like to see them used too much for something they arent designed for. Some others we have made are safer I believe in construction.

Is it the Truth?