12 posts

Posted:
Name: Iocaine, or Saiful
Hometown: Columbia Maryland
DOB: 1/22/77
Sex:Male
Occupation(s): Jr. AMX Control Systems Programmer
Favorite Food(s): Vegetarian but love Quorn products
Favorite Color(s): Blue and my wifes hair color (red)
Toys:
Hobbies other than the obvious: I am newer to Poi and still have yet to light up, Video Games, Martial Arts, Rock Climbing (bouldering mostly), doumbek, Laughing and goofing off with friends
Education: Highschool, and AMX University for Systems Design / Install / and Programming... Im two classes away from Being a Control systems "expert" oooooo hehe.... rolleyes
Favorite Book(s): Seven Habbits, most RASalvatore books, Calvin and Hobs, Bloom County, The Art of Happiness, Alvin the Maker series
Favorite Movie(s): 40 Year old Virgin was great, Princess Bride, Labryinth, Family Dog, The first Matrix, and dont tell my wife but I loved the scenery and textures and color of Dev Das.
Favorite TV show(s): Battle Star Galactica, StarGate SG-1, Dragon Ball-Z, Naruto
Plans for life in general: Private Contractor (AMX Program and Design) or maybe even to work for AMX directly. I wanna travel the world, perform comedy /dance / and poi, drive a bugatti veyron =)
Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Dead Can Dance, Sasha, Digweed, DJKrush, Head Crash, Apop, VNV Nation, Paul Oakenfold, Ludacris, DJ Mike D Funk, Muir, Tarkan, Depech Mode, Seido S. in NY, and many many more
Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Chocolate ubbloco

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
Hi lo! welcome to HoP!

Love the Avatar, I havnt lit up yet either, im a lonesom learner boo!

juggle

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
You like the seven habits? *eek*
I still have nightmares over those books. (long story)

Hello wave

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DedphrogSILVER Member
50 posts

Posted:
wavehello...Gotta love Salvatore, Drizzt is the best!

IocaineSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
SunnySam - Thanx I love my "Super" Avatar. Oh and Im still in search of fellow spinners in my local area. Most I know are always busy.

Pink...? - Seven Habits and The Art of Happiness Helped me pull my life together and achieve true independancy from and ugly relationship going down in horrid flames.... and not the kind I would ever wanna spin.

Im a Salvatore semi-fanatic... as soon as he puts a book out I buy it and then torture myself trying to read it as slow as possible cause as sson as Im done its another year till his next one comes out. Ive been reading his books since 1991. I got my borther, sister and a dozen or so friends all stuck on his stuff now. I love to share! ubbloco

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
hey hey! and welcome. have a flower. peace

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hello! welcome to HoP! I'd never heard of Doumbek before I read your intro there, but now I've googled it: cool!
Have you had a look in the 'events, performances and gatherings' section of the forum to see if there's anything spinny going on near you?

wave

Neph

everyone's unique except me

IocaineSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
Nephtys - No I sure havent... that sound like a splendid idea. I think Ill go do just that =) Thanx!

Iocaine

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello, welcome to HoP!
wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HOP, tell me when you have your first burn and take plenty of pics!! Or better yet, make a video!

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

IocaineSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
There is actually a Poi workshop coming up in the Baltimore DC area. Its 3 days... 2 sundays in April and one in May and on the last of the three days we will light up. Im SOOO excited!! Ive been dying for something like this. Ill see what kind of photagraph if any they have planned for the 3rd day and if they dont have any planned I know a few photographers that would love to go take pictures and maybe make some videos. The burn day is the begining of may so expect atleast a few photos if not some short video! OH BOY I CANT WAIT!!

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
welcome to HoP!!!!
I'm a lone spinner too frown
Playa Del Fuego is at the end of May in Delaware Tickets are available here check it out and if you plan on going tickets go on sale this week and they sell out fast....hope to see you there biggrin juggle weavesmiley hug

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Eeep! You were born the same year as I was and you're 29.

eek *Panics*

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Hey there! welcome to hop! hug

IocaineSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOW! I finally did it. This last Tuesday night at Pennsic 35 I spun 4 times in one evening. I sooo could have gone all night long. I never really imagined it could feel so awesome. I got pictures of the first 3 burns and video of the first two but I didnt get ANY footage of the last (and best) burn! The only one where I had any music to spin to. I gotta say it was worth the 1.5 year wait. No mistakes really, no drops, it was AWESOME! I still get all jittery thinking about it. Ill get the photos and video up soon for everyone to see. I hope you all like em. I know I enjoyed makin em.

Io

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i heard that you were colourless, tasteless and odourless?

and that you were originally from australia.

is this true...?

wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

IocaineSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
colorless: Mostly
tasteless: yeah probably
odourless: not likely hehe
and no Im not from Australia but my wife and roomates all are.
Hope that counts...

Io wink