Forums > Videos > Flag video by .. me

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
This is a flag video for Elzibelles.. or anyone really! It's at a club.. It's me.. *strikes a pose* and it's Valantines day! so much fun someone actually asked me to model for them after i finished this song. SOmething like painting me like a dragon then lettin me loose with flags.. WHEEEE!!! hehehe Video

Edit:

oh yeah there's some pics from this night in my gallery tooo

EDITED_BY: L0s3r_r@v3r (1140066960)

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Well you're just a little star aren't you? hug

Thanks for that - very pretty. Nice to see what can be done with flags. Mine are bigger and have to be spun much slower or your arms really hurt after 2 mins (maybe its my weedy girl muscles) but will definately be trying out some of your moves.

For your nest mission.....a fire video! Well you've done everything else haven't you??!

PS - hope your valentines was filled with champagne and chocolates! (As well as flag poi!). ubblove

The world is a park. Go play in it. x x x

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
no alchole.. icky but some chocolates.. lol i wana get some of the big flags but they are 30-40 $$ on dube i was thinking getting white ones and tie dyeing them but *shrugs*

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
I got my flags from poi poi info. https://www.poipoi.info/shop/index.php?crn=1&rn=294&action=show_detail

They're on offer at the moment and are very pretty.
Sorry to hear about the lack of champagne. I demand it on valentines day! I have just finished my chocolates which considering that I am off work ill (hence spending all day on HOP and watching murder she wrote) was probably not a good idea. (Bluuggghhh....).

PS - I like your mohawk.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
tanks... yeah i saw those.. weavesmiley they are on swivels right? i wana get the kind without they are kinda difficult to use but.. *shrug* i like em interesting to use tho they are limited. tanks on my mohawk

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
Like the vid, I havent seen many flag vids here, and it is a good one.at that...

if you dont use the flags with swivels then I am assuming you either just grip the flag itself or attach some sort of non-swivel handle... in either case, you could buy the flags from poi poi and then remove the swicel handle, and either grab the flag directly or make a different grip of some sort, using a different type opf connector...

Oh and Elxibelles, I suppose this is a dumb question, but at poi poi, do you buy flags by the pair? on the site it is repeatedly referenced to in the singular though nowhere does it say one or two flags, so it is either implying one pair or one flag... i had seen a site selling flagsa while ago that always sold them as singles so you could get 2 different colors if you wanted, and i wasnt sure about thiss ite, but since you bought yours from there, you would know...

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Ooooh some yummy flaggy flowy goodness!
cool

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ohhhh... flags smile

I'm liking flags very much right now myself... good for yer planes biggrin

smile

And in case anyone is interested, Lisa (Faberge on here) makes absolutely wicked, non-tangling, gorgeous flags in lots of colours... Pm her...

biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
yeah i've used not swivel flags.. even with those if you just grip the fabric itself it's a small non-swivel flag.. quite fun to use

drewskiBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
I < heart> Flagging

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Yes the flags on poi poi do come in pairs and they are only a tenner at the moment!! ubbrollsmile

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
i need like a bazilion dollors to bye poi stuff (inculdeing a trip to england!)

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Yes poi can get expensive if you let it. Luckily I have a full time job to support my habit and a discount card for the local poi shop! weavesmiley

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Written by: Elzibelles

Yes poi can get expensive if you let it. Luckily I have a full time job to support my habit and a discount card for the local poi shop! weavesmiley

Local poi shop.. *takes out dictionary* can you even use those two words in a sectance togeather like that?! THe only poi shop around here is me in my friends store doing poi after hours.. lmao biggrin

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
lol... well its not exactly an exclusive poi shop. Its a head shop selling bongs and that kind of paraphenalia but it has a big section devoted just to poi, which is handy! (Ali Bongos for you locals). Have spent many a lunchtime in there planning the next addition to my poi collection come pay day. What poi do you need a trip to england for?? I thought you'd be able to get loads of poi stuff in America ubbrollsmile

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
None around here.. I like in east bum censored of massachusetts.. i mean i can maybe find some stuff in the surrounding cities.. but i just hate driveing in cities!!! so all my stuff is from HoP right now.

