Page:
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ugh I really dislike the way Madonna at allmost 50 is prancing around stage in outfits Britney Spears would wear. Yes she looks great but theres no getting away from the fact that she is starting to drop in places! Whos is she trying to fool, that and she has children its allmost embarresing to watch music videos shes in now. And that gap in her teeth biggrin might have looked fine at 30, but not now!

Saggy saggy mwhahahar put on some clothes for god sakes woman soapbox

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm kinda of in the middle about this...

In all fairness she did really define the while modern pop-starlet-in-skimpies so she should have the right to to utilise that look whenever she wants. Although, even if she may be trying to make a statement about ageism (why shouldn't a women nearing her 50s wear whatever she wants to show off her still unwobbly body) I'm imagining a 'Whatever happened to Baby Jane?' scenario of an old crone spilling into her leotard clinging onto her glory days whilst keeping 5-time Oscar-Winning Director Guy Ritchie locked upstairs in his wheelchair.

(Okay, 'Madonna', 'Betty Davis', 'Joan Crawford', 'Guy "Mr Madonna" Ritchie' and 'fashion'. How many gay points did I earn in that one paragraph?)

Nevertheless she has good share of immensely poi-able tunes to her credit so I'm willing to overlook her leotard fetish. (I don't watch TV anyway so I don't really see her anyway).

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Neon Shaolin

(Okay, 'Madonna', 'Betty Davis', 'Joan Crawford', 'Guy "Mr Madonna" Ritchie' and 'fashion'. How many gay points did I earn in that one paragraph?)

ubblol

smile cool

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

jeffhighGOLD Member
89 posts

Posted:
I'm a few years older than madonna and I'll wear whatever I dam well want to.
Fortunately for the rest of you that does not include leotards
Jeff

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Its just that I have old fashiond views, one of which is dressing appropriatly for your age. I doooo not think its appropriate for a 48 year old mother to wear things like that.

why not? where's the rule book on what you can wear and when you can wear it...?

who cares what people wear shrug

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ditto

and who are we to judge

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Who is anyone to judge anything? You have to judge, because that is the only way we find out as a society what is accepted and what isn't.

I personally think Semi-Naked Cavorting on Music videos = Boring. Unless the person happens to be *really* fit. Madonna, bluntly speaking, isn't (to me, anyway. She's old enough to be my mother, and I therefore don't find her attractive).

In her video, she looks much sexier (relatively speaking) when she's wearing jeans and a coat than when she's wobbling over the floor in the dance studio, or gyrating on a stereo.

I don't like her music, and I don't want to see someone I'm not attracted to wearing very little. Therefore I neither buy nor listen to her music.

Joe is stating his opinion, albeit bluntly. That is his right. It is also your right to disagree with him. But can we do it without the personal comments? smile

(All of this is just my opinion by the way)

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Isn't it nice when a personal-attacker reforms and does his best to maintain the peace around here? smile

(and I wasn't joking about Madonna being ironic)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I second what the doc has said !.

She's always from the early 80's changed her style to suit the new population/generation.

And yes i find her attractive cause she still keeps herself tight.

And if i had a lady looking like that at 47 good dam you know what id be doing .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Tell you what Joe. How about you stick on a leotard and we'll comment on you instead. wink

Gayle.....!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Meh, for every person that doesn't like looking at Madonna in a leotard, there is one that does. And the same goes for the rest of us by the way...

For every one of us, there are others out there who love every cellulite dimple in our butts, every man-boob and every love-handle.

If a particular person doesn't do it for you, either in body or in dress sense, it really isn't that important. We shouldn't be judgemental about it. We should just accept the fact that the chemistry ain't there. But it probably is for many other people.

So, Mr Brit-Joe, our original poster. You can have your opinion, but it doesn't mean you get to change another's life choices. Cos there are just as many out there who love Mads. Even if she were a flabby-fifty with wrinkles and flobby bits, there would be people who want to see it. And she would have every right to show it and be proud.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gayle......!

Tell you what Joe. How about you stick on a leotard and we'll comment on you instead. wink

ubblol hmmmm, as much as I like joe, no thankyou tongue

plus, think you missed the point, but I may be wrong, wasnt it if your not gonna look good in it, dont wear it? So why would you put something on if your gonna look bad and get slagged?

Thats not my opinion btw, I'm all up for wear what you want, but that is the topic under discussion. shrug

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I want to know who made up the rules for age appropriateness please...I need to make sure that what I wear and how I look is appropriate for my age...so can someone please point me in the right direction?

Seriously who are you to deem what is appropriate at any given age?

Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't age appropriate.

And how do you know Madonna isn't acting her age? For all we know (not being anywhere near her age myself) she could be acting her age and the other people her age might not be....how do we know? hmmm???

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol yeah - already past 40 is really really old... cover yourself up, will ya?... ubblol

I can't see much "wobble" on madonna rolleyes and for sure her success makes her even sexier... wink What's your problem, dude... ? There are younger artits than her who have less the body to show and still do it... if you don't like it - remotely flip the channel...
(besides you forgot to mention Cher... rolleyes )

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
oh cher, I love her!

*walks off singing "its in his kissssssss"*

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... that's where it is! wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol no, cher knows how to cover up and dosent look like mutton dressed as lamb in concert or in videos.

Written by:

There are younger artits than her who have less the body to show and still do it...

Like I said its all about being appropriate, and in that age factors. After all lets take someone else with some age into consideration and even alot of respect, someone like Germaine Greer. It wouldnt be appropriate for her to dress like the above picture, neither would it be for someone like Meryl Streep

(hmm im thinking maybie Germaine Greer

isnt the best example seeing as she is alot older than Madonna, hence Meryl being used, I just like saying the name Germaine Greer it has a lovley ring to it lol)

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Just a bit judgemental there don't you think?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

Like I said its all about being appropriate, and in that age factors.

Ok - I'm almost 27.

Could you please give me a list of what clothes I can no longer wear when I cease to be 26?
I'd like to know in advance so I have a chance to refill my wardrobe in time, thereby avoiding drawing whispers and disbelieving glances from the perfectly toned and devastatingly attractive fashion gurus that are the youth of today.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
In my opinion the bototm line is, Madonna is starting to get on a bit but she looks great, I say good for her, if you don't like her stuff don't watch it

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
madonna looks great and she isnt the one who thinks up her music videos someone else does to sell the song and she has to by contract go along with it because of her record company.

but still she looks good and good on her
i think people should where whatever they feel comfortable in and what they feel good about themselves in]

my dad is same age if not older than madona and he still looks early 30s and dresses in fashionable clothing and im 24 and still wear what ever i feel comfortable in including furry outfits for raving despite people going against it saying cybers are teeny boppers and i look silly, if it fits for the event i wear it and feel good in it

she looks good and it sells the video and suits the song
let her be she is a good mum and only does the outrageous outfits for her job as thats what it is a job, just like me i have to wear a uniform at work its the same thing she has to wear outfits for her job

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
There's no way madonna is forced to wear anything. She's now at a point where she can tell the record companies & her PR guys to go stick if she wanted.

I agree with flashfire, I think it's her taking the piss & deliberately trying to cause this kind of conversation. Publicity is after all, what pays her cheques.
EDITED_BY: GeoffonTour04 (1139646348)

addict
667 posts

Posted:
yer she may be at the point to have a say but she still doesnt choreograph the videos and the outfits are what comes with the job

she isnt forced but it is still what sells it and if she had wore a jumper and jeans and worked out the video would have looked stupid

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Written by: dani_babyboo

yer she may be at the point to have a say but she still doesnt choreograph the videos and the outfits are what comes with the job

she isnt forced but it is still what sells it and if she had wore a jumper and jeans and worked out the video would have looked stupid

Next part of the topic - Why would it look stupid if she wore jumper and jeans....Or for that matter ANYTHING?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

addict
667 posts

Posted:
because the video is her working out and dancing in a studio and for those that were ever dancers that is the sort of thing u did wear maybe in the 80s and thats the era she is from

wearing jeans and jumper whilst doing a dance work out in a dance studio doesnt actually fit the video does it

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Written by: GeoffonTour04

There's no way madonna is forced to wear anything. She's now at a point where she can tell the record companies & her PR guys to go stick if she wanted.

I agree with flashfire, I think it's her taking the piss & deliberately trying to cause this kind of conversation. Publicity is after all, what pays her cheques.

Well Madonna has always been able to work the public, her long career proves that

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:

Ugh I really dislike the way Madonna at allmost 50 is prancing around stage in outfits Britney Spears would wear. Yes she looks great but theres no getting away from the fact that she is starting to drop in places! Whos is she trying to fool, that and she has children its allmost embarresing to watch music videos shes in now. And that gap in her teeth biggrin might have looked fine at 30, but not now!

Saggy saggy mwhahahar put on some clothes for god sakes woman soapbox

Are you possibly a writer for the daily mail?

ubbangel

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Dani, IMO then she looks sexier the more clothes she puts on. Why didn't she just do a video where she is wearing a pair of jeans and jumper/tee-shirt?

The part where she's wearing a leotard is gratuitous and I think just fills the obligatory space in what seems like every music video nowadays that says "Semi naked lady here".

There is no reason. It just is. Maybe the music industry thinks people can't pay attention for 3.5 minutes if they're not treated to sexual material. Or maybe it's a reason to watch an otherwise completely boring song, and thus raise ratings? shrug

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

Like I said its all about being appropriate, and in that age factors.

Ok - I'm almost 27.

Could you please give me a list of what clothes I can no longer wear when I cease to be 26?
I'd like to know in advance so I have a chance to refill my wardrobe in time, thereby avoiding drawing whispers and disbelieving glances from the perfectly toned and devastatingly attractive fashion gurus that are the youth of today.

Youve missed the point entirely, it isn’t about 'fashion'. Of course since this was a completely cynical and sarcasm laid remark im not even going to bother to comment any further until you start to post real reply’s and stop repeating whats already been said without even an ounce of tact, which at least the previous posters had the decency to include.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
In other words, he doesn't want to play no more, becuase he knows he's totally wrong.

ubbangel

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
No FRD, I just dont want too be spoken to like that, even in a forum. I wasnt rude to bovril

Page: