Page:
[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Hello!

and welcome to the Hop Hat thread!

this thread is for all you hat tips, tricks and silly jokes.

My three top tips are...

1) foot throws, point you toes! jobs a good un!

2) body rolls, always give it the mininum amount of push, or spin to do the roll, hats will move much slower than contact balls and bieng slower makes them eaisier to catch.

3) for the back of the neck roll, have the bottom of the hat (the bit you put your head in) face the auidence, its counter intuitive, but the brim rolls much beter over the shoulders, then fits back onto the arm on the other side.

So folks, whats your favriot hat tricks?

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Say, I was wondering... Are hat tricks limited to top hats and bowlers, or can you use a trilby or fedora?

I have a old pork pie hat too, but it's a bit floppy. Would I need to starch it?

Just curious, because hat manipulation is cool! biggrin

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
my new bolwer just came this morning and i havent put it down yet i got urban tumble as well its amazing hats are so fun i just need a few more now lol

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
where did you order them from?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
firetoys.com and got next day delivery havent put it down i love it some much i still need to name it but we are hjaving a meet this weekend (all weekend) so i will name it there

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
oooooo i never thought of naming my hat! thats a wicked idea biggrin

after play im definatly after getting a second, maybe 3rd hat bounce

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
lucky you i just splashed out on 1 and thats all i can afford but yeah i will deff name my hat on the weekend. has anyone named there hat if so post a pic with there name

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i just learnd some new tricks dont know the names i can roll the hat down 1 are over my sholders and down the other
99/10 times i can catch it) i can also rollit down my arm onto my head then tumble it down the other arm lol keep you all posted

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
99/10! wicked ubblol

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
lol 9/10 times. but this weekend im go9ing to a meet in s.wales so i should learn alot there even though no 1 else does hat my mate will always inspire me to better things

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so whats everyone up to with there hats

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i can now balance my hat upside down on a juggling club on my chin. on a good day i can drop the club and catch the hat on my head.

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I want to know what NYC's been doing with his hat! smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
I'm trying a good instructioinal DVD for hat tricks. I don't have net connection at home and can't really bring my hat to the net cafe.

I have Urban Tumble - but Trickswithhats.org don't seem to have converted the video to DVD - does anyone know otherwise?

Any where else for tips and learning that anyone knows??

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
The actual 'tricks with hats' dvd is excellent and is on sale on the tricks with hats website...tricks with hats dvd

I've got 'Urban Tumble' also on DVD, but haven't had chance to watch it yet. You can buy the DVD edition here and on many other websites, (have a look on google, don't know if its sold cheaper anywhere else)

Urban Tumble

Hope that helps! wink

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ok, watched both the hat vids above now, definately go for 'tricks with hats' if you're a begginer, it has great explanations and takes you through the basics. Urban tumble seems to be more for those slightly more advanced, as it doesn't have any explanations of the tricks.

Also, if anyone knows of any good links to hat manipulation I can download (preferbly one hat) then please let me know, I'm desperate to find some clips. I've had a look at the ones on tricks with hats, but I'd like to see more. Especially if you know of any clips of girls doing it too!

Thanks!

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean about the lack of girls doing hat tricks! They only girls you see doing hat tricks are Chicago style dancers doing arm rolls and thats it!

Thanks for the info on Tricks with hats. May have to ask for it for my birthday!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
oh i dont know, there are lots of girls who do hat... t

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
got a shinet nils poll topper for Crimbo
ubbrollsmile

have found a fun wee trick (not really looked at hatty resources yet, so don't know how much it exists already)
May only be poss with a felt top tho:

pinch top of hat, with palm resting along side and thumb pinching over onto the top of hat.
Hold the (assuming you're using right hand) hand and hat gripped this way vertically in front of you (with top of hat facing you, bottom facing fwd)
push hand to left, allowing hat to roll about a vertical axis (clockwise, if looking down from above)
hand (still held vertically) follows the rotation, thumb falls onto top of brim and you end in a (fingers) inside grip

Make any sense?

Might try and film at some point if not

also any good beginners' tips?

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

clubitnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
i am new to hat juggling and i dont know were to get a hat from in new zealand.If you can help plz reply

clubitnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
were did you get your 2 bowlers from?I whont to get one but dont know were to get one and $50 sounds good juggle

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Didn't know you were getting into hat mike. smile

Will I be seeing you at the Scottish?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

Didn't know you were getting into hat mike. smile

Will I be seeing you at the Scottish?

hats seem to destroy less in confined places
ubbrollsmile
sadly no...

no money, forgot to pre-reg, and I have a formal ball thing on Sat frown

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Great Thread
How are you doing Nx? - My Pseudo-namesake-Nemesis!!
Looking forward to seeing you around Europe sometime during the Summer tour - looks like youve got a fair few tricks to share.
Sorry - I havent had time to flow through the whole thread - but if anyone hasnt already mentioned - Catches/Balances and Throws from other parts of body other than usual foot/head and of course hand.
IE Elbow/fore/upper arm/back of hand/theigh(?)/knee/calf/heel/
face/forehead/any other appendage you can think of/think you can get away with!!
Im hoping to get a 2/3 hat routine done by the Euro Summer, but..... we'll see!!!!
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Page: