Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
blah, I kinda had a dream where my ex's grandma died, and when I was talking to her last night, I found out that her grandma had to go in for heart surgery, and she won't tell me anymore, and she didn't go to school yesterday, and isn't today, which knowing her the way I do, means that her Grandma most likely died. Does anyone else ever have shit like this happen to them? I will also take the time now to mention that when my uncle committed suicide, my aunt died from a brain anuerism, and my grandpa died from old timers, I sat bolt upright at the exact moment that they died in bed, consequently waking me up. Maybe I just shouldn't sleep anymore?

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Scary shit isn't it!!!!!!
I'm starting to get stuff like this happening to me. Still tring to make head nor tail of it though, sorry i cannot be of more help .
LOL
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
cool!

The other night I dreamt I had to stick a thermometer up my cat's bum. The cat lives with my parents so I called my Mum and she said that cat was off her food, she took her to the vet who found she had an infection in her mouth. She's better now.

Bram, don't sweat it. It's not like you could have done anything different in these situations. Is it really any different to being given this sort of bad news in person by someone? If anything it's a sign you should be there for your ex.

Magnus... pay it forward

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
These visions are given to you so you can help people heal Bram hunny.
Console her...ring and check out how she is...and then just be there for her...
You are on a bright path sweetie, just takes time to get used to it...PM me if yeh need to talk

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

psychoactivated neural rustmember
33 posts

Posted:
some years ago (over the space of a year or so) i had 3 different dreams in which all my teeth fell out. shortly after each of these dreams someone i cared for a great deal died (first my grandfather, then a very close friend, then my grandmother).
and shortly after the 3rd time my brother happened to give me a dictionary of omens and superstitions. because the dreams themselves were so disturbing i looked up 'teeth'.
the only entry for 'teeth' said that if you dream of them falling out someone close to you will die.

i've had one dream since then where i felt my teeth were suddenly really loose and obviously about to fall out. luckily i realized it was a dream, remembered the omen and closed my mouth as tight as i could to keep them all in.
the next day a friend of mine was narrowly saved from falling off a roof drunk when he was grabbed at the last minute.

as far as i'm concerened, when things like this happen it's because you're being given a chance to change what might happen. you can do anything in your dreams (if you can realize you're dreaming - definitely worth working out how to do this btw), so if waking life starts to invade dream life i believe you can change that as well.

i'd definitely urge everyone to give it a go at least.

No left turn unstoned!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
hmm... it was mre she was crying because her grandmother had died and I was hugginh her. So I am taking her out swimming on Fri. and we may go to see the LotR2 on Sat. with another good frined of ours who we rarely get to see

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I have the teeth dream periodically but never had someone close to me die.

I prefer the interpretation that it is caused by fear of losing someone/thing prescious to you. It is also a sign that you don't feel in control of your life, or so i was told.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
interesting

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have this in my dream log. I remember after I woke up it was all I could do not to call my parents and make sure they were OK (it was about 1AM their time). Needless to say, my parents are both fine.

Now, in March, my parents were both in a horrible accident. My father, age 80 at the time and now age 81, came very close to dying twice, both times of pneumonia (when old men get pneumonia...they die). Both times (the first of which was during Finals), I got a phone call from the doctor telling that I had better get to Santa Barbara really quick if I wanted to say good bye. So I wonder if this dream wasn't a manifestation of that.

Here's the log entry:

quote:
Night of Dec. 1, 2002

What a nightmare! I just had a very realistic dream that my dad died. I saw him get hit by a truck, which knocked him off a bridge on our property and into the lake (we don't have a bridge on our property, which was the only inconsistency in this dream world). And I called 911 right away and the divers brought up one of his legs below the knee (the right leg)....and then the other. And then the rest of his body. And they put his body on Scott’s old leather bed in our house. And I was thinking about how I can't believe this happened, and I was crying with my mom and we walked into the house to see his body one last time...and his eyes fluttered open and he started laughing in relief and saying "I'm OK! I'm OK!" and I fell on the ground from relief. And then I woke up flat on my back with my heart pounding.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
This is a very interesting thread indeed.

Firstly I am not sure about placing fixed interpretations on dreams... Sometimes in certain ciscumstances it migh be wrong and you could mislead someone. Each and everyone of us should interpret our cyle our path our life.

Bram I am happy to hear that you are spending time with her. I totally agree with Valura's comment.

You must use what you have been given. Walk in the path of light dont shut it out...

Lightning: Interesting and great idea ... A dream log!

Much love and hugs,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Drome, my desk is right next to my bed, so I just haul myself into my chair (my feet don't even have to hit the ground until I'm in the chair), write write my dreams in it, and then fall sideways back into bed. Except for dreams like the one I just shared. It took a good half hour for this to stop.

Some people keep a notepad or book next to their beds and write their dreams in that.

But the most important thing is to log the dream as soon as possible after you have it, because dreams tend to fade very rapidly.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
deepsoulsheep, lessons and information given in the astral realm (in this case, your 'sleep') are of a higly personal nature. what you may see can and most likely will possess a completely different connotation. interpret as you will. If you are still left in mystery, you have the option of taking a more spiritual patth through life.

eat a tanuki.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
heya..

I too..can relate to similar events. I have read much of these kind of 'visions' as you so put, however never an answer..just ppl's experiences. Also, if you wanna talk on the subject you can send me a message...

There is quite a lot of interesting material/stories about ppl's experiences by doing a simple search on the web for say 'premonitions, visions etc'.

It occurs more than I would have expected, and I have a strange feeling it could be on the rise.

I have learnt however, that asking why? (was this revealed to me e.g. why THIS vision) with your conscience mind doesn't always an answer... these things are unveiled for sometimes seemingly 'illogical' purposes.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Sweet Pixiemember
24 posts

Posted:
I have also had visions but the most scariest of them all was about 5 years ago. My parents are from England and i had never met any of my dad's family, i had only seen photos of them. One night, sleeping soundly, i suddenely woke up, sat bolt upright and freaked out when i saw my fathers uncle's spirit in my room looking at me (i had never met him, he lived in the USA) The next morning i told my mum what i had seen and about a week and 1/2 later i had a letter from my dad's aunt in America telling us my dad's uncle had passed away (the night i had seen him!)

Did not sleep very well for weeks after that!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched...they must be felt with the heart...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
re: teeth falling out....

Much of what happens to our physical body translates into our dreams... ever needed to pee and had a dream that you were on the toilet or something?

Same with the teeth dreams - I think you'll find that you are grinding your teeth or clenching then while you are asleep, hence the dreaming of them falling out/being loose (ever spit them into your hands?).. Not that I'm discounting these dreams signify something, but perhaps your subconscious is aware of the bigger picture and transfering that into your physical body as stress? (just a theory of mine)

I used to get the teeth dreams all the time, still sometimes do. Usually during peaks of emotional stress. My grinding was so bad that I actually had a dentist make me a splint (mouthguard) to wear to bed. That was many years ago, and I've since learnt to relax and change my sleeping position.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Bram, you make them lucky they have you to hold in touch while they're dying, to contact when they die.

with all my love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
phew. she didn't die. I saw her grandma last night when I went over to her house. We went swimming and stuff *shifty look*