Posted:
Anybody off to the Boom this summer??
Fancy a meet??? weavesmiley juggle cool

Hilary

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Who's been before? Is it just psytrance or do they play music tooo.....

wink

* runs for cover *

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
my ex has been there four years ago and the music was apparently mainly goa stuff, but the area where it will take place must be stunning....so to everyone who can afford it to go there....DO IT!!!! must be worth it

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Ive been there
There isnt any 'REAL' music played, although theres some random drumming at times - year before last theer was a great group of Fire Troupes there and the area IS stunning.
Haviong said that if you thought the EJC was hot in the morning.......35-40 degrees in the morning is something else.
Having said that I did both festies in me van, so dont really know the truth of it - I do know however what 45 degrees at Woodfood is like and....I would recomend the festy but not the non-van camping.
Have a great time ya'll

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
mmm... it's all about taking some makehift shade! sunny

aparently they've sorted out a good soundsystem this year (for the first time) so the main rig should be pumping playing a good mixture of daytime/dark psy trance. the chill out looks pretty good and there's going to be a sacred fire village where non-amplified music groups will be perfroming. there's also a luminal villag with yoga, perfromances, discussions and movies going on and a lake where you can cool off...

basically, boom doesn't spend a lot of budget on big name performers, it's more about the festie itself. i'm just going out to soak it all up! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
have a wicked one dude - try not to damage that memory of yours, we have routines to perform when you get back - oh oh and when you see that pie monster, punch her in the face for me! (then give her a big hug). ubbrollsmile

Oh and remember, ashtrays and floor cleaner are a no no wink ubblol

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
To be honest most festivals are about the festival itself to me rather than the big name performers .. smile

Am very excited now - my work is finished and i'm currently in San Francisco wandering around this really nice city and spinning lots with the local crew biggrin weavesmiley

BTW: Does anyone have a spare space in their tent by any chance - i am unfortunately unable to pick up my own from home ont he way back from the States since i'm going straight to boom !?

Cheers, Mike

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
lex an i are probably coming out with a little 3 man tent and a gazeebo (for shade) if we can get our hands on one so should have enough space for us all to have somewhere to sleep. we should rig the zeeboo up as a tent extension with other stuff on for shade as well... will see what happens...

what juggling/spinning kit are you taking out mike? that's the big question i'm trying to sort out! D

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Again - i'm travelling litely since coming straight from over the great pond so i shall have 5 juggling balls and a pair of poi only unfortunately.. no sticks frown .. but then i'm sure there'll be some there.

Mike

Gazeebo sounds like a life-saving plan of bearability of hypertemperature conditions to be expected on planet boom. Even just some tarpauling which is much easier to carry and we can hang up between a circle of tents or a tree (are there trees ??) ..

I think i'll but a big sombrero on the way there biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ther aren't many trees and we've only got one tent so far which is why i reckon the gazeebo would be a good idea - i'll bring other stuff as well to hang between that and the tent!

legion666Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hey guys ,
i wanna go to the boom fest but have np body to go with,
I am in Balham , london at the moment and was looking to connect with ppl in london, going to Boom.
Mabey meeting can result in traveling with, camping with and burning with.
get hold of me at
legionhippie@gmail.com
If you can help me out...
PLUR.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
we're travelling on thurs morning from heathrow and getting the boom bus at four

(... or six!?!?) from lisbon so you're welcome to join us...

i've just been out in the garden making shelters... should be fun seeing what we can make when we get there! ubblol

it's getting closer... the website's been updated with full info and line ups now and the crew are already on site getting ready.... biggrin

https://www.boomfestival.org/boom2006/index.html

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
just purchased a gazeeeboooo to add to the shelter/tent construction... i'm getting so excited about this now it's actually here, so gonna be lush... lake Idanha-a-Nova here we come!!!
sunny

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Wooo!! I've arrived in Europe finally and now making final preparations to fly out to boom on thursday too! I'll await you at arrivals since i'll be there much earlier .. then we can treck over to the bus.

ohhhh i'm soooo excited now .. bounce bounce2

Mike

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
So, I had a ticket to boom but my ride fell through. I could fly to Porto but the BOOM bus is not selling any more tickets. Anybody going who could pick me up in Porto or something?

Unlikely, but heck, why not ask?

N

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
unfortunately we're boom busing from lisbon. frown

try asking on www.psy-forum.co.uk though as there's loads of people heading out through porto. you'll find threads under the travel and festivals/parties section...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
or get in touch with this person:

CAR SHARE! I have worked out if we pick the car up on 4th from Porto airport in the morning and return it on 10th in evening (flight is at 8.30pm so get it back for around 6pm) And it only costs 69.39GBP so if anyone is stuck for a way to get from airport to boom give me a call, looking for 1,2 or 3 people to share this with me. I have checked public transport and no buses or trains go to Idanha – a – Nova this year so its 70km from the nearest stop- Casto Branco. Please get in touch asap if you are going, my number is 07960165272.

Cheers, Claire xxx

or this person:

Hi

i can offer a lift for 2 maybe 3 persons from Porto to BOOM on the 3rd(i dont know yet the exact time)

fapais@hotmail.com

P.L.U.R

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
wow wow
see ya all at 4pm ish on the main dancefloor on thursday bounce ubbrollsmile bounce2 hug

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
there's no music on the main dancefloor on thurs but i'm sure we'll bump into you when there is! wink hug if anyone's interested there's a uk psy forum meet up in the chill out zone at 4pm (or 8.. i forget) on friday... biggrin

not long now! bounce

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon
34ºC
16ºC 38ºC
20ºC 36ºC
19ºC 34ºC
18ºC 37ºC
18ºC 38ºC
19ºC 38ºC
20ºC

There is the weather for boom location for the next few days. Kind of set out wrong but the low ones are night and oh my god how hot is it going to be during the day????? eek eek Still can't wait - got the old hat and sunnies at the ready

Scorchers ahead...Well if it hits 40 as officially its only a scorcher if it gets above 40!
bounce bounce

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
just packing now... been reading through the website and getting really excited!!! biggrin bounce bounce2 bounce

'we're all going on a..psytrance holiday.. sun and dancing for a.... week or so...

sunny

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
All packed 'n ready to go .. see you all there !!!

sunny bounce weavesmiley ubbloco beerchug ubblol cool bounce2 hug sunny

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMSHANKA! biggrin bounce bounce2 sunny grouphug

that was phat... the most beautiful venue and the best overall trance festival i've yet been to! camping on a hill with lake on 3 sides, floating bridges, lush ambient village, crazy dancefloor and immense structures, sunshine, swimming, dancing, spinning, scorpions, snakes, ants, tasty food, lovely people...mmmmmmm...
meditate peace
Musical Highlights:
Transwave, Chromotone, Commercial Hippies, Cosmosis, Gaudi, Digital Mystery Tour, Highlight Tribe, Dick Trevor + lots more in the chill out

Non musical Highlights:
Floating in the lake, camping with mike an lexie and our mates we met on the plane, the psychedelic art gallery, watching Fire Fantasy (Jay & Steph &co), wathching olive + julien & co, watching hundreds of other really good spinners and jugglers, exploring the liminal village,
schmoozing the commercial hippies with lexie and a can of strongbow, floating in the lake, all the lovely people wearing very little clothing, having a couple of really good spins, sitting and just appreciating how feckin lush it all was...
ubblove
right now, enough time wasted, i gotta head off to bloom! biggrin

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
I can only second that - twas a brilliant festy, hopefully i can make it to another one in two years !! (although i'll bring a) a lilo b) scorpion repellant )

hughughughughug

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
I hade a great time ubbrollsmile

Here are my pics :

BOOM PICS

I allready made a video with it, but I'll post it later wink

>> all is full of love <<

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ace pictures man... biggrin much better than mine which i still haven't put up anywhere... rolleyes

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
these are lush:

https://www.mic-creation.com/photos/reportage/19/index.html

and i've got a couple up in my gallery now too! smile
EDITED_BY: duballstar (1156769503)

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Julien (Imakokode) also did a nice video:
https://file.mistur.org/BOOM%20SPINNING.wmv
enjoy

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
nice... it captures the feeling more alive in video with music... spinning at boom was so much fun! thanks man... biggrin

Page: