Page: ...
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ive come across it alot. Its here, this why im disliking home of poi more every day.

When I first joined six months ago it was different, it was less chatty, more seriouse, post counts and member numbers actually meant something. Now its changed, it has become more chatty and as a result more people have joined, infact they have come in droves because of the laid back (ha and uptight now) attitude that has surfaced and as a result hop has become more popular.

As a result there are members who are slightly old school taking offense to it, they attack new members, jump on throw away threads which dont have any real substance to them and do everything they can to discredit it/the poster and shoot them down.

Ive talked to hoppers on msn who hate members because (and I quote) 'post crap'. Now this crap isnt anyhting offensive or controversial in social discussion which people might take offense too Ive asked why, its social chit chat mainly in there own introduction threads that they are taking offence too! Not even other peoples threads, nope there own. All the while these people who dislike certain members have there own huge introduction threads full of the same sort of posts as the people they dislike.

Most of it its done behind closed doors, in msn messenger and probably through pms, I have a feeling it might surface more because of the increased numbers on hop, and everybody coming across everyone on hop and variouse other ways, it might not it might just continue the way it is now only noticable to a few, who knows.

Im also gonna add if you dont like me or anyone else for that matter have the decency to stay out of my/there way because I will start publicly showing my dislike to everyone who does it, its really lame. If you dont have anything constructive to add to this topic, stay out of it too.

This is my inpression of hop, and it ahs been ever increasingly for the past six months.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
No matter who you are or what you do in life there is always someone who is not going to like it and/or is going to complain about it.

As this is such a large community I think it is generally going to happen whether we like it or not.

I do agree that sometimes there is definitely a hint of snobbery (maybe even I come across that way though I don't mean to).

Seriously though the only thing you can do is ignore the ones that you don't like or don't want to talk to. There is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop the nastiness, snobbery or complaining coming from any different type of community.

smile Though god knows I wish we could.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Hello.

Brit-Joe... everyone brings something to this website (and everyone's opinions are as valid as everyone elses), but it is, after all, only a website.

(much as we love it and spend far too much time here)

Try not to let others upset you, and just remember...

you can always go outside and play biggrin

hug

Getting to the other side smile

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: FurryPurple

it is, after all, only a website.

Someone posted this on a different forum I visit the other day when a really petty argument was going on. I think every forum on the net should have it on every page, in big flashing letters.

WELL SAID. To both those who are bitching behind backs and those who are bothered by it. Rise above. smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
if you are using hop in the wrong way, the mods will tell you, otherwise i think you should be free to post as you choose.

if you find yourself hating someone because of the way they use an internet forum you really need to get a life - really, how hard is it to find the 'ignore user' button?

if you see a post that is attacking, 'jumping on someone', *maliciously* discrediting another post or 'shooting someone down', just press the report button and let the site admin sort them out.

shrug

the subject you raise joe is, i imagine, something to do with the perceived increase in the number of active members and the deluge of accompanying 'chat' type forum use that comes with an increase in net-community size whilst they all get to know each other.

maybe there would be less people moaning if the increase in site use was attached to a revitalising of the moves sections of the forum, but it has not.

then again, maybe the moaners only have themselves to blame, since just about every post in poi moves is followed by a 'do a search' post, (usually) from a thirtysomething school hopper (its that massive grey area halfway between new school and old school - member numbers 15 to 30,001 wink) shrug

anyway, i'm off to get a coffee and eat some organic valentines chocolate - anyone want some? ubbrollsmile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lol,

yeah,its a community, as such there are always divisions and diffrences of opionion and incompatabilities. but its always like this, the board moves in waves, newbies come and mature and go, the board is freindly, then snobby, then serious and then errupts into flame war, all the time. its BBS, thats what happens.

Ive been on here for more than 4 years now, and I recon it will still be doing pretty much the same thing in four years time. Peaple always get a bit self important on the net, me included, I wouldent worry about it.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Its human nature I'm afraid.

This community is constantly growing. As everyone is different, not everyone will be in agreement, or see your point of view.

When was the last time you saw a granny at a rave?
See - not everyone is the same. Although, my mates mum likes raving - and yep she's a granny lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
hello, one of those annoying new people posting crap herespank

point was made if this all was being used in a poor way there are moderators for a reason

when i found this site i found it through myspace, perhaps part of the problem?

people who speak behind peoples back seem to be cowardly, too afraid to confront the person...if there is a problem say something-a redundant point, but one worth making again

i like the meaningless crap along with the technical discussions...someplace on here i think it says something about an online community and that's what communities do talk about things other than what brought them together

the social chats and discussions really made me comfortable enough to stick around...if it were just poi moves, i think i might have moved on finding it too intimidating having not even made my poi yet

but what do i know-just a newbie posting crap shrug

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

When I first joined six months ago it was different, it was less chatty, more seriouse, post counts and member numbers actually meant something. Now its changed, it has become more chatty and as a result more people have joined, infact they have come in droves because of the laid back (ha and uptight now) attitude that has surfaced and as a result hop has become more popular.

Emphasis mine.
How do you know that's why hop has more members than when you joined?
There's been a continuing explosion of growth of this site and of poi in general for a while now, starting a fair way back past the six months you've seen here.
I don't reckon it's had anything to do with how chatty the forums have got, it's more to do with poi becoming more mainstream - people people see it, therefore more people look for it on the internet and join forums.

Written by:

they attack new members, jump on throw away threads which dont have any real substance to them and do everything they can to discredit it/the poster and shoot them down.

Are the attacks on new members anything to do with telling them to search? We've already agreed that that needs to be toned down, but what extra attacks are there?

The threads which don't have any real substance - I know a fair few people get annoyed by them, myself included.
The way I look at it, the only point they serve is to help people raise their post count and raise their profile on the forums. Also, if there's no substance to them, why are they posted here, on a poi and object manipulation forum, instead of a random chat forum. They just seem to push the interesting and useful threads off the bottom of the page.
Just so I'm clear - I'm not including the games threads in this - at least they help build a sense of community when people are playing.

Written by:

Most of it its done behind closed doors, in msn messenger and probably through pms, I have a feeling it might surface more because of the increased numbers on hop, and everybody coming across everyone on hop and variouse other ways, it might not it might just continue the way it is now only noticable to a few, who knows.

That, I assume is because people are too polite to kick up a fuss and are trying to preserve this forum. It's a hell of a lot nicer and friendlier here than some other forums I've been on, forums where flame wars are a matter of course and happen almost every day for the smallest of reasons.

One question that I'd really like the answer for..
Why, when arguements kick off about stuff like this, is it always implied that the old school members are to blame for being so intolerant and should be the ones who change their ways? Why don't the newer members who the old school ones find so aggravating ever have to change their ways to come to a compromise?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:

When I first joined six months ago it was different, it was less chatty, more seriouse, post counts and member numbers actually meant something.

HOP has, in my experience, never been overwhelmingly serious and has alway been relatively chatty. Post counts and member numbers have always been relative and not ever really meant a great deal. There have always been people posting nonsense to get their post count up and those people with the low member numbers are not necessarily the most old skool.

I would suggests that there hasn't been much change in content but perhaps just a general increase in size?

Possibly what has happened is that you have been here six months now and are turning a wee bit jaded old skool yourself now smile ubbloco wink

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I like to discuss on msn with my HoP friends about the amount of utter balls that people post sometimes.
I could hardly post in their thread that I think their post should
be flushed down a toilet so it could stay with its own company now, could I?
I'm polite and provide links to the search function, shimmy them into the introductions area, or explain that a thread about cabbage really isn't necessary...

We all hold our own opinions, yet we must strive to be polite and helpful to the people on the site who don't know how to follow the rules yet. Because its..well..polite to do so.
And I reserve the right to talk about anybodies posting "behind their backs" to whomever I want.
Now that comes across as really 2-faced, but after all "..it is only an internet forum".

shrug

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Do we have to have another thread bitching about bitching? rolleyes

I'm more starting to get annoyed with the number of people posting about how crappy the site has apparantly become than the people who are allegedly making it crap.

If you have a problem with certain users, either send them a PM or "Ignore" them. Why start a topic moaning about it?

This isn't addressed at anyone specific, I just get irritated when I sign on and there are more threads full of complaints about users and the site. If you don't enjoy it, talk to the mods about it or leave, some of us still love this site. ubblove

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Joe, it sounds like you've fully embrased the completely immature side of HoP and are now complaining that they're immature.