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Awww..Poor you. At least I know your name now Jacob (who I will be calling Jake!). If there's anthing you can't get let me know and I can always get it in the UK and send it to you. I don't blame you for not driving in cities. I went to Boston last year and nearly wet myself with fear when I saw the turnpike. You really have big roads don't you? rolleyes

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
hey i resent that, i live in worcester, Massachusetts, which is the 3rd largest city in new england, but it is still very suburban, or at least suburban compared to boston or NY. yeah the turnpike is kind of ridiculous, in part due to a longterm renovation plan that has been going on for like 15 years, but it NOT that bad at all. I can understand not liking to have to leave your town and drive toa city, just because it takes a long time, but i doubt that anywhere in MA you can be will have all that difficult driving...

THAT being said, i have found nowhere to buy poi supplies (or any of my other fire supples) anywhere near me, though i never really checked around boston. for the most part my troupe and i buy our supplies from HoP or other sites, but we usually make all of our own toys, from poi to staves to snakes to jumpropes to clubs to fans to flags to anything else we can think of... In this day and age it is just easier to buy your suppplies online anyway, and seriously, making your toys yourself is USUALLY (though not always) easy, and cheaper than buying them premade... we dont make our own bull whips or juggling balls, but most everything else we take care of... i reccomend doing that!

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Written by: FlamingOberon

but i doubt that anywhere in MA you can be will have all that difficult driving...

i live horribly close to RI and usually go into providence and going there is horrible.. worst planed city ever

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
ah, touche, touche. the highway system is ridiculous in lots of parts of RI. Whenever i head down to providence place to visit Dave and Buster's I am always blown away by how unecessarily confusing it is...

And BTW, I dont really resent anything anyone here has said about cities or the like... Just arguin for the sake of arguin...

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Well your roads are massive compared to ours anyway. We don't have more than 3 lanes. And I know all about the turnpike renovation tunnel thing.. I was in Boston studying it for university. Ah the facts I could tell you about Boston...Did you know about 80% of Boston is on man-made land made using rubbish and materails from hills they chopped down..? Nice city though.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
this will sound quite odd but if you are into cemiteries there is a wicked on in provi.. the northern burriual ground.. it's amazing <3

... yea i am crazy ubbloco

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
^_^ nice video, I actually just did some flag spinning at a club for their mardi gras party. Handles kinda feel like cheating on flags, you just kinda grab the fabric on the side where the weight is shortest and spin your heart away... if they don't get tangled that is. Mine where a lot bigger as well, and even larger swimming muscles hurt after like 5 minutes or so.

Anyway... very shibby video ^_^

Don't mind me, just passing through.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
what ever type of flags someone has it dosen't matter much cuz they all still rule so hard!

drewskiBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
i love flagging

jesusofsuburbiamember
27 posts

Posted:
man i never reallly lealized how sick those could look in the light it makes it really confusing to try and figure out what your doing with that damn strobe light going but good job its an awesome video with some good spinning

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
that is very cool, i recently bought some flags and cant wait til the british weather picks up so i can go practice!!
and mayb one day be good like that :s
but i highly doubt it!!

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
lol it only looks better than it is do to the stobes :-p thanks you! ^O^ i can't wait till the New England weather warms up and is less windy (yeah right) so i can go to a beach with my poi/flags ^.^

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
nah i think flags look wicked especially when you alternate speeds. what flags were you using? if i tried to do mine that fast they wouldnt be happy

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
i use the ones from HoP.. but my arm muscles (for some odd resone)are pretty powerfull that girl at the end is grabbing me yelling my my face on how good i was

Flaeyr_Munklefistnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
I have a friend with a pair of flags, but I never was able to see them at a club. That was very impressive smile. Yeesh, making me want to go clubbin' again and bring along my toys, lol.

There was once a man who dreamt he was a butterly, and when he awoke, he wished he would wake again to find his wings.

Page: