Page: ...
SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Next Mini Meet will be in Platt Fields in front of the gallery as usual on Saturday 3rd Feb.

Meeting time yet to be decided.

See you all there :-D

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i live in whitworth park halls, which is about 2 seconds away from where tony830 said he lived. im definitely up for catching a bus down towards the fallowfield side of the land for a mini spin. i dont know anything further than platt fields park though, and i prob wont make this weekend or the weekend after (you know, student social lives, party hard, sleep little, die quietly) but its an ace idea. i know millhouse lives in rusholme which is near platt fields park so u could prob convince him that its a good idea. so yeah, apart from the next 2 weekends, im free, but totally do a meet in the next 2 weeks if u have ppl who are up for it, ill come to the second one (cos im sure ull have a second one hey?) peace

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Thats cool - I'm sure I'll be making everyone spin fire at least once a week now I'm up here.

The weekend you mentioned is probably going to be the weekend of the next big meet at the gas works. If its not I'm sure we can arrange something for then anyway.

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
cool man. Im well up for a spin (and juggle and devil stick biggrin) any time. Im free most weekends. I would like a little help with ym poi technique, especially when it comes to transitions between moves.

Im willign to teach / help anyoen with their juggling needs.

Just give me a place and time and ill be there.

tone.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Tony
If you will teach me to juggle clubs I'll show you any poi tricks you want.

I'm a bit lame when it comes to juggling. I never practise enough but I have 3 clubs and am determined to learn a few patterns and how to pass.

I'll wait to see what the others say before suggesting a date.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Im free most weekends, and know roughly where most of the parks in witworth/fallowfield/rusholme are.
Ree also lives near to Platt Fields park and i think Munkey lives in rusholme somewhere as well.

Next weekend sounds good in ladybarn park as its only a short walk from wilmslow road and all the student busses, but is far enough to be fairly secluded (from what i remember of it)

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Seye

The other alternatives (so far) are Fog Lane Park and Platt Fields Park I dont know the area's round them that well yet so I cant say whats there.

Fog Lane Park has the Burnage train station about a 3 minute walk from it, and there's also busses like the 50 and the 44 that run nearby.

Platt Fields Park is the park that we started having the meets in at the end of last summer, and I think we may be moving back to there when it starts to get a bit warmer. There are a whole load of busses that run from manchester to various places that go near to the park.

To be honest, i think Lady Barn Park may be the best option to go for a spin in, and a mini meet on the weekend of the 4th and 5th may be a good idea, although i'm up for a meet near enough any time ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Sweet.

So we're going with next weekend - I dont mind where they're all near enough really. Might try to bring my housemate and his video camera down. See if we can get any footage to stick on my nice big empty server biggrin

I'll sort out posting directions up if people need them when we get it sorted.

My new fire poi should be here either in the morning or the next day.
Non-Https Image Link

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
New fire poi? excellent biggrin

Anyone coming from south of withington PM and i can meet you en route to Ladybarn park, anyone coming from north who wants help can arrange to meet me in Withington village and we can walk round as a group smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
Written by: steaks

i think Munkey lives in rusholme somewhere as well.

munkey lives with milhouse

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
next weekend? As in 4th/5th? I think i'll b around, althought there might be a juggling convention in nottingham that wisks me away. I'm in Salford, but have a car so the whole of the north is local as far as i'm concerned! I can pick people up on the way too. Sat is perfect for me - no work to get in the way. Reckon I can drag Laura & Rob along too, we spend plenty of sat nights spinning fire in the garden anyways.

Anyone reckon they can bring tunes? The only portable sound system I got is my car stereo & I think it's suffering a little bass abuse redface

Seye & tony830, you should come play with us at quirkers juggling club in st Werberg's church hall on Mondays. Big warm indoor space to juggle/spin etc in 7.30 till we get bored & go to the pub.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i have both a minidisc player and an mp3/cd player i can bring along, but no decent speakers at the minute.
And Hazel, i may take one monday off work in the coming weeks to come along to the church with you all smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
hey, i live next to platt field park so that would be good. although last time there was a load of scallies in the park and they were acting like dicks.
well i'm free 4th or 5th so i'll definately be down n this time i'm gonna bring more beer and more fuel.

