PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
For several years I went on a women's retreat weekend, during which we had to surrender our watches/time pieces. I am planning a retreat for next year and got to thinking about how difficult it was making it through a whole day without knowing what time it was. I actually snuck out to my car to check it! The thing is, we didn't have a schedule we were on or anything, the curiousity was just killing us and I was the only one who was brave enough to run outside, and do the dishes once I got caught!
Do you ever find this for yourself?
How often in a day do you check the time when you don't need to?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Hardly ever. Even when I carry a watch which isn't often because I forget I never look at it.

I have absolutly no perception of time whatsoever so Having no clocks is pretty much the same as having clocks.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Tee hee! Funny you should ask! ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME. I can't live without a watch. I replaced the batteries in my watch over the weekend. Well, I didn't quite seal it right, so when I went swimming, the watch flooded.

Not an hour after I got out of the water, I was the proud owner of a new watch. Also waterproof to 200 meters...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I'm forever looking at the time!
If i accidently go out without a watch on i stop practically evry passer-by asking for the time!

I'm addicted to knowing the time. Can't stand not knowing it.

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Well, I check my watch, my cellphone my electric diary, the 6 clocks in our house, the clock in the car, the clock tower in Auckland...

I wouldn't say I am a slave to time, but I do like getting to the gigs when I'm supposed to.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
I work in a secondary school so we dont need watches. The school bell twls us when to go and when to stop....

So much fire, so little body hair...

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I've never worn a watch.. the only time peice I have apart from my two alarm clocks fort he morning is my mobile fone.. other than that I march to a different beat of drum.. time is only a concept if you make it one..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I don't wear a watch anymore, but during the week I have to know what the time is, so I can get to work on time and (more importantly ), leave work on time too.
Other than that, I only really check the time to make sure I'm meeting people in the pub when I said I would, or working out that I've just spent 11 hours in bed so I really shouldn't be tired.

I really loved it when I was on holiday and didn't need to know the time for a whole week - I got up when I wasn't tired anymore and went to bed when I was, and ate when I was hungry. Spending the day playing with my poi on the beach doesn't really need to be timed

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
It depends on which part of the day I'm in.
During work I need to know so that I can attend meetings and such. When at home I don't check the time much till I think it's close to bed time. Which is why I get to bed so late.
On the weekends I don't pay much attention to the clock. I pay more attention to my stomach to tell me when to eat meals. This past Saturday went by very fast and I think I looked at the clock a few times.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson