whosbasilnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
hey guys, can anyone tell me a good length for double staffs, i'm probably going to make them myself so any other tips are welcome, but mainly i want to know the length in relation to my body
thanks
basil

the lord works in mysterious ways

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
The dules that i use are fairly small
They are short enough so that if i hold the middle the wick can safly parse my arm pit.
i think if they were longer i would have troubles

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

chris19SILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
I'm planning to mkae mine 1m each. But I don't have any experience with double staffs so it's just my feeling.

twirling greets

chris

Think but never worry for tomorrow will come anyway

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
I'm on a 4ft one, which seems ok, a bit shorter than i'm used to though, so there has been much singe-ing.

Should be a good length once I get used to it though.

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

Made a 6 foot, and five foot, and recently four foot pairs of doubles, the larger sizes obviously not good for inside plane work

mark

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
depends on what you prefer and like, mine are approx 5ft.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
for sure there's a thread about this one already? tongue wink

hug

To ask others for a perfect length of double staff for you is as asking others for your perfect girlfriend... the answer is only within YOU! (IMHO)

Personally I prefer to have staff (single or double) that I can hold and they still pass my chest with arms extended.. I can do more moves that's all... Just to pass my chest when spun horizontally, then I'm fine can also still do contact and throws. Shorter is harder (for me) to do contact...

But everybody has his own preference, some LOVE (double) staff 6ft long (1,80cm) - with these I would feel limited, I'd always have to watch out whether they hit the floor or myself and I couldn't pick up speed...

So it's about trial and err and can be practised with a regular wodden pole... remember it depends strongly on what you want to do with it...

Good luck
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1140776788)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
my first set are 95 cm. i find these very comfortable but i will probably make/ buy a pair around 120 some time inthe future

"Quote coming soon..."

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
What is "uncomfortable"? confused

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

whosbasilnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
thanks fire tom, and yes i'm sure theres one of these threads too but i couldn't find it in my searching
so in short it seems that i won't get a straight answer from anyone, damn. so how come people could tell me how long my single staff should be? (up to the middle of my chest) oh well i guess i asked different people.
thanks anyway
basil

the lord works in mysterious ways

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
get two pieces of wood dowel the length of your current staff. Play with them a bit, if they are too uncomfortable then trim them until you get a comfortable length.

You may want to weight the end of the staves too while testing.

jhorelstranger
1 post

Posted:
guys for fire double staff.. do you know where or what site can i watch a video for a beginner tutorial for both hand specially for hand that your having a problem in spinning... thank in advance... by the way i'm from philippines. white

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/Library-Staff-Double-Staff-4_87_0

grin

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!