i'd say meet up at platt fields on the 4th at 6pm. reasons?
1) friday is a horrible day and to have something good to look foreward to will make it bearable
2) 6pm is when its dark
3) theres a bus that goes past platt fields every 10 seconds at that time of night so its reaaaaaaally easy to get to
4) hardys well is on the one side of the park
5) fallowfield and all the wonderful bars are on the other side
6) from what i gather everyone knows where platt fields is and for most of us student layabouts its withing walking distance

what u think?

kev

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
If I come and if I can find 4 double D batterys I could bring a portable cd player down, if I do that I miiight not have room for fuel (and poi come to think of it) in my bag so I might need to borrow fuel off everyone else, oor I could leave the fire poi at home and just bring my glowpoi (the right ones this time lol). But I'll make up my mind later on in the week and let everyone know if im bringing it or not, saves people bringing down more than one cd player

Hmm platt fields im not sure the weathers really good enough for plattfields just yet, its totally exposed to the misserable wintery weather we havnt lost just yet.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

devilstarSILVER Member
155 posts

Posted:
Not that I'm an argumentative sod... but....my 2p's...

• us 9-5'ers are much more bouncy & spinny when they haven't rushed straight out to play from work.
• the earliest I could make it over on a friday night would be about 7 & that's without eating tea.
•it'd be nice to meet people kinda 30 mins - an hour before it goes dark as some of us haven't met in daylight before which can make it kinda hard to know who you're talking to.
•I've never been to Lady Barn Park but the aspects of it being easy to access & secluded from scallies make it most apealing to me.

will you be coming from blackburn joe? if a lift from a train station in manchester helps out with carrying stuff it's no probs.

If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i also vote for Ladybarn park on a saturday afternoon/evening. around 5pm should be a good time to meet as its still fairly light around then, but not too far from dusk for playing with fire smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yes five sounds a good time, not too light but not too dark.

Written by:

will you be coming from blackburn joe? if a lift from a train station in manchester helps out with carrying stuff it's no probs.

Ooh that would help loads I dont know where Ladybarn park is smile. So anything definate on the date yet? 4th or 5th, saturday or sunday? Oh and devil which train station would you be passing?

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

devilstarSILVER Member
155 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

devil which train station would you be passing?

I'll b driving from Salford to the Park, but don't mind swinging by either station. wherever you get in.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'm going to agree with Steaks and suggest 5pm Saturday 4th March - Ladybarn Park, Withington.

If there's not loads of us we could relocate to my garden for tea / fridge / toilet convenience.

I'm possibly going to the music box on saturday night for a bit of Mr Scruff but that wont be till quite late. (So there was probably no point saying that...)

Do the Uni crew know how to get down here? Its only 15mins walk or a 2min bus journey. Its only just down from Glass, Revolution and all the other painfully mulleted bars in fallowfield.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I vote for the Saturday as transport is better for people and there is also mr scruff and monster monster on on saturday night

and anyone wanting help with finding it PM me and i will help you out smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

biggrin

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
wow, thats clever!

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
ah well, the only reason i said friday was cos i cant make saturday. damn. maybe next time!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: nutella

wow, thats clever!

I wish it was. I could make some money!

Written by: bing!

ah well, the only reason i said friday was cos i cant make saturday. damn. maybe next time!

I thought you said friday or saturday? - oh well.

We might have to do a mid week session up in platt fields soon for the uni crew. I'll bring the rope dart for the scallies wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hmm you sure bing? Cant I convince you too squize it in, you'll enjoy it if you do I promise, now where have I heard that before. (sexual inuendo ubbrollsmile)

You ok to drop by piccadilly devilstar? Just let me know what time and I'll be there.

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!BRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
well up for a spin tomorrow, only been to one meet before so i not sure if i met any of you before. would bring my fire poi but one of em broken at the joints frown ah well, good ol glow sticks!

look forword to meeting you all,

iggsy

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
i did indeed say i was free saturday but somethings come up.

midweek session sounds good though! the sooner the better. havent mesed around with fire poi since new year

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Thanks seye, so helpfull you are indeed biggrin
EDITED_BY: Brit_Joe (1141476189)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Joe - you can get a train directly from picadilly to mauldeth road - its right next to the park.

The times are...

Depart 17:03 17:33 18:33 19:34
Arrive 17:11 17:41 18:41 19:41
Duration 0:08 0:08 0:08 0:07

or check https://www.nationalrail.co.uk
for others.

I think its either £1 or 65p depending on the time.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Who's coming then?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, i ned to burn to vent some frustration.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Page: ...