Page: 123...5
maxime
Total posts: 17
Posted:The more i get around fellow poiers, the stronger the impression that dreadlocks is a necessary hairstyle for poiers gets

My concern now is that I'll never ever be able to grow dreads. Not that I dont like it, but my hair just dont allow me to.

Is that a problem?

biggrin

EDITED_BY: maxime (1139569629)

Pour vous servir.

Delete Topic

maxime
Posted:hey sorry, I don't know why the poll doesn't work yet. I must have done something wrong
I'll learn

Pour vous servir.

Delete

_Clare_
_Clare_

Still wiggling
Total posts: 5967
Posted:'I'll learn'

Yep biggrin

Hello and welcome biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

Nephtys
Nephtys

resident fridge magnet
Total posts: 835
Posted:Hi Maxime smile The poll will start working on the 11th - in the meantime, maybe you should get this moved to the chat section? biggrin

No dreads here by the way!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Delete

maxime
Posted:Written by: Nephtys

maybe you should get this moved to the chat section?
Neph

true, true.
how can I do that?

Pour vous servir.

Delete

pricklyleaf
pricklyleaf

with added berries
Total posts: 1365
Posted:Hello wave

You need to click on the little hazard sign that appears underneath the post. I've done it for you.

In the meantime, why don't you start a new thread in this forum introducing yourself to us. You can find a template here, to copy and paste.

Clicky clicky

And by the way, I don't have dreads, but they can look really hot on some people (and others well, mmm). I really don't think I'd suit them somehow! ubblol

EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1140135748)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Delete

maxime
Posted:Written by: pricklyleaf

Hello wave

In the meantime, why don't you start a new thread in this forum introducing yourself to us. You can find a template here, to copy and paste.

Clicky clicky

I did, mate
;-)
But I can re-do it
:-)

Pour vous servir.

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI
Total posts: 3556
Posted:dreadless, my hair is hard enough to deal with right now

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:"The more i get around fellow poiers, the stronger the impression that dreadlocks is a necessary hairstyle for poiers gets"

frown

Sheep, stereotypes and shampoo spring to mind.

Delete

TinklePants
TinklePants

Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
Total posts: 4217
Posted:I said it before and i'll say it again - I WANT DREADS (but i'm not allowed) *cries*

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:You are not allowed? umm

Delete

TinklePants
TinklePants

Posted:thats correct - I AM NOT ALLOWED. Not allowed anything that would make me unique. I have to follow the crowd apparently, or i'll look stupid. Yes. I was told that. eek

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Used to have dreadlocks years before my spinning days...

Stereotyping's only bad if the person doesn't actually like what they do to become a stereotype.

i.e. if someone doesn't actually like dreadlocks but gets them anyway just to fit it. Just like someone who desperately wants dreadlocks but refuses because they're afraid they'll be perceived as a stereotype.

If you want them, get them. If you don't, don't. Simple as.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

TinklePants
TinklePants

Posted:Its not that i'm scared, its my partner's issue with me dressing how I want. And I let him control my dress sense. its my own fault really...

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Just tell him what I just said...

As long as he understands it's YOU who wants them and not your peers I shouldn't see what the problem is...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

GeoffonTour04
enthusiast
Total posts: 360
Posted:dunno tinklepants your hair's quite nice anyway, dreds are messy, they stink etc.

I was gonna get em cause my hair curls like a [censored] if I don't wash it religiously so at festivals I get semi dreds anyway. Eventually decided it was too much hassle, a few people I know have had em & got really annoyed with em. Does look badass though

Delete

polythene
veteran
Total posts: 1359
Posted:Written by: GeoffonTour04
...they stink etc.

rolleyes

Only if you don't wash your hair. Funnily enough your hair will stink if you have a 'normal' hairstyle and don't wash it either.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:Don't have dreads.

But then again, in HoP terms, I'm fairly main stream.

I totally blame going to a public school. wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

_Aime_
_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 4172
Posted:Dude your RE teacher practically used torture to make you cut your hair...I would love to see you go in after summer hols with dreds! ubblol

Delete

Theo_
Theo_

Dirty Hippie
Total posts: 347
Posted:i'm getting dreds. i like doing stuff my parents dont like... i duno why. its just fun i guess. plus dreds are cool. but i wont get em till next summer. unless i do it this summer

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Delete

SunnySammy
SunnySammy

Watching the Sky
Total posts: 453
Posted:Ive always had the thought of having dreads, big hair works with me so much better!
I did loads pf research last year and was so close to getting them (this was before poi aswell), but still havnt got around to doing it yet! BAH! Still fancy it ................. I dunno.

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

Delete

Dut
lurker
Total posts: 380
Posted:Written by: TinklePants

thats correct - I AM NOT ALLOWED. Not allowed anything that would make me unique. I have to follow the crowd apparently, or i'll look stupid. Yes. I was told that. eek

haha. yeah. you guys should totally get dreds and be unique and rebellious like everyone else. :P

-- dut

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:Written by: Aime

Dude your RE teacher practically used torture to make you cut your hair...I would love to see you go in after summer hols with dreds! ubblol

Twas my housemaster who made me do it. Git.

My RE teacher would have no problem. That guy's a dude! biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Firetramp
Firetramp

old hand
Total posts: 896
Posted:I have one dread. Uhm, is that a yes or a no on that poll of yours?

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Delete

Domino
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
Total posts: 757
Posted:I had dreads for 3 days in total. My hair is so thin that I had about ten on my head, and I didn't have any wax so they started fraying almost immediately...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Delete

OrangeBobo
OrangeBobo

veteran
Total posts: 1389
Posted:I have dreads redface Does that mean I'm now a steriotype? I hope not. But really, dreads are so much more than just a hair style... They become your identity in a lot of cases. Thankfully I haven't been held back in life due to my dreads. (As in, I have a job!) My friends love my dreads, certain members of my family less so, but I couldn't imagine myself without them. I've had them for a year and a half now, and I'm not planning on getting rid of them any time soon!

On that note, I should put up some new pictures of my dreads on my HoP gallery... The ones that are in there are a bit old.

One thing I have learned from having my wonderful dreadlocks: patience. They don't happen over night, that's for sure!

ubblove

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Delete

L0s3r_r@v3r
L0s3r_r@v3r

enthusiast
Total posts: 274
Posted:I like changeing my hair style to much to get dreds.. Plus i like spikeing wiht long bangs ^o^ right nwo i got a mowhawk with long bangs.. i'll post a pic in my gallery if anyone care ^o^ i love my hair it's a pretty bark drown with blond and red highlights :-p

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Delete

Gnor
Gnor

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 5814
Posted:I see someone with dreads and wonder if they spin. Usually thay dont but are interested biggrin

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Delete

Hanz
Hanz

veteran
Total posts: 1328
Posted:I dont have dreads... but I do want them! although now I am thinking of air hostessing, and I wont be able to get them frown *grumbles about presentation*

Is it a bad thing that I saw a few Hippies in the park the other day and wondered if they twirled? (whilst we're on the subject of stereotypes)

Delete

Sporky
Sporky

addict
Total posts: 663
Posted:I have dreads and love them. I have loads of really thin ones that are currently dyed bright red. I tend to get a lot of questions about them but its all good.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

Delete

Hanz
Hanz

veteran
Total posts: 1328
Posted:Is it possible to get one smaller one and have it look good?

Delete

Page: 123...5