Page: ...
SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Next Mini Meet will be in Platt Fields in front of the gallery as usual on Saturday 3rd Feb.

Meeting time yet to be decided.

See you all there :-D

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
i'd go with somone meeting me........any volounteers (i dont like walking through areas that i dont know on my own)......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................im afraid that the poi monster will come and eat me...................*assumes the fetal position*

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I think steaks was planning on heading into town to meet some people before he comes down try sending him a PM smile

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
hey guys i will be there for a wee bit tomoz!
yeah! dale can you bring my juggling ball pls?
juggle weavesmiley
ubblove n hug guys
T
XxXx

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I'll be there for around 1 or 2, i'll try find you guys if I cant then I'll text dale (bring your phone please :P)

Are we gonna find a little spot to set up camp away from the mass of people? If we are then i'll bring a portable CD player - I dont have many cd's tho I usually download stuff, so its all really on my comp - If you guys could throw a bunch of cd's in your bags we'll have plenty of choice that way.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Don't think i'm going to make it - Fathers Day & all that jazz, plus i'm working till 5.30. I should make it to the next one though - honest!

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Page 1 of this message now contains up to date weather forcasting from the met office smile

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
now everyone look at page one again, ook, look down, see france? nice hey? now look in the middle, theres a load of bumpy clouds there, now thats where i am, it is currently 29°C, temperature hasnt dropped below 20 at night since ive been here and those clouds just arent doing anything fun and exciting. france is awesome, ur allowed to be lazy because too much work leads to heat exhaustion and consequently death (thats my version anyway). hope alls good for you all!!
ps so no, not going to play, i will still be being lazy for another 2 days before returning to england

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bugger, really wanted to make it but come 2pm I was still in Preston and inexplicably exhausted!

Was looking forwarding to meeting you guys again (as well as sampling the world cuisine) Tell me how it went guys...

Seye? Are you still thinking of making 2 trips to Wellington? If not, no probs I'll make other arrangements. If so, PM me...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'v offered to do a run to stoke-on-trent as its dead easy for people travelling from manc to get to and only costs a few quid return. Its also a convenient place to do an alcofrol run.

I think Chris is going to get a train there and I'm picking him up at about 3-4ish on thursday. Its only about 20 mins away so I can easily head over to get anyone else that needs it smile

I'll drop everyone off there before heading back off on monday too biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If it's from Stoke then I might ask if I can have a space there? As I've told you I used to go to uni there so it's no trouble...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Thats cool - PM flying to your inbox as we speak.

Or rather as we type.

Or as I type.

Or a bit more like after I type... confused

Check your PM's anyway dude smile

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Hi Everybody,

I'm flying into Manchester on the 30th of this month. THat's like in two days. Anybody want to put up a somewhat ragged but very dedicated poi artist for the night? I'll be heading to London the next day probably. biggrin

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Let me wish you a warm (well...) welcome to the UK. Not a Mancunian so can't help you there but I would advise you posting in this thread as well

[Old link]

as this one is for a more localised area...

Hope you can find a place...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Meenik

Hi Everybody,

I'm flying into Manchester on the 30th of this month. THat's like in two days. Anybody want to put up a somewhat ragged but very dedicated poi artist for the night? I'll be heading to London the next day probably. biggrin

PM on its way smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Seye you are an unbelieveably lovely guy hug

Get well soon mate. Sorry that you're on your deathbed instead of revelling in the weekend...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'm feeling a lot better now thanks dude. I've just managed to eat something without feeling like I'm going to see it again.

I havent managed to try any of the cool things that I saw at Play yet frown

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
cool you will be stoping by nick shame i will miss it i have work

seye will look after you though

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Anyone up for a meet with mr Meenik who's over from canada?

I was thinking Platt fields at about 2-3ish saturday...

What does everyone think?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
sounds good i will have to sdee what i can do

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll see if I can swing by. I'm in Manchester anyway so I'll see if I can drag myself away from the fella to do so. Or bring him with me if his knee/bank balance can take it

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hell yeah, havenyt seen nick in over a year! def up for it biggrin

nick - what else u doing up here etc? if u need a crash space etc just gimme a shout, have 2 spare rooms around then

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
oh poo. that would be ace, but i'll be at a house warming party (we will be spinning there though, you can always come join us, it's only levensume smile there will be bbq too)

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
2-3 on saturday sounds good ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
frown i doubt ill be able to make it, im moving house on saterday so will be very busy, but if im sorted soon nuff and ppl intend to stay lateish, then ioll try and come down. sorry to hear to were ill seye, something you ate at play? c yall soon ubbrollsmile

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Bah I cant afford it, ive been to a few poi meets i couldnt really afford allready im going to have a rest from a few for a while. Have fun meenik

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
i'm in norfolk!have fun though guys xxxx

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
so is the meet still on and whos going...?????

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I seem to have misplaced a set of tail poi. I was sure that I packed them in my bag before I left because I had checked before I went.

LAst mini meet it also rained and we packed all our poi up and moved under the arch of the museum, if there had have been a paire of poi left someone would have seen you'd think.

Anyway im sure I just misplaced them around my house but did anyone happento go home with a pair of blue tail poi with chain handles and double silver finger loops?

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
any ideas when the next meet will be? id prefer sometime during the week late at night.

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
How does Thursday suit people?

Gives those going to Glade and other places this weekend time to recover wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Page: ...