I agree with Cole, it's actually pretty easy to avoid people you don't want to chat with.

I tend to repel gossip and drama quite sucessfully by simply having no tolerance for it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good heated discussion about a real relevant topic... but senseless drama? Save it for your mamma.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

Why, when arguements kick off about stuff like this, is it always implied that the old school members are to blame for being so intolerant and should be the ones who change their ways? Why don't the newer members who the old school ones find so aggravating ever have to change their ways to come to a compromise?

because theres more of us wink

and im with seithis - stop bitching about bitching *considers setting up a thread bitching about people bitching about bitching*

and just for the record i still think this site is one of the friendlist most informative and all in all best BBS there is so *deep breath*

hug ubblove kiss ubblove hugTHANK YOU MALCOLM AND ALL YOU BRILLENT MODS hug ubblove kiss ubblove hug

back

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Well said Sethis.

I've been on this forum for nearly 3 years and it has always been the same. Sometimes it's 'too chatty' other times 'too serious' yet other times 'too bitchy'. It's just a cycle, soon you'll be complaining that theres loads of threads that are far too serious.

My word, why are people intent on creating waves? Why exactly do you want to cause trouble? I've seen so many of these 'boo bad hop, hop has changed, it's awful, all the "old school" members are mean' blah blah blah.

What do you think this thread will accomplish? That HoP will change overnight? Or are you just posting it because you're bored and disillusioned with the site and you dont like it at the moment?

If you 'hate' this site, if you're 'disliking home of poi more every day' then why, oh why, are you still here?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Personally I'm OK with threads addressing issues with HOP- as long as they're not insulting or flaming, and as long as they're posted in the appropriate forum with a sensible title.

This one seems to meet those criteria.

The good thing about a sensible and descriptive title (like 'Home of Poi Snobbery ' ) is that those not interested in threads on the subject can easily skip over them.

One thing I would say is that it would be nice, when posting about these kind of issues, if some acknowledgement were given to Malcolm and those who help run the board, cos it would be sad if they took the fact that some people do address what they see as issues concerning HOP, as critisism of HOP itself.

The gripes are with a sub-section of the community, not with HOP itself.

HOP is an excellent online community resource which has brought a lot of people a great deal of happiness.

When there are issues with some of the stuff that goes on here, personally, I'm happy to see them being addressed because, at its best, that process leads to productive change, whether that's in the posting approach/sensitivity of those posting here, or, in more extreme cases, modifications to the board or its rules.

If I could put forward a point of view on this issue; I think it would be good if people better appreciated that when it comes to hostility/insult/offense, the majority is not intended as such- this however does not minimise the effect of it and, worse, makes resolving it that much more difficult.

People find it very difficult to see the point of view of others- there's always a tendency to look at a given situation and, if from your point of view there's nothing offensive/insulting in it, go on to assume that anyone who does see insult is simply 'over-sensitive'.

Whereas sometimes, it can be more constructive to simply note that a fair few people are feeling that there is an issue and, rather than just dismissing it, instead accept that maybe there is an issue, even though it's not something you can actually see at that time.

Written by: Sethis

Do we have to have another thread bitching about bitching?

I'm more starting to get annoyed with the number of people posting about how crappy the site has apparantly become than the people who are allegedly making it crap.

It's undeniable that, at the risk of over-simplifying, we have in this community two polar opposites-

1. those who think HOP is a lovely fluffly place where all is beautiful and good

2. those who see a fair bit of rudeness, intolerance and lack of sensitivity

(in reality of course, most fall somewhere between those tow extremes).

Nothing those in group 1 can do will change the fact that those in group 2 see things differently (and vice-versa); there is a hope though, that we can accept the validity of each others point of view and make efforts to ensure that communication between the two groups is as pleasant and respectful as possible.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i agree with cole and bov, and a few others on here....

hop is a HUGE community, it grows, shrinks, gets more chattie, and less chatie, and many other things

i lurked for over months before i had my first post, and if you ha een here for more than 6 months you would know abou tthe resons why post counts and tsuff where removed, and about the rows to do with that, and also to do with the jedi wars......

chill and go with teh flow, if you dont like some one press ignore,

Step (el-nombrie)

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
So what do we do with complainers who complain about complainers who complain about the way people post? wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: Coleman

maybe there would be less people moaning if the increase in site use was attached to a revitalising of the moves sections of the forum, but it has not.

Pretty much the problem with a community based around a skill... surely? It's a shame we don't get many ninja masters joining hop that then teach everybody what they have learned in 60 years of training in an ice cave. That would be cool.

Written by: faithinfire

the social chats and discussions really made me comfortable enough to stick around...if it were just poi moves, i think i might have moved on finding it too intimidating having not even made my poi yet

precisely. And in those forums everybody is equal and equally entitled to their opinions and to discussing them. Yay! If you don't want chatty don't go into social chat.

Written by: bovrilmonkey

Well cos I (hopefully) am aggravating and intolerant. wink

I'm on bovils side. Old schoolers are both cooler and more hardcore than newbies (cos they have been on hop longer - duh!) and hence more deserving of respect and adoring fans.

Plus dude, you're joining OUR community, so we make the rules! Muhahahahahahaha! Or at least, we're still going along with the traditions set down in the past. Free feel to try and change them by making a post in social discussion thou.

Written by: Aimee

I like to discuss on msn with my HoP friends about the amount of utter balls that people post sometimes.

I could hardly post in their thread that I think their post should

be flushed down a toilet so it could stay with its own company now, could I?

I'm polite and provide links to the search function, shimmy them into the introductions area, or explain that a thread about cabbage really isn't necessary...

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Yeah! I'm right there with you! But I think I have a greater ability to completely ignore those threads and remain calm. Bear in mind thou, in real life, I wouldn't think those things if somebody came up and asked me about sparkly poi. It's only because I have expectations of learning something interesting or participating in an interesting discussion that I get pissed off if my expectations aren't met. In real life, I don't have such expectations, and I can learn more things about me, about life and about you, than what would come across in a transcribed text of our communication.

Also unfortunately I seem to have made a semi literate post about something in social discussion, which is totally the opposite of my new years resolution.

So perhaps we should get rid of the membership number and have a voted for ranking of who's got the best hair on hop. Which would always lead to me or sdo-p being number one. biggrin

And censored me, I even previewed it... ubbloco

and edited it! Darn! OWD beat me to the punch with a far more on topic reply. Darn it.

And mech: JEDI WARS! I need to make a video like that....
EDITED_BY: mcp (1139949212)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Haha ubblol

I don't see what the big problem is as long as everyone is making friends and socializing.
Sometimes pointless threads can go too far though, such as a "flood control killers" thread or a "how high can we count" thread. That would just be wasting bandwidth.

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
the jedi wars where a long pain in teh arse, and sound so much better than it sounds,

it was ahuge argumnet about who was jdi and who was not, an ugly time in hop history.... long time ago long story!

Step (el-nombrie)

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

When there are issues with some of the stuff that goes on here, personally, I'm happy to see them being addressed

So am I, very happy to see them addressed, but when they are addressed more than once in a short space of time, thats when it seems that everyone is bitching.

There's lots of threads addressing this issue and i have always wondered why is this even an issue? As many people have said this is a community, communities change and evolve as they grow, it's not an 'issue' it's a fact of life and always will be. HoP will always be changing and not always for the better in some peoples opinions. Why make a thread of this inevitability when it is repeating many many threads that have come before it? People scream 'do a search' when someone posts a music thread and it gets deleted and relegated to the 1000th page of social chat. Why not the same for threads like this? Less than a month ago there was [Old link] addressing the same 'issue' which you, Brit_Joe posted in. Why post the same thing again????

Threads like these really annoy me, Malcolm has done a great thing with this site and this community and all you can do is say how much you dislike it.

I tut at you and wag my finger. *looks for finger wagging emoticon*

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
"I tut at you and wag my finger. *looks for finger wagging emoticon*"

Let Judge Judy help you with that smile

Non-Https Image Link

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, I really messed that thread up. I wonder if I can do that again? wink I mean after page three, who really cares anyway?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
ubblol Asena, thats great, just what i meant smile

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Okay, okay.... there has been several very noisy threads in the recent past which indicate there are several noisy members who are currently dissatisfied with the SERVICE that Home of Poi (Malcolm) is currently providing.

There has also been bucketloads of gratitute and appreciation from a far more noisy contingent - a constant stream in fact, which has been flowing for over 5 years now.

Complaint threads come up time and time again, yet lately it has been occuring with greater frequency, and generally with the same people saying the same things. We do our best to accommodate everyone around here; making changes in both board function and attitude. I hereby ask you to do the same - check your attitude and function on this board. Reasses your online persona and see whether you can be more accommodating too. In the time I've been a member on HOP, I've reassessed and adjusted my attitude many, many times. It's called compromise, and it does take practice, maturity and respect.

My creed is "you reflect what you project", so if you're finding that your level of dissatisfaction with the SERVICE of Home of Poi is increasing, then I ask, with genuine sincerity, that you take a step back and analyse your motivations and general attitude. If you're finding that a lot of (what you percieve to be) hostility is coming your way of late, then perhaps it's 51% you and 49% everyone else.

Just a thought.

Also, the ratio of complaint threads to moderator notifications is frighteningly disproportionate. Members don't bother holding back in threads such as this to have a whinge, yet we haven't been receiving any mod notifications about threads in any forums other than Discussion and Chat, generally. Please, I ask you again, notify the mods in the first instance if you see something in a thread that is not inline with the vibe we try to maintain.

Have a nice day.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

People scream 'do a search' when someone posts a music thread and it gets deleted and relegated to the 1000th page of social chat. Why not the same for threads like this? Less than a month ago there was THIS THREAD addressing the same 'issue' which you, Brit_Joe posted in. Why post the same thing again????

Ide actually completly forgoten about that thread, but you know in this one I think ive actually said alot more than perhaps the one off post I put in that one, which was probably more along the lines of "i agree'. Also im not actually talking about the 'do a search!!', that I do find annoying but thats another issue I hadnt wanted to bring up here allthough I could have, but I didnt.

My biggest problem is the attidue of 'your post need to be flushed down a toilet'. Whats the point? There are people who say 'I dont do social chat' yet ive seen them in it alot having a moan about whats been posted, and even posting there own recently! If you dont like something or deem it unworthy of hops presence, dont read it and then dont start having a go at people because there posts are not as good as yours.

And why is it allways supposidly hop old schoolers that are to blame? Because in six months I cannot recall one hop noob actually having this attitude, ever, not once.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:

My biggest problem is the attidue of 'your post need to be flushed down a toilet'.

Can you please PM me an example, or ten, of this attitude being displayed? I would like to know what you're talking about, but need to see it in private so as not to start a "but you misunderstood me" type thing from the flusher to the flushee.

Should be fairly easy for you to send me the links, especially if the problem is a prevelant as you are insinuating.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Lots of great points have been made on this thread, so I won't say much and just add my agreement. HoP is an ever changing place and in the years I've been here it's changed so much and never without people complaining and celebrating. The 'Chat' issue is the one that divides people the most but there always is the option to ignore the whole chat section or merely to skim through it as I do.

No web site can please all of the people all of the time. Remember that and be understanding of other people's desires and flaws and we'll be ok.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Who are these 'hop old schoolers'? do you go by member number/date registered? post count? reputation? umm

I think the fact that these 'old schoolers' have this attitude is because they've seen it all before, they've seen all these threads about hop changing so many times that it gets old. It's like watching constant reruns of a tv show you dont like and is offensive to something you love, it's ok the first couple of times but eventually it gets boring and you complain to try and make it stop. Admittedly when i was a noob i had the same thoughts but then i realised what hop was, a community, and i realised what that meant. Maybe you should too.

Dont be offended Joe but ive noticed that a lot of threads you start create tension and negative responses. Maybe this is why you dislike hop? because of responses you get on threads you start? If that is true then that's not the 'old schoolers' fault... frown

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
The Jedi Wars?????

JEDI WARS??????

eek eek

DAMN me arriving too late to enter those! I'd have kicked all of you in the teeth with my l33t expanded universe knowledge!!

(note: Can someone who was there at the time PM a brief description of what it was about? Cos it sounds really funny, but mech said it was bad... but I can't imagine Jedi *anything* being bad biggrin ubbangel)

(Note 2: Wow... 2 people agreed with me! eek I must be doing something wrong! ubbrollsmile)

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Page: ...