kevabbsSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Can anyone help me with a poi move i've seen in quite a few videos?
The only thing i can do is describe it really as i can't work it out.
Basicly when spinning the poi it look like your holding a staff... or kind of a cannooing action i guess. I've seen it done in reverse and 4wd, but cant seem to work it out.
If anyone knows any instruction videos or site links can you please help me out, as this move looks awesome?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
The only thong that springs to mind is isolations...

If you have a look in the 'helpful advice threads', the thread stickied at the top of the poi moves page, There should be some help up there.

If it's not an isolation, then can we get a better description? Or even an example of a video you've seen it in? That way we'll know exactly what it is you're after.

smile

EDIT: I just looked in that thread I pointed you towards, and there aren't any links to isolation threads in the first post... Have a search throught he poi moves forum, I'm fairly Certain this topic has come up before...
EDITED_BY: Leaning_Towards_Corruption (1140023566)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Presumably it's not a weave? I only ask because that 'like you're holding a staff' thing is exactly how I described a weave to someone before I could do one properly. Can you weave already? Because if you can it might be worth getting someone to video you doing it. Since you can only really see one poi at a time in a weave you don't realise what it actually looks like, but a nicely executed weave should look like a staff, with the poi heads in line with eachother, 180 degrees appart.

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

ducky2108A little bit of a board whore
147 posts

Posted:
I must admit, my first thought was a weave. If this is what you're on about, there's a little video in the tutorial section on this site.

Ancient wiseman say "It is very strange person, who, when left alone in room with teacosy, does not try it on"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"a poi move i've seen in quite a few videos?"

Which video? At what time?

bounce

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
It's a weave I believe, it looks like a staff cause the timing's perfect and the strings are in a straight line.

kevabbsSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's isolations. Sorry to trouble you all, i've seen that my question has been asked like 1000 times before, i just didn't know what they were called. It's a very tricky move tho!
BTW, I can weave no problems, 5beat too.
I might try putting a video on here soon, cos my new poi are so cool. I have the Wolf's revenge 3 headed fire poi, and also the fire snakes, so i get y'all a vid up soon.
Thanks for everyone who's posted in reply to me. You all awesome!
:-)

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
What a happy ending! smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.