Forums > Help! > Which Fire Poi set should I order? (Ordering in like 10 minutes)

Login/Join to Participate

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
I have experience, but I want to keep in mind, I do not want to replace these, and if they hurt, I am fine with it, I want the best for speed and performance:

Which of these:
Pair of Cathedral twisted oval link fire poi
OR
Pair of 2.5 inch monkey fist twisted oval link fire poi

Price doesn't matter between these, just quality.

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
No answers then? Alright, Monkey Fist it is, my cousins are getting the other ones anyway, and we can switch off.

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
monkey fist is the best. there's definitly something around here in the forums if you search. But since no one really searches, here's why monkey fists are better.

That tiny little ball has a lot of wicking in it, which means it can hold a lot of fuel, so longer burns. The shape itself gives a nice look too, it's a ball flying through the air, it's a lot more natural than say... a square. The sphere shape is also good for speed because it has the most surface to give off fuel. It's a good thing. In terms of quality, all of HoP's stuff is really top notch, and if treated right, all your kevlar wicks should be able to last about the same time with proper care. My tube core wicks are fine after about six months.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"No answers then?"
Expecting an answer in 14 minutes? umm

Please accept my apologies for me not being online smile
This weekend was one of the only weekends I had off.
I spent it on the sofa watching TV.

"But since no one really searches" eek Yes we do.
Perhaps a way of proving this would be to only browse HOP whilst every other member of the forums was in the room with you at the time? umm

"all of HoP's stuff is really top notch" Yep. All of it. Even the paperclips. biggrin

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Monkeys win over cathedrals in terms of speed and performance. They do hurt though... your forearms after a continuous night's spinning, at least for the first couple of weeks, they weigh a ton!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I must appologise, my first post now seems to be a load of rude and abusive tripe.

My apologies, hug2

I suggest having a read of this, this, this one too, and this one.

smile

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
Written by: UraniumChipOxidationFacility

I must appologise, my first post now seems to be a load of rude and abusive tripe.

My apologies, hug2

I suggest having a read of this, this, this one too, and this one.

smile

Okeys. ubbloco